Author Topic: Schiff Wonders If 'Russians May Have Laundered Money Through the Trump Organization'  (Read 818 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Susan Jones | July 24, 2017 | 6:41 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) – President Trump told The New York Times last week that Special Counsel Robert Mueller would be crossing a line if he were to investigate Trump's finances and those of his family.

On Sunday, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the ranking member of the House intelligence committee was asked for his reaction to those comments.

Well, I had a couple of impressions,” Schiff told CBS's "Face the Nation." “First, the president is clearly worried that Bob Mueller is going to be looking into allegations, for example, that the Russians may have laundered money through the Trump Organization.

That is really something, in my opinion, he needs to look at because what concerns me the most is, anything that could be held over the president's head that could influence U.S. policy, that would be among the most powerful form of compromise. So I think it is something he needs to look at.

It's something plainly the president is very concerned about, but clearly within the scope of Bob Mueller's investigation.

more
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/schiff-wonders-if-russians-may-have-laundered-money-through-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

This is truly absurd.  Why would a foreign entity have the need to launder dollars?  They can do anything they want to do with dollars on foreign soil.

And besides that, a heavily scrutinized and regulated political campaign fund would be the worst possible place to launder money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Schiff Wonders Floats A New Trial Balloon Narrative If 'Russians May Have Laundered Money Through the Trump Organization
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

This is truly absurd.  Why would a foreign entity have the need to launder dollars?  They can do anything they want to do with dollars on foreign soil.

And besides that, a heavily scrutinized and regulated political campaign fund would be the worst possible place to launder money.

Foreign powers that obtain dollars from criminal activities will launder that money.  And the question is not in regards to Trump's campaign but to his business organization.

That being said, I think this is a very uncalled for smear from Schiff.  Unless he knows something that would make it not a smear.   

Offline dfwgator

I wonder if monkeys fly out of Schiff's butt.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I think this is a very uncalled for smear from Schiff.  Unless he knows something that would make it not a smear.
I doubt that, but that doesn't mean he won't pretend to know something totally bogus. Schiff is no stranger to attention-seeking.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If any organization would have assisted the Russians in that, it would have been their good friends in the Clinton Foundation.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

Foreign powers that obtain dollars from criminal activities will launder that money.

Foreign powers have diplomatic immunity.  The proceeds from criminal enterprises the Russian government is involved with could be loaded into a suitcase and flown back to Russia by any diplomat.

And once again, conspicuously absent from this latest conspiracy is any identification of the foreign criminal enterprise.  This is beyond a witch hunt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline ConservativeGranny

On the contrary, it is well known that Russians have used real estate to launder money especially in NY. There have been court cases. I have long suspected that the Trumps may be involved in some way but it is just a gut feeling at this point. However there is this story today about Kushner. It would not be a stretch to suspect that some of this money may have made it to Trump's "self-funded" campaign.

"Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Donald Trump, who acts as his senior White House adviser, secured a multimillion-dollar Manhattan real estate deal with a Soviet-born oligarch whose company was cited in a major New York money laundering case now being investigated by members of Congress."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/24/jared-kushner-new-york-russia-money-laundering

There are good reasons why Mueller is interested in the family's finances.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

If any organization would have assisted the Russians in that, it would have been their good friends in the Clinton Foundation.

I don't know about that.  When you give money to a launderer, you get some back.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I am certain that the Clinton Foundation was laundering all kinds of things in their pay-for-play business model to the Syrians, the Russians, the Iranians, the Chinese, the Norks and whomever else they could gather for "partners".

I'm sure Schiff was completely silent on those laundering's.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ConservativeGranny

Here is more information.

"The federal government will continue investigating whether foreign buyers are using high-end U.S. real estate to launder money after an expanded investigation found that potentially illicit activity is behind as many as one in three cash purchases from foreign buyers in select markets."

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/39323-us-to-continue-investigating-money-laundering-by-foreign-real-estate-buyers

Also from the same article:

"In Manhattan, for instance, title insurance companies will be required to reveal the individual behind a cash transaction on all sales of $3 million and above"

http://www.corporatecomplianceinsights.com/money-laundering-schemes-in-real-estate/

Kushner's deal for the several floors in the old NYT building was $295M. One method of using real estate to  money launder entails purchasing a property with a cash payment and afterwards taking out a loan. Kushner took out a loan with the Deutsch Bank for $295M after purchasing the property. The Deutsch bank is also part of the investigation and has been involved in other Russian money laundering scandals. Duetsch bank has finally agreed to provide information on these loans but they have asked for more time and have not been all that cooperative.

The bank, which is the largest bank in Germany, has also been fined $630M for organizing something called  "mirror trading". How this works is that stocks, for example Russian stocks, are purchased using Russian currency. Then the stocks are sold for the identical value in US dollars. They are purchased for a client and resold to a related person.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/05/deutsche-bank-asks-for-more-time-for-us-query-on-trump-russia-source.html

The bank has also loaned Trump a lot of money when no one else would. These loans are being scrutinized by the Mueller investigation. Here is an article explaining why these loans are suspect. The bank also has strong ties to Russia.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/donald-trump-deutsche-bank-russia

While non of these connections proves anything they do raise substantial suspicion especially when put together with other known facts. I believe enough that to NOT investigate would be wrong and do a disservice to the American people. Trump wanted this job. It is his own fault that he has these suspicions cast upon him. I did not think he was a trustworthy businessman before he ran for POTUS and I believe more firmly in that today.

Before anyone automatically thinks that Trump isn't guilty and this is one big conspiracy against him they need to have all of the facts that give rise to suspicion as to Trump and Russian connections. As one article mentioned, it is not that Trump owed the money but it is to whom he  owed it that is of concern when it comes to who may have influence over him. To ignore these things is to be willfully blind because of political reasons and has nothing to do with wanting to MAGA and everything to do with clearing out the swamp that is DC. Even if that includes a POTUS with an "R" after his name. I don't care that Hillary has done XYor Z. I wish she was behind bars too but that is not under my control. We will never have an honest government unless we get rid of the swamp critters whether they have a "D" or an "R" after their name. Morality isn't qualified that way and our founders told us that this Republic would only work if we elect honest and moral men and women to represent us.

Offline corbe

Very insightful post @ConservativeGranny Thanks for sharing
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.