Author Topic: Mr. President, Please Be Quiet  (Read 211 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Mr. President, Please Be Quiet
« on: July 26, 2017, 06:11:37 pm »
By Charles C.W. Cooke
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/449845/please-be-quiet-mr-president

Once again, Donald Trump has tweeted himself into the center of the day’s news. He does this almost every
morning — even, perhaps especially, when he has nothing new to say. Upon seeing today’s efforts, I sighed and
muttered “there goes Wednesday.” This is my increasingly frequent response.

Irrespective of the position being advanced, this habit is destructive in a free society, and those who hope for a more
limited government should be appalled. Trump is the president, and he can speak as he wishes; he enjoys the same
First Amendment protections as I do, and I would never wish to limit them by law. Nevertheless, I do wish that, just
once, he’d just shut the hell up — not because the law compels him to, but because he has some understanding of
the extent to which his behavior is crowding out civil society and making us all accessories to his ego. Calvin Coolidge
was a great president not solely because he sought to limit the federal state, but because he did not feel a need to
inject himself into the nation’s consciousness every single day. Donald Trump is the least Coolidge-like president we
have ever had. Compared to him, Barack Obama looks like a Carthusian monk . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Mr. President, Please Be Quiet
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:18:00 pm »
Upon seeing today’s efforts, I sighed and muttered “there goes Wednesday.”

:silly:

I wake up every morning and think to myself.....