Author Topic: Smuggling Deaths: What Is to Blame?  (Read 497 times)

rangerrebew

Smuggling Deaths: What Is to Blame?
« on: July 27, 2017, 11:33:30 am »
Smuggling Deaths: What Is to Blame?

By Mark Krikorian on July 24, 2017

National Review Online, July 24, 2017

In the wake of the death of 10 illegal aliens Sunday in a truck trailer in San Antonio, enforcement opponents were quick to assign blame. The League of United Latin American Citizens e-mailed a statement within hours calling for amnesty as the way to avoid such tragedies: "It also underscores the urgent need for a comprehensive solution to our country's broken immigration system." Rep. Joaquin Castro said "This represents a symptom of a broken immigration system that Congress, of which I am a part, has had the chance to fix but has not." Similarly, ThinkProgress wrote that "Once Trump's border wall is built, more tragic deaths like this could happen."

And they're right.

https://cis.org/Oped/Smuggling-Deaths-What-Blame
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:34:03 am by rangerrebew »

Offline dfwgator

Re: Smuggling Deaths: What Is to Blame?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:20:09 pm »
Start with imposing the Death Penalty for Smugglers.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 12:33:34 pm »
Bottom line: There is no one to blame that can help the Democrat narrative therefore there is no one to blame.  There was a chance of pinning this on Trump but the optics were so inconvenient that it is best to shelve it and wait for a better optic.
What the Democrats need is a white Southern Republican to be responsible.  That helps the narrative that Trump's dangerous immigration reform is leading to the deaths of thousands of Mexicans who are just trying to join their families in America so they can do the needed jobs that Americans won't do.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 03:13:58 pm »
The media chose to run with this story because in their twisted way they can blame it all on those black hearted Republicans.

Stories they choose to ignore include:

• Hundreds of deaths occur each year in sweltering deserts when illegals run out of water
  • Thousands of women and children are raped each year by coyote human smugglers
  • Human sex slavery is a booming business and not just overseas
  • During the Obama Administration cartels such as MS13 thrived within the borders of the U.S.

Seems newsworthy to me.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 10:58:20 pm »
Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.

Reality:
Blame the guy who ushered them into the trailer and closed and locked the doors.
If the driver knew what was inside, blame him, too.