Author Topic: Michelle Obama opens up about racism she faced as first lady  (Read 2312 times)

Online dfwgator

Re: Michelle Obama opens up about racism she faced as first lady
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 09:56:27 pm »
Guess what, Michelle.  If you want the world to see you as a black person, that's exactly what they are going to do, as opposed to wanting them to see you as a human being.  Everybody seems to forget that part of MLK's speech where he talked about 'content of character' instead of skin color.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 09:57:09 pm »
Hmm, I didn't think her being called an ape had anything to do with her race.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 09:59:49 pm »
Michelle herself couldn't get past being black.  She had no other sense of herself.
That is quite common, but not universal.

Studies have determined that blacks themselves are among the MOST racist of groups.

I found a cool source, which studies nature and nurture, and opines that "racism" or ethnocentrism, is hard wired by nature and/or nurture into humans.

So I guess I am excusing blacks for being racist. I happen to have liked many blacks one on one, during my life. But as a group, I do not particularly care for them post 60s, when democrat civil rights legislation kicked off their victimhood.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online dfwgator

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 10:06:15 pm »
There's a lot of money to be made in this country by playing the race card.

Offline berdie

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 10:15:12 pm »

That's the bottom line...no pun intended.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 10:35:57 pm »
Black racism is not confined to just White people.

Where Blacks and Latinos live in close proximity, there is conflict.
Where Blacks and Jews live in close proximity, there is conflict.
Where Blacks and Asians live in close proximity, there is conflict.
Where Blacks and Blacks live in close proximity, there is conflict.

If everybody has a problem with you, and you have a problem with everyone else, hmmm Let's think about that for a minute...

Maybe....you're...the...problem? Is that even a remote possibility?

In my opinion, Black people have a problem with themselves. They are projecting onto others inner demons that they are struggling with internally. That is why I say, White people cannot fix Black problems. We can help them, maybe. But ultimately, Black people have to fix themselves before anything can change.

And throwing more money at the issue (the Liberal solution to everything), only makes things worse. It is like putting out a fire with gasoline.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:36:57 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2017, 10:43:34 pm »
Hmm, I didn't think her being called an ape had anything to do with her race.

I have a Hominoidea.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2017, 10:43:58 pm »
Michelle and her old man have made careers out of being racist, while at the same time accusing others of racism.  This is all they know how to do.  Supposedly, both were lawyers.  Yet I don't know how much law they actually practiced.  Too busy being "activists" who set race relations back at least a hundred years.  Two people with ugly hearts.  And that ugliness oozes out of their pores.  No matter how much time, money and effort they put in to make themselves look good, they will always be ugly.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2017, 10:56:31 pm »

"There is (a) class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs -- partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. ... " -- Booker T. Washington

Online dfwgator

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2017, 10:58:59 pm »

If everybody has a problem with you, and you have a problem with everyone else, hmmm Let's think about that for a minute...

In my opinion, Black people have a problem with themselves. They are projecting onto others inner demons that they are struggling with internally. That is why I say, White people cannot fix Black problems. We can help them, maybe. But ultimately, Black people have to fix themselves before anything can change.

And throwing more money at the issue (the Liberal solution to everything), only makes things worse. It is like putting out a fire with gasoline.

You could also substitute 'black' with 'Muslim'.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2017, 11:03:15 pm »

There were many things horribly wrong with the Obama presidency, but the worst thing to happen was Obama's pouring gasoline on the racial fire.
Obama could have been the greatest black influence (no black person listens to white people on race) since Booker T. Washington on other blacks to quit blaming Evil Whitey for their problems and stand on their own two feet.
Instead, in every situation involving a black/white incident Obama blamed the white person, the police (the police acted stupidly), or his own country for the problem. Not once in any of the incidents did he say or imply that the black person involved might have been the guilty party.
So now after eight years of the person who was proclaimed to be the ultimate racial healer, we have a country more divided than ever along racial lines.   Thanks a heap Comrade Barack.  Time to put down the gas can. :peeonobama:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:05:05 pm by goatprairie »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2017, 11:04:41 pm »
I have a Hominoidea.

Hey, that's Speciesism.  For shame!  Now go do a black chick to repent....

(Don't look at me, I took my turn in the barrel years ago.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2017, 11:06:34 pm »
There were many things horribly wrong with the Obama presidency, but the worst thing to happen was Obama's pouring gasoline on the racial fire.
Obama could have been the greatest black influence (no black person listens to white people on race) on other blacks to quit blaming Evil Whitey for their problems and stand on their own two feet.
Instead, in every situation involving a black/white incident Obama blamed the white person, the police, or his own country for the problem. Not once in any of the incidents did he say or imply that the black person involved might have been the guilty party.
So now after eight years of the person who was proclaimed to be the ultimate racial healer, we have a country more divided than ever along racial lines.   Thanks a heap Comrade Barack.  Time to put down the gas can. :peeonobama:

I've been saying this for years:  Obama didn't set race relations back 50 years, he set them back 150 years.  To Reconstruction.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2017, 11:27:40 pm »
Hey, that's Speciesism.  For shame!  Now go do a black chick to repent....

(Don't look at me, I took my turn in the barrel years ago.)

It was just an idea. A Homino one at that.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2017, 11:22:27 am »
Condi Rice took plenty of criticism, and I don't recall her ever playing the race card.  She was proud of her race, her accomplishments and earned every one of them.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2017, 05:01:36 pm »

Don't feed the blacks
By Ken Hamblin - "The Black Avenger"

A recent tour through New York's black ghettos has chiseled a deep and profound resentment into my soul about the underclass's passive submission toward its impoverished quarantine in that city.

Weeks later, I am still reeling from the rubbish, the grimness and the failure of black people who, instead of being accountable for themselves, seem resolved to becoming little more than welfare pets.

...    it seems to me the only logical explanation for the continued industrial, moral and human decay among the black underclass is that - like native Americans who subsist on the kindness of federal agencies - poor blacks risk being managed to death by a benign federal social agenda.
Is the American liberal agenda capable of rescuing the black underclass to death? While it may not be fashionable to think it - much less say it - I believe the facts speak for themselves.

Full article (originally published 20 years ago!) -
https://web.archive.org/web/20021028233124/http://www.hamblin.com:80/articles/feed.html
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online dfwgator

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2017, 05:02:36 pm »
Condi Rice took plenty of criticism, and I don't recall her ever playing the race card.  She was proud of her race, her accomplishments and earned every one of them.

What race?    Human?   

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 05:19:00 pm »
Don't feed the blacks
By Ken Hamblin - "The Black Avenger"

A recent tour through New York's black ghettos has chiseled a deep and profound resentment into my soul about the underclass's passive submission toward its impoverished quarantine in that city.

Weeks later, I am still reeling from the rubbish, the grimness and the failure of black people who, instead of being accountable for themselves, seem resolved to becoming little more than welfare pets.

...    it seems to me the only logical explanation for the continued industrial, moral and human decay among the black underclass is that - like native Americans who subsist on the kindness of federal agencies - poor blacks risk being managed to death by a benign federal social agenda.
Is the American liberal agenda capable of rescuing the black underclass to death? While it may not be fashionable to think it - much less say it - I believe the facts speak for themselves.

Full article (originally published 20 years ago!) -
https://web.archive.org/web/20021028233124/http://www.hamblin.com:80/articles/feed.html
Interesting he mentions the "black underclass." Any white talking about the BU is labeled a racist and any black person is told to shut up.
But the seemingly intractable problems with the BU go on year after year without anybody wanting to do anything about it except keep the gravy train (welfare) going and blame their problems on Evil Whitey.
At what point do we say enough is enough?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2017, 06:16:57 pm »
The left was completly silent when all kinds of racial epitaphs were being hurled at Dr Rice and Gen Powell.

Don't remember there being any outrage from the black community or social justice warriors at the cartoons Ted Rall was drawing.

Shut up Michelle. And please just go away.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!