Author Topic: Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump  (Read 7082 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2017, 02:08:19 pm »
Well, then why has the economy picked up? Why is unemployment low?  Why are there more jobs?

Right, The President has nothing to do with it.

Trump's done some good but his very poor character and chronic buffoonery will hurt the conservative movement (now little more than a bowel movement) for generations to come. A conservative Jimmy Carter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2017, 02:08:49 pm »
Is this the Conservative Piggy Noonan that endorsed Obama in '08?

Obama and the Runaway Train
The race, the case, a hope for grace.
By Peggy Noonan
Updated Oct. 31, 2008 11:59 p.m. ET

The case for Barack Obama, in broad strokes:

He has within him the possibility to change the direction and tone of American foreign policy, which need changing; his rise will serve as a practical rebuke to the past five years.....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB122539802263585317

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGxbOhzc_HA     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGxbOhzc_HA

This shouldn't slide off the grid ....

Offline corbe

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2017, 02:09:00 pm »
This is a smear on Trump, the moderators should indeed say these other people can't say this garbage but the never Trumpers have their safe space.

"Pro-America
Pro-Law Enforcement
Pro-Military
Pro-Veterans
Secured Borders
Pro-Business
Pro-Christian Values"

I disagree @TomSea There is NO safe space for a NT'er, (nor do we need one) especially not here with the likes of you, always mischaracterizing us as baby killers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2017, 02:09:56 pm »
Well, then why has the economy picked up? Why is unemployment low?  Why are there more jobs?

Right, The President has nothing to do with it.

Good questions.  However, the president doesn't run the economy, there are plenty of other factors moving it, and the one point that was clearly related to Trump, the jump in stocks, has wilted and being replaced with realism based on his ineffectiveness. 

This is most certainly not Morning in America time. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2017, 02:10:34 pm »
And yet, all he does is bicker and squabble with his own people over twitter.  That makes all of what he says that you find so fascinating nothing more than an empty bill of goods.

It's all there, you have already scoffed at at least one pro-life issue, that personhood issue which is a bit extreme. Trump has done well on social issues though the full force needs help from the Senate, the House certainly did their part. On that issue alone, you have shown you would not be a social conservative.

Trump appointed Gorsuch, defunded Planned Parenthood International $12 billion, gave states the right back to defund the organization. I guess, some folks may not know the news.

There's enough to say that perhaps the liberals are the ones accusing Trump of not being conservative, because it looks like total sour grapes.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2017, 02:11:07 pm »

This shouldn't slide off the grid ....

Piggy Noonan is David Brooks with a penis.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2017, 02:14:38 pm »
I lost respect for Peggy when she started writing glowing opinion pieces of Obama...what she says here maybe true but I just don't care what she says anymore.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2017, 02:18:21 pm »
Trump's done some good but his very poor character and chronic buffoonery will hurt the conservative movement (now little more than a bowel movement) for generations to come. A conservative Jimmy Carter.

Alright, conduct is more important to some; but results are more important to others. I think Trump will be reelected as well. Sometimes, it's good to have an off-the-wall character.

Trump has already affected more conservatism than 12 years of the Bush's.

Oceander

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2017, 02:19:20 pm »
Alright, conduct is more important to some; but results are more important to others. I think Trump will be reelected as well. Sometimes, it's good to have an off-the-wall character.

What results?

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »
I lost respect for Peggy when she started writing glowing opinion pieces of Obama...what she says here maybe true but I just don't care what she says anymore.

Mega dittos!   :thumbsup:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2017, 02:22:09 pm »

I used to read Noonan's syndicated articles back in the 90's when she was working for some paper in Florida.  Most of her articles were in my opinion pretty spot on and well written.  Others, however, left me scratching my head and wondering if she was just tweaking her readers as some sort of test.  And yet other articles addressed an issue from an odd angle that if nothing else required the reader to stop and think (always a good thing).

As for the WSJ, I ended my decades old subscription with them a few years back.  Although the news articles were still being expertly written the editorial page had taken a sharp turn to the Left in my opinion.  More recently, Noonan became the featured writer at the Journal, which was followed shortly thereafter by the departure of long time institution Brett Stevens.

Thing change, people change, and for all I know it's me that has changed.  But I doubt it.

• Technical
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2017, 02:22:46 pm »

His results are pretty milquetoast in spite of the GOP having a near total control of the government.

And he isn't just off-the-wall, he's a sniveling, whining coward. And people know that.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2017, 02:23:51 pm »
What results?

Pro-life victories, economy, military, law enforcement, business, more jobs. Etc.

I could not look at my daughter, if I knew I aided the left-wing abortion machine killing thousands of babies each week, the Senate has to do their part but Trump and the Senate have done their part.

2nd amendment rights are more accomplishments.

It's hard to remember every one of them.

Oceander

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2017, 02:25:13 pm »
Pro-life victories, economy, military, law enforcement, business, more jobs. Etc.

I could not look at my daughter, if I knew I aided the left-wing abortion machine killing thousands of babies each week, the Senate has to do their part but Trump and the Senate have done their part.

2nd amendment rights are more accomplishments.

It's hard to remember every one of them.

How about articulating specific facts and exactly how Trump affected them, not simply blowing dog whistles?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2017, 02:25:36 pm »
Unemployment is near 4%; yes, we saw that in the Obama years not.

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/07/21/us-state-unemployment/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2017, 02:26:16 pm »
How about articulating specific facts and exactly how Trump affected them, not simply blowing dog whistles?

I'm not blowing dog whistles, I already said it in previous posts. I don't ask people to repeat themselves.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 02:26:57 pm »
Trump is the Republicans equivalent to Jimmy Carter.  Conservatives did not vote for him.

Bull this conservative voted for him. Neocons like Bush and McCain call themselves conservative but they are not.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2017, 02:27:39 pm »
His results are pretty milquetoast in spite of the GOP having a near total control of the government.

And he isn't just off-the-wall, he's a sniveling, whining coward. And people know that.

Okay, a lot of people are pro-life, they are happy with him. They consider themselves to be social conservatives. Can you answer if you are a social conservative? Yes or no?

Oceander

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2017, 02:27:50 pm »
Unemployment is near 4%; yes, we saw that in the Obama years not.

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/07/21/us-state-unemployment/

The number is largely meaningless, as was demonstrated during the Obama years, and changes for reasons that have nothing to do with Trump. 

Now, explain in detail how it is that Trump has reduced unemployment?  What policies has he implemented that have caused changes in the private economy.

Oceander

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2017, 02:29:03 pm »
I'm not blowing dog whistles, I already said it in previous posts. I don't ask people to repeat themselves.

You are blowing dog whistles.  You cannot articulate what policies Trump has put into place that have increased employment, for example. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2017, 02:29:44 pm »

Obama and the Runaway Train

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB122539802263585317

Noonan in a nutshell.

• Technical
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2017, 02:30:08 pm »
Okay, a lot of people are pro-life, they are happy with him. They consider themselves to be social conservatives. Can you answer if you are a social conservative? Yes or no?

Meh... I'm not a social conservative or liberal, more middle of the road.

Funny how social conservatives can be in favor of a guy who wants to grab women "by the bleep", among other things. That just doesn't make sense to most people I talk to. Or has a press secretary who publicly accuses other cabinet members of wanting to "suck their own cock".

:shrug:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2017, 02:30:51 pm »
Border crossings, down, prosecution of MS13 up; I'd think one would not read the papers to not know these things.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2017, 02:32:47 pm »
Bull this conservative voted for him. Neocons like Bush and McCain call themselves conservative but they are not.

Donny is 10X more Conservative than Bush II ever was. I realize that every time I try to board a plane or try to make a bank transaction.

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2017, 02:34:29 pm »
You cannot articulate what policies Trump has put into place that have increased employment, for example.

True enough @Oceander.  What's driving jobs is the confidence factor.  Businesses believed the President would sign the repeal of Obamacare (true) and that the Republican congress would fulfill their promise to do so (false). 

The inaction of the Republican congress will now throw into doubt tax relief for American businesses.

The ramifications of this will ripple through the economy and a lot of Americans are going to be hurt.

Anger should be directed at three Republican Senators.

@TomSea
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:35:12 pm by Right_in_Virginia »