Author Topic: Drinking coffee reduces risk of death from all causes, study finds  (Read 665 times)

rangerrebew

Drinking coffee reduces risk of death from all causes, study finds
July 10, 2017

People who drink around three cups of coffee a day may live longer than non-coffee drinkers, a landmark study has found.

The findings come from the largest study of its kind, in which scientists analysed data from more than half a million people across 10 European countries, including the UK, to explore the effect of coffee consumption on risk of mortality.

Researchers from the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) and Imperial College London found that higher levels of coffee consumption were associated with a reduced risk of death from all causes, particularly from circulatory diseases and diseases related to the digestive tract.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-07-coffee-death_1.html
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:42:21 am by rangerrebew »

Online DB

Re: Drinking coffee reduces risk of death from all causes, study finds
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:02:15 am »
Does frappuccino coffee count?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 11:16:33 am »
The title cracks me up. As far as I know the risk of death for everyone born comes out to be 100%.

Not to be maudlin, no one knows their time nor place given natural causes, and some live longer than others, but sooner or later, we'll all go there. I drink coffee (trying to cut back, down to two pots a day), and I hope it delays things, but when He wants me, I'll be in no position to argue.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 12:48:21 pm »
My drinking coffee reduces my husband's risk of death from trying to make conversation with me in the mornings.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 12:54:28 pm »
My drinking coffee reduces my husband's risk of death from trying to make conversation with me in the mornings.

:silly: LOL!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 01:12:52 pm »

My drinking coffee reduces my chance of being killed for not listening.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 01:36:02 pm »
My drinking coffee reduces my chance of being killed for not listening.

Perfect!  It's a win-win!
 ^-^
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »

When we travel and enter a restaurant for breakfast, my husband always says to the wait staff, "Quick, give her coffee.  The life you save may be my own." 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 04:24:49 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 04:25:50 pm »

@Polly Ticks

:rolling:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 08:25:02 pm »
Coffee, it fights for you!

And a little doggy secret