Author Topic: Minneapolis mayoral candidate Raymond Dehn proposes disarming police of guns  (Read 1039 times)

Wingnut

Dehn says the details of his no gun proposal are still in the early stages and he wants to sit down with police officers and come up with a strategy that keeps both the community and law enforcement safe.

I think this asshat should run for mayor of London. 

Offline Applewood

Disarming the police should work out well.

SIGH!   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
BLM would love that. They could really expand the black thuggin' and druggin', lootin' and shootin' culture they push. That and kill some whitey and some po-po.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 06:42:38 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

This guy makes ex MN gov Jesse the body look less nuts.

Offline Just_Victor

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:56:16 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Disarming the police should work out well.

Especially when the police stop showing up at crime scenes because it is too dangerous.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wait a minute...let's not be so quick to throw this out. 

Yes, at first crime will be rampant, but very quickly people will figure out what they should have known for years:  Self-defense is a DIY kind of thing. They will start arming themselves, and training to be ready.  Inside of a few years the level of casualties will start to simmer down, and people will discover cops aren't really good for more than just writing tickets and processing crime scenes anymore, and they won't like the tickets so there will be wholesale layoffs at the cop shops.

Eventually we'd be like it was before we had a standing police army.  I can hear the liberals crying about how we have returned to "Dodge City," but I'd remind them crime was low in Dodge City.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

Yes, at first crime will be rampant, but very quickly people will figure out what they should have known for years:  Self-defense is a DIY kind of thing. They will start arming themselves, and training to be ready.  Inside of a few years the level of casualties will start to simmer down, and people will discover cops aren't really good for more than just writing tickets and processing crime scenes anymore, and they won't like the tickets so there will be wholesale layoffs at the cop shops.

Eventually we'd be like it was before we had a standing police army.  I can hear the liberals crying about how we have returned to "Dodge City," but I'd remind them crime was low in Dodge City.

Well they do say when seconds count, the police are 20 minutes to an hour away.

Offline goatprairie

So when hotrodders start going 80 mph down residential streets are you going to volunteer your time to chase them? How about armed robberies? Settling physical disputes? on and on.
Any city of size needs a trained police force.  That's just the reality of things. Maybe you had your tongue planted in your cheek when you made that comment, but I doubt any decent-sized city can get along without a trained police force.
The one thing they have to stop is AA hires.  Both high profile shootings in the Twin Cities were committed by minority cops.  Yanez might have overreacted but the jury is out.  Noor was clearly incompetent.
Let's stop with these AA hires and make sure we have well-trained police who don't overreact to things.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So when hotrodders start going 80 mph down residential streets are you going to volunteer your time to chase them? How about armed robberies? Settling physical disputes? on and on.
Any city of size needs a trained police force.  That's just the reality of things. Maybe you had your tongue planted in your cheek when you made that comment, but I doubt any decent-sized city can get along without a trained police force.
The one thing they have to stop is AA hires.  Both high profile shootings in the Twin Cities were committed by minority cops.  Yanez might have overreacted but the jury is out.  Noor was clearly incompetent.
Let's stop with these AA hires and make sure we have well-trained police who don't overreact to things.

Ya think, DiNozzo?  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Police don't have the right to self defense?

Wingnut

Ya think, DiNozzo?  :laugh:

Do I have to do everything for you Cyber?

For you @goatprairie

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The muzzies will love it.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline berdie

Note to self...don't go to Minneapolis any time soon.

Offline goatprairie

Do I have to do everything for you Cyber?

For you @goatprairie

Sorry...I've already argued with people on TOS who really believe we don't need cops.  They cited innocent people killed in car crashes during police chases. And  a number of them spoke about their own experiences with snotty cops...of which I've had a little experience as well.
I did the usual "you must be joking" thing too, but they were serious.  In fact, there was/is a lot of out and out anti-police comments on TOS. 
So sorry if I didn't catch your sarcasm.   :thud:

Wingnut

Yeah.  That is your problem.  Please reset your meter.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sorry...I've already argued with people on TOS who really believe we don't need cops.  They cited innocent people killed in car crashes during police chases. And  a number of them spoke about their own experiences with snotty cops...of which I've had a little experience as well.
I did the usual "you must be joking" thing too, but they were serious.  In fact, there was/is a lot of out and out anti-police comments on TOS. 

We're cool, bro!  I was a bit disappointed it took so long for somebody to notice.  :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wingnut wrote:
"I think this asshat should run for mayor of London."

If he wins the democrat/communist nomination, he's got a very good chance of being Minneapolis' next mayor...