Author Topic: Scaramucci Terminates Suspected Leaker Michael Short from White House  (Read 977 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Scaramucci Terminates Suspected Leaker Michael Short from White House
Breitbart, Jul 25, 2017

Suspected leaker Michael Short has been terminated from the White House communications office, Breitbart News can confirm.

Short, an ally of White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and now former Press Secretary Sean Spicer—who resigned last week—was terminated on Tuesday by new White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci.

Short originally worked for the Trump campaign—placed on it by Priebus—and quit the campaign, sources tell Breitbart News, after the Access Hollywood tape came out. Politico confirmed this report, noting that Short walked out in the middle of the campaign leaving his computer behind only to show back up in January at the behest of the Republican National Committee (RNC) allies in the White House.

“He was scorned by many of his colleagues for quitting the Trump campaign, only to rejoin as a White House staffer because of Priebus,”

Multiple White House sources confirm to Breitbart News that Short was a leaker, and worked closely with now former White House deputy chief of staff Katie Walsh—another RNC wing official who was terminated earlier this year for her own leaking.

Short has not responded to a request for comment on the questions about his leaking. But he did tell CNN he does not believe he has been fired, even though multiple White House sources confirm he has been.

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/25/scaramucci-terminates-suspected-leaker-michael-short-from-white-house/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Whoever the leak is, they need to find and deal with it now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

Looks like Priebus will have to leak information on his own now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

Suspected leaker Michael Short has been terminated from the White House communications office....

Sounds ominous.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I saw this guy's face on Maria Bartiromo on FBN this morning.  He sure got on TV pretty fast after the sacking.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online andy58-in-nh

Multiple unnamed "White House sources confirmed to Breitbart".... oh, that's just too rich.

Leaks are baaaaad... except when they are designed to help The Orangenius.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

HonestJohn

Multiple unnamed "White House sources confirmed to Breitbart".... oh, that's just too rich.

Leaks are baaaaad... except when they are designed to help The Orangenius.

Guess they got the wrong person.  Which means he might have a justifiable reason for a lawsuit.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:47:27 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Guess they got the wrong person.  Which means he might have a justifiable reason for a lawsuit.

Depends on the wording of the termination letter but probably not.  All of those positions are at the will of the people over them.   

They need to stop the leaks, period.   Preferably with someone going to jail.   Detailed transcripts of the Presidents phone calls with foreign leaders have been leaked.  Thats not something to joke about.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

Suspected leaker Michael Short has been terminated from the White House communications office....

Sounds ominous.

Barney Fife surplus uniforms?  Wonder who got the bullet from Andy.

Oceander

Who says they got the wrong person?  As far as a lawsuit?  Doubt it highly.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Scaramucci Terminates Suspected Leaker Michael Short from White House
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 07:27:07 pm »

Aren't we supposed to automatically declare anything from 'unnamed Sources' to be FAKE NEWS?

I guess only when it's critical of Trump?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 07:42:53 pm »
Barney Fife surplus uniforms?  Wonder who got the bullet from Andy.

Guatemala. 

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 07:59:43 pm »
Aren't we supposed to automatically declare anything from 'unnamed Sources' to be FAKE NEWS?

I guess only when it's critical of Trump?
That's precisely what made me chuckle.

It's bad enough that America suffers from a fake Leftist media. The Right's answer shouldn't be to create one of its own.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 08:31:30 pm »
That's precisely what made me chuckle.

It's bad enough that America suffers from a fake Leftist media. The Right's answer shouldn't be to create one of its own.

Not having to name sources is one of the purely American things that has given us freedom of the press.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 08:59:57 pm »
Mooch: Snitch, Get Out The Way!

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/25/mooch-snitch-get-out-the-way/

White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci is dead set on ridding 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. of leakers, even if that means he has to “fire everybody.”

The newly-minted White House aide joins an administration plagued by leaks. He told The Washington Post Tuesday, “I’m going to fire everybody, that’s how I’m going to do it. You’re either going to stop leaking or you’re going to get fired.”

Politico and Breitbart both reported that Scaramucci had already dismissed assistant press secretary Michael Short as part of the move against leakers. Short is an ally of White House chief of staff Reince Priebus from his days at the Republican National Committee. Short told CNN after the news broke, “No one has told me anything and the entire premise is false.”

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 09:04:40 pm »
Not having to name sources is one of the purely American things that has given us freedom of the press.

Oh, I have no problem with using confidential sources. None at all.

I do have a problem with news organizations that make stuff up and attribute it to "unnamed sources".

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 10:48:33 pm »
The firing went like the last 45 seconds of this scene.......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JKDgjLf_rk4
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.