Author Topic: Senate Holds Health-Care Vote -- Live Coverage  (Read 1648 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Senate Holds Health-Care Vote -- Live Coverage
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 07:38:21 pm »
But McCain said he would NOT vote for the REPEAL ONLY bill as presented. Hence no 51 votes. Hence no straight repeal. Hence Obamacare lives on for awhile longer.

It looks like McCain's detractors will be disappointed, yet again. He lives on, and on.

McCain's last words are going to be, "To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 07:41:06 pm »
Fine speech from McCain.  His didn't have trouble speaking as he did in a committee meeting shortly before this surgery.  He says he will be there a few days for his work on the Armed Forces Committee (think that is the one he said), then will go home for treatment.

From the little I heard, he sounded like a man facing his mortality.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 07:49:15 pm »
Forgive me, I am still unclear.  Is this for repeal only?

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 07:59:01 pm »
   Motion to proceed to debate, the bill they are debating is the recently passed House Version, (the 'mean' one) but McConnell has opened up everything to allow Amendments, maybe the Cruz/Lee amendment will be voted on afterall. @Emjay @bilo @RoosGirl
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 08:00:40 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 08:23:15 pm »
McCain's last words are going to be, "To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2017, 08:25:25 pm »
   Motion to proceed to debate, the bill they are debating is the recently passed House Version, (the 'mean' one) but McConnell has opened up everything to allow Amendments, maybe the Cruz/Lee amendment will be voted on afterall. @Emjay @bilo @RoosGirl

@corbe Thank you!

Offline corbe

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2017, 08:30:29 pm »
   YW, Sweetheart
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2017, 09:04:14 pm »

Thanks ... with so many defectors I cannot believe we can get anything passed ... even the Cruz bill but hope springs eternal.

Well, it used to spring but now it just barely leaps.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2017, 02:27:12 pm »
Dr. Ben Carson's criticism of Obamacare what? 5 years ago did a lot to catapult Ben into the political national spotlight. He should be advising in all of this; even if he is currently at Housing. One wonders?