Author Topic: POTUS SLAMS SESSIONS AGAIN: He Endorsed Me Because of Big Crowds, Not Loyalty  (Read 18534 times)

Offline Suppressed

He was a wise man.

I gotta remember that one for future use.

Of course, some are proud to be vulgar.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rivergirl

Nixon won the silent majority.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nixon won the silent majority.

Until he lost it. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

IMHO...it isn't appropriate for a "boss" to call out somebody in front of the entire office. This supersedes that. He is calling out this man in front of the nation with the willing assistance of the media.

No, I didn't agree with Session's stance on civil forfeiture. As far as his recusal...I don't know enough about the law to know why he did it. I suspect Trump doesn't either. I fear he is just having a "spell" because his family (and him) are under the gun.

Once again, IMHO, since he claims to be a business man...he should conduct himself in that manner.

I really do want for Trump to do well. It's in the best interest of the country. But he shoots himself in the foot with Twitter. The times I think things might be o.k. is when he isn't tweeting.

Sessions and everybody else dumped by this administration could come out smelling like roses in the end.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
IMHO...it isn't appropriate for a "boss" to call out somebody in front of the entire office. This supersedes that. He is calling out this man in front of the nation with the willing assistance of the media.

Once again, IMHO, since he claims to be a business man...he should conduct himself in that manner.

EXACTLY!

From Cavuto's show this afternoon:
It’s pretty undignified for the president to be going out and publicly shaming his attorney general. If you have an issue with the attorney general, you bring him in behind closed doors and you try to get on the same sheet of music, but right now what you’re doing is you’re undermining his ability and his authority to carry out what is supposed to be the #1, the chief law enforcement officer of the United States of America. (Lt. Col. Allen West)

You and Col. West have stated it perfectly, and FWIW, I'm in full agreement.

I really do want for Trump to do well. It's in the best interest of the country. But he shoots himself in the foot with Twitter. The times I think things might be o.k. is when he isn't tweeting.

I also agree with this except that I'd add one thing: ...he shoots himself and us in the foot with Twitter....

His lack of decorum doesn't just effect him. It effects all of us. The whole world is watching.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

They would be wise to listen to ol' Ralph...

When I first saw this I thought, "Quick! Someone send this to Trump!" But then I read your subsequent post about people who are proud to be vulgar and decided, "Never mind."  **nononono* (looooooooong sigh)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
"The louder he spoke of his honor the faster we counted our spoons" ... that's an Emerson quote that reminds me of trump.

Offline roamer_1

As far as his recusal...I don't know enough about the law to know why he did it. I suspect Trump doesn't either.

@berdie
The purpose for recusal is to eliminate oneself (or another) from participating in a trial or investigation where one may have (or appear to have) a bias or conflict of interest.

Since Sessions was undeniably and incrementally participant in Trump's election, his self-recusal is not only justified, but honorable. Had he remained, the investigation would have been branded as unjust and skewed in Trump's favor - And the weight of that would have fallen upon Sessions himself.

The reason for recusal is so clear, and so apparent, that those who accuse him because of it are obviously either Republican or Trump sycophants. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
@berdie
The purpose for recusal is to eliminate oneself (or another) from participating in a trial or investigation where one may have (or appear to have) a bias or conflict of interest.

Since Sessions was undeniably and incrementally participant in Trump's election, his self-recusal is not only justified, but honorable. Had he remained, the investigation would have been branded as unjust and skewed in Trump's favor - And the weight of that would have fallen upon Sessions himself.

The reason for recusal is so clear, and so apparent, that those who accuse him because of it are obviously either Republican or Trump sycophants.

Beautifully put. And I will add a few things:

1) sessions is wrong on drugs and caf. That doesn't make him a bad guy
2) not a single leftist or memb r of the media gave him any credit for doing the right thing.

Offline roamer_1

2) not a single leftist or memb r of the media gave him any credit for doing the right thing.

AGREED. And lest anyone think me otherwise, I am not particularly fond of Sessions. But in this instance, he did exactly the right thing, for exactly the right reason.

Offline goatprairie

"not a single leftist or member of the media gave him any credit for doing the right thing."

No amount of trying to appease liberals works.  It does not matter if the economy booms, people get better jobs, medical care improves, etc.....nothing Republicans do ever satisfies liberals.   Unless, of course, they give in to everything libs want.
To liberals, Sessions is simply an evil person who might not have done an evil thing.  Bush II tried to appease libs to get support for the war by passing their bills. In the end he was still Bushhitler to libs.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/07/26/whats-really-going-on-with-sessions/

This should be on the main board today, imho.

Rush threads are buried and don't even show up on the front page's latest posts.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

Rush threads are buried and don't even show up on the front page's latest posts.

I couldn't care less about Rush's opinion on anything.

Offline berdie

@berdie

Thank you, @roamer_1 . As I have said before...I would be a good legislator...but a crappy politician. I fear I just wouldn't have a clue what was happening.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Because most of us here no longer listen to or consider him to be anything more than a Trump Cheerleader who abandoned his Conservative credentials to be seen as part of Trump's inner circle. 

We no longer consider his opinions to be worth considering as far as Conservatism goes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

I couldn't care less about Rush's opinion on anything.

So?    Who the hell cares what you think of Rush?

It's pertinent to the topic and, well he's right 99.8% of the time.

Twenty-five years plus, with 27 MILLION listeners and growing.

Just because you got a hard-on for his not endorsing Ted Cruz..... :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Because most of us here no longer listen to or consider him to be anything more than a Trump Cheerleader who abandoned his Conservative credentials to be seen as part of Trump's inner circle. 

We no longer consider his opinions to be worth considering as far as Conservatism goes.

BFD!   Speak for yourself and not for everybody.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Speak for yourself and not for everybody.

You were the one bitching that Limbaugh's threads are 'buried' and don't even show up on the front page.

Roamer and I explained why.

As usual, you ignore the why.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

Well, you do - that's why you were admonishing in your statement as to why he is getting scrolled down (with hardly a view even).

Yeahrightwhatever. I hit 'oh hell no' with him pimping McCain't. Went from an every-day listener to zero in about a month. So not only do I not know what he said about Cruz or Trump, as I said, I couldn't care less... For years and years.

And I ain't the only one.

Offline roamer_1

Thank you, @roamer_1 . As I have said before...I would be a good legislator...but a crappy politician. I fear I just wouldn't have a clue what was happening.

I think you'd do just fine. Probably better than the ones that are there.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/07/26/whats-really-going-on-with-sessions/

This should be on the main board today, imho.

No one is stopping you from posting it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And why exactly should we care what YOU think with a crap attitude like you're displaying?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
And why exactly should we care what YOU think with a crap attitude like you're displaying?

Now why would you post that..just to stir up shit again?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AllThatJazzZ

Just because you got a hard-on for his not endorsing Ted Cruz conservatism ..... :whistle:

I will give him credit for at least being honest about his departure from conservatism. After decades, he has changed the name of his "institute" from "The Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies" to "The Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Anti-Leftist Studies." Even so, it's tragic and infuriating to listen to him twist himself into a pretzel to accommodate all of Trumps shenanigans. I'm sure in doing so he picked up a number of new listeners, which is good for him because he needed to replace those of us he betrayed when he went squishy on conservatism.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Now why would you post that..just to stir up shit again?

Well he's saying that to a member expressing his opinion on Rush...seems fair to ask him the same question about his whinging.  :shrug: