Author Topic: PBS – Global Warming Killed All Life On Earth 17 Years Ago  (Read 683 times)

rangerrebew

PBS – Global Warming Killed All Life On Earth 17 Years Ago
Posted on July 23, 2017 by tonyheller

In 1986, fake news New York Times and fake news PBS said global warming threatened all life on earth by the year 2000.

https://realclimatescience.com/2017/07/pbs-global-warming-killed-all-life-on-earth-17-years-ago/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:24:37 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: PBS – Global Warming Killed All Life On Earth 17 Years Ago
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 02:03:17 pm »
Hell, I can remember back at the dawn of the enviro-weenie movement back in the early 1970's there were doom and gloom pronouncements from them that we had nly very few eyars left to reverse the pollution problem before we killed off all life on the planet. Every damn magazine had articles regularly on this.

I don't care any more, and have not for 30 years. They've cried "WOLF!" too many times and been completely wrong every time. When I see one of those panic mongering articles now, I automatically refuse to believe. I might read it to see if the writer is trying a new argument, but I will not accept their premise. If it is a Hollywierd celebrity (Ted Danson, Leonard DiCrappio, etc), I will not even read it now.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 02:16:21 pm »
Hell, I can remember back at the dawn of the enviro-weenie movement back in the early 1970's there were doom and gloom pronouncements from them that we had nly very few eyars left to reverse the pollution problem before we killed off all life on the planet. Every damn magazine had articles regularly on this.

I don't care any more, and have not for 30 years. They've cried "WOLF!" too many times and been completely wrong every time. When I see one of those panic mongering articles now, I automatically refuse to believe. I might read it to see if the writer is trying a new argument, but I will not accept their premise. If it is a Hollywierd celebrity (Ted Danson, Leonard DiCrappio, etc), I will not even read it now.

The Doomsday-End of the world soothsaying and prognostication of any means is a great business model.  You can be wrong 99.88% of the time and still keep the rubes coming.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 02:31:27 pm »
I remember reading in the 7th grade, in Time I think, an extensive "scientific" article about the coming ice age.  The outcome of that particular bit of "scientific prophecy" no doubt is an early root for my increasing scepticism about much of the so called "science" of today.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 02:53:07 pm »
@rangerrebew

Weather goes in cycles and man cannot stop that.  If you lived with an earth scientist/geologist, as I do, you would get a brain load from him about where oceans were once on the United States.  He knows this because he knows what is under the top of the earth in the US, in all regions of the US.  He knows where ice once was and where it has never been.

If you were to travel with him by car from Texas to New York state, you would be informed about every layer of earth as it changed.  We have made that trip twice, and I know how every mountain from here to there came about, how glaciers dug out the earth and made mountains.

The earth cycle will keep moving and man will have to deal with it as it can't be stopped.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 03:01:53 pm »
I remember reading in the 7th grade, in Time I think, an extensive "scientific" article about the coming ice age.  The outcome of that particular bit of "scientific prophecy" no doubt is an early root for my increasing scepticism about much of the so called "science" of today.

Well, Clean Air laws/amendments were passed after that, and the reduction in particulates has prevented some cooling they would have given us.  And we are due to be going into cooler temps.   Therefore, even if temps are level, then we've had some "warming" from the natural trend.

But it's not like the glaciers were going to show up overnight.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn