Author Topic: Senate GOP blocking Trump from all recess appointments  (Read 1972 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Senate GOP blocking Trump from all recess appointments
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 09:57:34 pm »
If I am understanding this situation correctly, the 'establishment' GOP, aka RINO's are going against the leader of their own party.  That doesn't set well with me.  This is not what the people voted for.  IMHO Sessions is one of the 'leakers' and needs to go.

Rump is the leader of the GOP?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 01:29:44 am »
If I am understanding this situation correctly, the 'establishment' GOP, aka RINO's are going against the leader of their own party.  That doesn't set well with me.  This is not what the people voted for.  IMHO Sessions is one of the 'leakers' and needs to go.

Nope, it looks like you aren't understanding that correctly. Congress is saying under their authority in the Constitution, that Congress has 'advise and consent' powers for all nominations and a restricting the Executive branch from going around that authority.

Congress made this point with Obama and our side cheered for it. (link upthread)

It is isn't a political party thing, it is a Constitution thing.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 02:40:35 am »
Nope, it looks like you aren't understanding that correctly. Congress is saying under their authority in the Constitution, that Congress has 'advise and consent' powers for all nominations and a restricting the Executive branch from going around that authority.

Congress made this point with Obama and our side cheered for it. (link upthread)

It is isn't a political party thing, it is a Constitution thing.

Thanks for the clarification.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.