Author Topic: POTUS SLAMS SESSIONS AGAIN: He Endorsed Me Because of Big Crowds, Not Loyalty  (Read 18585 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
My old man textvmessaged me yesterday to tell me Rush said that Cruz was being considered for AG by Trump.  I responded to him:

"Lyin' Ted for AG... you know the guy that is a Canadian, whose father assassinated JFK, and has an ugly Goldman Sachs employee wife? That Ted Cruz...for AG?

Yeah, right."

Yeah right, is Ted's campaign going to lie about what Marco Rubio said about the Bible or will he swear on it. Yeah, right.

Offline rodamala

Yeah right, is Ted's campaign going to lie about what Marco Rubio said about the Bible or will he swear on it. Yeah, right.

Pound sand, Trumpbot.

Offline TomSea

Rush has a record of conservatism, tear it down all one wants. He's posted on radio shows here. Cruz has been on his show and Rush gave Cruz strong backing. When folks are out criticizing a strong backer of the military, border security, American values, pro-life as Trump is....

It's not Rush's or Trump's conservatism I wonder about.

Offline TomSea

Pound sand, Trumpbot.

What an exquisite answer, you were loving dishing it out, can't take it?  :silly:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Rush has a record of conservatism, tear it down all one wants. He's posted on radio shows here. Cruz has been on his show and Rush gave Cruz strong backing. When folks are out criticizing a strong backer of the military, border security, American values, pro-life as Trump is....

Exactly, @TomSea !
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goatprairie

It's fine but last I listened to Rush he spent half his time hacking these products. I have no problem with him selling extra stuff, but does he need to spend listener time promoting this stuff? Doesn't he have enough money?

Point is moot because now with him pushing Trump I no longer listen.
Since she retired last year the wife has become a big fan of Rush.  She actually likes Trump (groan) and overlooked all his sexist remarks. She doesn't overlook examples of sexist behavior from other pols or candidates, but she did for The Donald.
 I'm not quite the Rush fan I used to be after his unabashed support for The Orange One, but now I'm forced to listen.
But even before Trump came along disrupting things I noticed Limbaugh was increasing the ad time on his programs.  His last half hour is basically one huge ad with a little political talk here and there.
In the old days after the local news and ads were finished at about 25 minutes to the hour, Rush would start in on his topics.  Now he might have a three or four minute ad right after the local news which means he won't start babbling about news topics until twenty minutes to the hour.
Hannity is worse, but I don't bother with him anymore after his disgraceful Trump a**-kissing during the campaign.
So when these clowns yammer about giving three hours of news every day, it's more like an hour and one half.

Offline TomSea

And how do we know the alleged Cruz supporters really support him or it's not a ploy? Time and again, we see some who don't agree with what Cruz says.  Speaking of ploys, could be one. Some things said like that per SPLC sounds more like something one hears at the DU; or else speaking about some president from almost 100 years ago,

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's fine but last I listened to Rush he spent half his time hacking these products. I have no problem with him selling extra stuff, but does he need to spend listener time promoting this stuff? Doesn't he have enough money?

Point is moot because now with him pushing Trump I no longer listen.

I grew an instant dislike to the "live" commercials that are designed to look like regular discussion.  I felt "fooled."  Now I just punch over to Sirius XM for the drive home
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

It appears that you don't truly listen to Rush's own words: he has said many times that his first priority is growing his audience so that he can charge confiscatory rates for advertising. He has learned his audience is dominated by Ever-Trumpers, and has adjusted his show accordingly.

I'll give a guy a break for being divorced once, not 3 or more. IMO your moral authority is gone when you've been through multiple divorces.

After his marriage to Marta, one would have thought he was wise to women attracted to his wallet, first and foremost.

My economics professor in college often asked female students: "what do you look for in a man? You look at his pocketbook, yes yes!"

He could get away with that in 1975, plus he was 80 YO. Dr. Erwin Graue, a brilliant economist and professor. He didn't suffer fools, Lord help you if you didn't have the right answer. He was my advisor for two years, and my macroeconomics professor for a semester. There was nowhere to hide, the class had five students.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:39:14 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

I grew an instant dislike to the "live" commercials that are designed to look like regular discussion.  I felt "fooled."  Now I just punch over to Sirius XM for the drive home

Hugh Hewitt wastes five minutes an hour on that stupid supplement he hawks.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline TomSea

I'd support whatever GOP candidate they served up.

If Scott Walker had been nominated, I'd say great record but some would fuss on what he has said about immigration.

You can fuss about any of these candidates.

I think McCain was the only bad candidate the GOP has nominated in my lifetime and that is because he is such a hawk.

Bush was a good candidate, as for president, I'm not going to be critical here. Rush isn't either. He tends to support the party within reason. He's unhappy with some budgets passed and blames the Republican party when that happens. So, he doesn't give them a free ride.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Personally I think we'd benefit from fewer people trying to dictate the content of other members' posts.

Amend your statement to read:  Personally I think we'd benefit from fewer people trying to dictate the content of and assigning motive and applying judgment to other members posts --- and I would agree.

@CatherineofAragon

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Rush HAD an unblemished record of Conservatism right up to the point he sold out to Donny.

He completely de legitimized himself in one fell swoop with his sell out.

As for whose conservatism you now question....it had better be your own.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Amend your statement to read:  Personally I think we'd benefit from fewer people trying to dictate the content of and assigning motive and applying judgment to other members posts --- and I would agree.

@CatherineofAragon

There you go being all passive aggressive again.  *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It appears that you don't truly listen to Rush's own words: he has said many times that his first priority is growing his audience so that he can charge confiscatory rates for advertising. He has learned his audience is dominated by Ever-Trumpers, and has adjusted his show accordingly.

I'll give a guy a break for being divorced once, not 3 or more. IMO your moral authority is gone when you've been through multiple divorces.

Sheesh...even a hitter gets three chances.  Pitcher gets six.

You were born in the wrong century, @Night Hides Not

But, you deflect.   Rush is an entertainer turned Sage for Conservatism.  While his last hour is too heavily loaded with ads, the MSM uses him for their headlines/sources daily.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Rush HAD an unblemished record of Conservatism right up to the point he sold out to Donny.

Yeah, I can't listen to Prager any more either.  I can't believe he sold his integrity like that.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

He lost me permanently when a woman called into his show during the primary to scold him about being so obviously in the corner for Trump and said that if Trump was the nominee she couldn't vote for him. He replied that she would be voting for Hillary if she didn't vote for Trump if he was the nominee.

That is when he lost any Conservative authority with me and I canceled my 24/7 and stopped listening to his show altogether.

I've actually turned them all off.  Levin was the last one I held out listening to. 

No point listening to those who only pay lip service to what they preach.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
He lost me permanently when a woman called into his show during the primary to scold him about being so obviously in the corner for Trump and said that if Trump was the nominee she couldn't vote for him. He replied that she would be voting for Hillary if she didn't vote for Trump if he was the nominee.

That is when he lost any Conservative authority with me and I canceled my 24/7 and stopped listening to his show altogether.

I've actually turned them all off.  Levin was the last one I held out listening to. 

Words to live by.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There you go being all passive aggressive again. 

Oh, okay @txradioguy .... After posting this 3,000 times you've finally convinced me. My bad.  My terribly, terribly bad.  I shall here and now surrender myself to your insightful brilliance and begin a month of penance and fasting begging forgiveness and giving thanks to the Lord for placing you in my path.   

Thank you.  Truly, thank you for never giving up on me.  034

Offline roamer_1

Me too.

Oh, you mean 'Republican'. I get it.

Oceander

Oh, okay @txradioguy .... After posting this 3,000 times you've finally convinced me. My bad.  My terribly, terribly bad.  I shall here and now surrender myself to your insightful brilliance and begin a month of penance and fasting begging forgiveness and giving thanks to the Lord for placing you in my path.   

Thank you.  Truly, thank you for never giving up on me.  034

Nice example of passive-aggressive. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Pretty much textbook.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

At this point I don't even think she realizes she's doing it.

Offline NavyCanDo

I listened to Rush ever since he came on the air up here in the NW, And I have never heard him endorse a candidate....always committing himself to hold the candidates whoever it is,  feet to the fire and to his promises.  Staying the objective one, which I respected...even when the candidate was a favorite of mine. This election he jumped head first onto the Trump wagon, and like Hannity cannot say a critical word about Trump. I lost respect for him, and stopped listening.   Michael Medved is the only one I listen to today.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Suppressed

Yeah, I can't listen to Prager any more either.  I can't believe he sold his integrity like that.

To me, Prager was the biggest disappointment.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn