Author Topic: Rolling Stone cover asks why can't Canada PM be US president  (Read 355 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rolling Stone cover asks why can't Canada PM be US president
Published July 26, 2017
Associated Press

TORONTO –  Rolling Stone magazine has put liberal Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on the cover of its latest issue and asks: "Why Can't He Be Our President?"

Perhaps recognizing that only American-born U.S. citizens can become president, the magazine takes a different tack on its website.

There its headline for the article posted Wednesday is: "Justin Trudeau: Is the Canadian Prime Minister the Free World's Best Hope?"

Trudeau is pictured with his shirt sleeves rolled up perched on the edge of a desk.

In the profile, writer Stephen Rodrick outlines stark contrasts between Trudeau's liberal views on health care, marijuana legalization and environmental policies and those voiced by U.S. President Donald Trump.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/26/rolling-stone-cover-asks-why-cant-canada-pm-be-us-president.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Rolling Stone cover asks why can't Canada PM be US president
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 02:08:13 pm »
Considering Canada is circling the drain economically since this loser took office, I can see why the dying Rolling Stone would love him.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 02:14:07 pm »

No thanks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 02:19:51 pm »
Rolling Stone was a decent magazine when it covered rock n roll.   RS went all to hell when it started concentrating on politics instead of music.

A liberal friend of mine was a longtime subscriber to RS.  But after a while, even she couldn't stand the political rhetoric, so she decided not to renew.  For about 2 years afterwards, she was inundated with pleas from RS begging her to subscribe again.  She ultimately was able to get the company to stop flooding her mailbox.  The magazine is desperate for subscribers, but it continues to do what alienated existing subscribers in the first place.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 04:15:51 pm »
Rolling Stone was a decent magazine when it covered rock n roll.   RS went all to hell when it started concentrating on politics instead of music.

A liberal friend of mine was a longtime subscriber to RS.  But after a while, even she couldn't stand the political rhetoric, so she decided not to renew.  For about 2 years afterwards, she was inundated with pleas from RS begging her to subscribe again.  She ultimately was able to get the company to stop flooding her mailbox.  The magazine is desperate for subscribers, but it continues to do what alienated existing subscribers in the first place.
Actually, from its beginning RS and a number of other rock mags like Crawdaddy had leftist political articles. Some I read and most I ignored even though I was more liberal in those days.
Many of the writers were expressly anti-American and pro-Marxist.   And of course the magazine writers and owners expected all rockers to be big time lefties.
Nevertheless,  I wanted to read articles about the musicians I listened to, and those mags were mostly the only ones who wrote about them on a regular basis.
The last time I bought a RS issue was probably more than thirty years ago.   

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 04:19:47 pm »
He's not an American citizen natural born or otherwise.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 04:40:45 pm »
A lot of Canadians are asking the same question.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 04:45:53 pm »
Actually, from its beginning RS and a number of other rock mags like Crawdaddy had leftist political articles. Some I read and most I ignored even though I was more liberal in those days.
Many of the writers were expressly anti-American and pro-Marxist.   And of course the magazine writers and owners expected all rockers to be big time lefties.
Nevertheless,  I wanted to read articles about the musicians I listened to, and those mags were mostly the only ones who wrote about them on a regular basis.
The last time I bought a RS issue was probably more than thirty years ago.

In recent years RS has been almost all politics and very little about music.