Author Topic: What single-payer looks like, up close and personal  (Read 285 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What single-payer looks like, up close and personal
« on: July 25, 2017, 01:00:53 am »
July 24, 2017
What single-payer looks like, up close and personal
By Jack Hellner

My wife and I took my 91-year-old mom to the emergency room yesterday because she had a bad pain in her back and said she now needed 24-hour care.  After ten hours waiting, she was finally admitted.

As I heard her continuous, continuous screaming and crying, when her blood pressure went to 220/130, at which point she asked God to help her and that it was time to go, and as she had two morphine shots, other pain relievers, and finally a muscle relaxer, I learned that none of that would allow her to be admitted under Medicare.

A C.T. scan showed that in a fall, she had caused an acute fracture in a vertebrae.  She had literally broken her back.  The same bureaucracy was at work when I was told that this alone would also not be accepted as a legitimate cause for a stay at the hospital, according to Medicare.  You see, a broken back, according to the bureaucrats at the government, merits only observation, not admittance, because three days in the hospital might cause Medicare to have to pay for 20 days of acute nursing home treatment.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/07/what_singlepayer_looks_like_up_close_and_personal.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mom MD

Re: What single-payer looks like, up close and personal
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 01:26:59 am »
It depends on what else is going on  With that blood pressure I could justify inpatient status.  An experienced doc can sometimes make the difference between obs and admission
God is still in control

Offline rodamala

Re: What single-payer looks like, up close and personal
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 05:49:46 am »
Step on a crack, break your Mama's back, Jack.