Author Topic: Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump  (Read 7116 times)

Oceander

Re: Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2017, 02:34:46 pm »
Border crossings, down, prosecution of MS13 up; I'd think one would not read the papers to not know these things.

And Trump has done these how?  Going after MS13 is Sessions doing, not Trumps.  Perhaps we should replace Trump with Sessions?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2017, 02:35:18 pm »
Meh... I'm not a social conservative or liberal, more middle of the road.

Funny how social conservatives can be in favor of a guy who wants to grab women "by the bleep", among other things. That just doesn't make sense to most people I talk to. Or has a press secretary who publicly accuses other cabinet members of wanting to "suck their own cock".

:shrug:

Okay, so you aren't a social conservative; like a lot of people here, they may not care about the pro-life issue,  that makes them not conservatives in a lot of people's minds.

Then, you mention personal items about Trump which may or may not be true. Pretty weak and then, you basically back down from the issue and say "I'm middle of the road", meaning I don't really give it much heed one way or another.

Again, every candidate can be criticized, one can find problems with them all. Scott Walker said some very weak things on immigration, etc. but I was supportive of him.

Again, results are what matters to some people, what's next? A candidate watches an X-rated movie and we hold that against him?

And Scaramucci supported Walker first, then Jeb Bush. Gee, are we going to assign his actions to those two former candidates too?

I consider the right to life to be much more important than something Trump said on an open mic in 2007 but I don't expect better from Trump critics.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2017, 02:36:01 pm »
Of course Reagan can be picked on.  However, that does not put Trump in the same league with Reagan, nor Reagan in the same sewer with Trump.

Reagan with his 1986 Amnesty created the greatest threat ever (sans nuclear war) to our republic. Trump is trying to clean up the huge mess Reagan made.  And everyone that dumps on Sessions for supporting unconstitutional property forfeitures forgets that it was Reagans' War on Drugs that got all that started along with unconstitutional no knock laws. Reagans' got lots of pimples too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2017, 02:37:16 pm »
Then, you mention personal items about Trump which may or may not be true.

Like what? What he said on tape?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2017, 02:38:12 pm »
   I disagree @TomSea There is NO safe space for a NT'er, (nor do we need one) especially not here with the likes of you, always mischaracterizing us as baby killers.

Baby killers? No, drama queens yes.

• Technical
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2017, 02:38:39 pm »
Okay, so you aren't a social conservative; like a lot of people here, they may not care about the pro-life issue,  that makes them not conservatives in a lot of people's minds.

Well it is my opinion that those people's opinions are not worth a bucket of warm piss.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2017, 02:42:34 pm »
Reading press headlines it appears Pres. Trump's emphasis on reducing regulatory burdens on doing business in the US has yielded results:

Foxconn Says It Plans to Build Factory in Wisconsin, Adding 3,000 Jobs
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/business/foxconn-factory-wisconsin-jobs.html

2017: The Market Indicates A Trump Economic Boom Is Coming
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4028532-2017-market-indicates-trump-economic-boom-coming

Summary:
  • The market is signaling that an economic boom could be starting in 2017.
  • Trump is promising major corporate and individual tax cuts, deregulation, and infrastructure spending, which could lead to an economic boom..
  • Investors are rotating out of defensive healthcare and fast-growth tech names and buying industrial and infrastructure stocks..
  • Consumer product companies (like boat and motorcycle manufacturers) that typically benefit from an economic boom are also surging.
  • It makes sense to look for undervalued small cap stocks that could participate in an economic boom as well as be a bit contrarian and buy cheap drug stocks.

(The above was from Dec 2016 - post Trump election. Seven months later, the Trump boom is HERE.)

And, of course, President Trump had nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:55:11 pm by aligncare »

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2017, 02:44:28 pm »
I think I have to agree that, putting the bombast aside, Trump's presidency so far has been far more "conservative" policy-wise than Hillary's would have been.  That alone justifies my voting for him.  Few regrets so far, though I get agitated with his lack of discipline, tendency to humiliate his friends with public dress-downs, and just the chaos all around him. 

OTOH the Republican party, particularly in the senate, has disappointed me far more than Trump. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2017, 02:45:04 pm »
True enough @Oceander.  What's driving jobs is the confidence factor.  Businesses believed the President would sign the repeal of Obamacare (true) and that the Republican congress would fulfill their promise to do so (false). 

The inaction of the Republican congress will now throw into doubt tax relief for American businesses.

The ramifications of this will ripple through the economy and a lot of Americans are going to be hurt.

Anger should be directed at three Republican Senators.

@TomSea

Not true, Trump promised regulatory reform and he is delivering on that promise. 16 regs removed for every new reg. That is a policy that is improving the environment for job creation.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2017, 02:47:18 pm »
And Trump has done these how?  Going after MS13 is Sessions doing, not Trumps.  Perhaps we should replace Trump with Sessions?

Box of rocks stupid. Who appointed Sessions and who campaigned on securing the border and cracking down on "the bad ones".

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2017, 02:48:31 pm »
I think I have to agree that, putting the bombast aside, Trump's presidency so far has been far more "conservative" policy-wise than Hillary's would have been.  That alone justifies my voting for him.  Few regrets so far, though I get agitated with his lack of discipline, tendency to humiliate his friends with public dress-downs, and just the chaos all around him. 

OTOH the Republican party, particularly in the senate, has disappointed me far more than Trump.

What you said... :bullie smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2017, 02:48:57 pm »
Poor Weird Tolkeinish Figure, so offended by someone's words, doesn't mind saying outrageous things themselves.   Pretty funny.

As long as they give results; it's not like they are talking of really sundry things. People talk.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2017, 02:50:32 pm »
Box of rocks stupid. Who appointed Sessions and who campaigned on securing the border and cracking down on "the bad ones".

Amen to that.

Sessions was an elected Senator, without Trump appointing him, that's where he would still be and casting his one lonely vote in favor of secured borders.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2017, 02:51:45 pm »
Donny is 10X more Conservative than Bush II ever was. I realize that every time I try to board a plane or try to make a bank transaction.

:beer:

• Technical
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2017, 02:52:41 pm »
Poor Weird Tolkeinish Figure, so offended by someone's words, doesn't mind saying outrageous things themselves.   Pretty funny.

As long as they give results; it's not like they are talking of really sundry things. People talk.

Lol... all this conservative talk of "principals" and character during the Clinton, it was all complete bullshit.

Conservatives don't give a shit about principals, character or morality. Just having the right opinion, and "results".

It was all a lie. It was all bullshit and smoke and mirrors.

And you have just proven as much.

If any social conservative now lectures me about Jeebus, morality, character, I can just throw the complete farce that is Donald Trump right into their smug, ugly faces.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2017, 02:55:01 pm »
Some interesting posts, that more or less fall into one of two general categories:

[1] What is a Conservative?

[2] Why doesn't Trump bypass Congress and write his own legislation a la Obama?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2017, 02:56:47 pm »
The excerpts in the American Conservative article are spot on.  Trump supporters should read it.  Take off the blinders.  Your hero is off the rails.  He is not "winning."

The choice last November was Hillary Clinton, or Donald Trump. The nation is better off, with Trump.

Trump won 30 states with 306 electoral votes. Feel free to dream about fantasies of third party supermen, coulda shoulda woulda figures.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2017, 02:59:20 pm »
True enough @Oceander.  What's driving jobs is the confidence factor.  Businesses believed the President would sign the repeal of Obamacare (true) and that the Republican congress would fulfill their promise to do so (false). 

The inaction of the Republican congress will now throw into doubt tax relief for American businesses.

The ramifications of this will ripple through the economy and a lot of Americans are going to be hurt.

Anger should be directed at three Republican Senators.

@TomSea

So, even by your own admission, it had nothing to do with Trump.  He's a useless circus sideshow.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2017, 03:01:32 pm »
Back when I was in college they used to give us "thinking games", which essentially honed a student's thinking skills.  Such as:

Pick One: Have an arm cut off or a leg cut off.

So while the class debated the Pro's and Con's of each of the two options available the professor never let on he was giving us an introduction into the two-party system of American politics, otherwise known as a Duopoly.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2017, 03:01:53 pm »
The choice last November was Hillary Clinton, or Donald Trump. The nation is better off, with Trump.

That's not saying much.

Oceander

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »
Not true, Trump promised regulatory reform and he is delivering on that promise. 16 regs removed for every new reg. That is a policy that is improving the environment for job creation.

How many regulations have been repealed - absolute numbers - and how many were serious problems and how many were otherwise meaningless deadwood that didn't have much of an impact anymore?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2017, 03:08:25 pm »
There was a big Liberal roll-forward with Obama and that would have continued under Hillary; and a ton of corruption and at least, questions as well; Muslim brotherhood, all kinds of stuff.  To me, the issue is stark.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2017, 03:08:41 pm »
Trump is the Republicans equivalent to Jimmy Carter. Conservatives did not vote for him.

1. Exit polls show otherwise, i.e. that conservatives did vote for Trump.

2. However if as you say conservatives did not vote for him, then there are not enough of those type of conservatives to matter in a national presidential election.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2017, 03:11:09 pm »
Reading press headlines it appears Pres. Trump's emphasis on reducing regulatory burdens on doing business in the US has yielded results:

Foxconn Says It Plans to Build Factory in Wisconsin, Adding 3,000 Jobs
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/business/foxconn-factory-wisconsin-jobs.html

2017: The Market Indicates A Trump Economic Boom Is Coming
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4028532-2017-market-indicates-trump-economic-boom-coming

Summary:
  • The market is signaling that an economic boom could be starting in 2017.
  • Trump is promising major corporate and individual tax cuts, deregulation, and infrastructure spending, which could lead to an economic boom..
  • Investors are rotating out of defensive healthcare and fast-growth tech names and buying industrial and infrastructure stocks..
  • Consumer product companies (like boat and motorcycle manufacturers) that typically benefit from an economic boom are also surging.
  • It makes sense to look for undervalued small cap stocks that could participate in an economic boom as well as be a bit contrarian and buy cheap drug stocks.

(The above was from Dec 2016 - post Trump election. Seven months later, the Trump boom is HERE.)

And, of course, President Trump had nothing to do with it.

And Wisconsin will pay at least $3 billion in subsidies and tax breaks for that plant.  They'd have been better off just giving every state resident a tax break and let them make best use of that money rather than funneling it into crony capitalism. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2017, 03:14:26 pm »
How many regulations have been repealed - absolute numbers - and how many were serious problems and how many were otherwise meaningless deadwood that didn't have much of an impact anymore?

HJ res 43

HJ res 34

HJ res 40

HJ res 38

HJ res 41