Author Topic: Trump considers Rudy Giuliani for attorney general: Report  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump considers Rudy Giuliani for attorney general: Report
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 07:40:26 pm »
LOL

I think the people around Trump are starting to recognize just how toxic he is.

Rudy Giuliani is from NY.  He knew full well how toxic Trump is.  He just plays the game. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 08:00:06 pm »
Sessions did exactly what a competent AG should have done.  The AG is not the president's personal attack dog.

:amen:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2017, 08:03:07 pm »
Trump considers Rudy Giuliani for attorney general: Report
by Melissa Quinn | Jul 24, 2017, 10:14 AM

President Trump is reportedly considering the idea of nominating Rudy Giuliani, former mayor of New York City and an ardent Trump defender, to serve as attorney general.

Axios reported Monday Trump is exploring the possibility of tapping Giuliani, and the news comes days after the president has publicly expressed frustration with the current attorney general, Jeff Sessions.

In a wide-ranging interview with the New York Times last week, Trump said he was angry with Sessions for recusing himself from the investigation into ties between Trump campaign officials from Russia.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-considers-rudy-giuliani-for-attorney-general-report/article/2629475

Er, excuse me.... isn't it poor form to interview while you still have someone in the position?

Guess Jeff better pack.  I hope he stays and makes Trump fire him though.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 08:09:47 pm »
Stop it with Deep State crap.  That is the type of crap is spread by Alex Jones and his ilk

There is, unfortunately, a group of career civil servants that attempt to thwart agendas with leaks  answer version. Then, someone like Jones comes along and gives it a sinister name, preventing people from taking it seriously.  The left has a similar problem in Antifa for calling everything they disagree with fascist. The word ceases to lose meaning.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 09:14:55 pm »

Not fan Sessions, but I want someone who is neutral as an Attorney General and I don't think that Rudy will be.
Do you think anyone who looked like this could be impartial?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 09:34:28 pm »
Trump considers Rudy Giuliani for attorney general: Report
by Melissa Quinn | Jul 24, 2017, 10:14 AM

President Trump is reportedly considering the idea of nominating Rudy Giuliani, former mayor of New York City and an ardent Trump defender, to serve as attorney general.

Axios reported Monday Trump is exploring the possibility of tapping Giuliani, and the news comes days after the president has publicly expressed frustration with the current attorney general, Jeff Sessions.

Appointing Giuliani would not do anything to reduce the "collusion with Russia" hype:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/donald-trump-cabinet-rudy-giuliani.html

Rudolph Giuliani’s Business Ties Viewed as Red Flag for Secretary of State Job
   By MARK LANDLER, ERIC LIPTON and JO BECKER   NOV. 15, 2016

But Mr. Giuliani’s business ties are a major red flag. He built a lucrative consulting and speechmaking career after leaving City Hall. His firm, Giuliani Partners, has had contracts with the government of Qatar and the Canadian company that is building the Keystone XL oil pipeline, and Mr. Giuliani has given paid speeches to a shadowy Iranian opposition group that until 2012 was on the State Department’s list of foreign terrorist organizations.

In one year — 2006 — Mr. Giuliani reported in a financial disclosure report that he had made 124 speeches, for as much as $200,000 each, and had earned a total of $11.4 million.

TriGlobal Strategic Ventures, a company that aims to “assist Western clients in furthering their business interests in the emerging economies of the former Soviet Union,” according to its website, is among the more obscure clients.

Records show Mr. Giuliani has had ties dating to at least 2004 to TriGlobal, a company that has provided image consulting to Russian oligarchs and clients with deep Kremlin ties.

They have included Transneft, Russia’s state-owned oil pipeline giant, which is the target of Western sanctions imposed after President Vladimir V. Putin annexed Crimea and began meddling in Ukraine.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 09:36:33 pm »
Just because Sessions may leave does not necessarily mean that he will be fired. Sessions seems much more concerned with issues of immigration than he is interested in political issues or investigations.

Rather than fired him outright, it would be much more prudent to move him to some leadership position related to curbing the illegal invasion and gang violence, if he would take it. That is what Sessions is attracted to.

And that would leave Rudy to deal with politics and investigations, which is where his experience is best. It's a win, win.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 10:12:15 pm »
Rudy issued a statement.
Sessions was RIGHT to recuse himself.
Take that!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2017, 10:46:12 pm »
Er, excuse me.... isn't it poor form to interview while you still have someone in the position?

Guess Jeff better pack.  I hope he stays and makes Trump fire him though.

Last I checked, Trump can't fire anyone from the Cabinet..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2017, 10:49:05 pm »

Then you are grossly misinformed.  Trump can fire any of his appointees any time he wants.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2017, 10:53:06 pm »
Rudy issued a statement.
Sessions was RIGHT to recuse himself.
Take that!

The fact that Rudy thinks 'Sessions' was right to recuse, himself, does not in any way mean that Rudy would do the same thing. They are two completely different people.

I think Rudy may know something about Sessions that made him say that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017, 11:47:29 pm »
Rudy Giuliani would be a huge mistake ... he's part of the swamp and he is pro gun control.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2017, 12:22:53 am »

As per the Constitution, the President is vested with 100% of the authority of the Executive branch.  While cabinet positions require Senate approval, the Constitution is silent on dismissals, he can fire anybody in it he wishes to.  Unsure of the VP, though.

There is also a Constitutional provision wherein Congress can remove Cabinet members similar to dismissal of the President and VP.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2017, 12:24:09 am »
Rudy Giuliani would be a huge mistake ... he's part of the swamp and he is pro gun control.
As well as a true liberal on social issues. If he gets there, forget defense of marriage, and getting rid of abortion.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2017, 01:13:14 am »
Rudy made it clear that he was not going to be the next A.G.

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2017, 02:02:53 am »
As per the Constitution, the President is vested with 100% of the authority of the Executive branch.  While cabinet positions require Senate approval, the Constitution is silent on dismissals, he can fire anybody in it he wishes to.  Unsure of the VP, though.

There is also a Constitutional provision wherein Congress can remove Cabinet members similar to dismissal of the President and VP.

The President cannot fire the VP I believe.

Oceander

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2017, 02:04:41 am »

He can't fire the VP.

• Technical
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2017, 02:06:36 am »
Remember that originally the VP was the guy who got the second highest EC votes... so essentially it'd be President Trump and VP Hillary under those rules.

Oceander

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2017, 02:07:20 am »
Remember that originally the VP was the guy who got the second highest EC votes... so essentially it'd be President Trump and VP Hillary under those rules.

Imagine that!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2017, 02:10:34 am »

I'd imagine that would make you NTs happy.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2017, 02:11:30 am »

Then you have a very weak imagination.

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2017, 02:12:41 am »

No, but President Pence does have a nice ring to it. We just need to get the Orange toddler out of there.

Oceander

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2017, 02:13:04 am »
No, but President Pence does have a nice ring to it. We just need to get the Orange toddler out of there.

It is sounding better and better.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2017, 02:16:11 am »
Then you have a very weak imagination.

Oh nonsense.  You guys show it every day.  You've made this place the mirror image of TOS.  Anyone who doesn't toe the line is viciously attacked.  The pack mentality is alive and well.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online corbe

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2017, 02:24:26 am »
Oh nonsense.  You guys show it every day.  You've made this place the mirror image of TOS.  Anyone who doesn't toe the line is viciously attacked.  The pack mentality is alive and well.

@driftdriver
   That is malicious slander that you have leveled at Briefers as a whole.
   Most of us here hope the President can pull this off, but with each passing day, each tweet, proves our hopes to be unfounded.       
   Sure there are some here that have always hated Trump, just as there are some that would argue that the SOB on 5th Avenue that Trump shot, deserved it, he donated $10 to the Cruz campaign, the majority of US are in the middle and just love discussing politics.
   Don't paint with such a broad brush, it makes me want to clutch my pearls and look around for the fainting couch.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.