Author Topic: Fears of tainted alcohol at Mexican resorts after deaths  (Read 443 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fears of tainted alcohol at Mexican resorts after deaths
« on: July 24, 2017, 03:12:25 am »
Fears of tainted alcohol at Mexican resorts after deaths
New York Daily News
MEGAN CERULLO

The family of a woman who drowned and died after drinking shots at an all-inclusive Mexican resort is still seeking answers around her death.

And they’re not alone. Nearly a dozen families are struggling to understand how a loved one died or was injured after consuming alcohol while vacationing in Mexico, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

Tourists to multiple upscale resorts in and around Cancun and Playa del Carmen say they believe they were drugged or served bootleg alcohol after small amounts of booze caused them to lose consciousness.

College student Abbey Conner was on a family vacation when she was found face down in a swimming pool at the Iberostar Hotel & Resorts’ Paraiso del Mar.

Continued: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fears-of-tainted-alcohol-at-mexican-resorts-after-deaths/ar-AAoBUic?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Offline montanajoe

Re: Fears of tainted alcohol at Mexican resorts after deaths
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 03:49:18 am »
My Dad had some "tainted" alcohol in the Guam on his way to Japan in early1945 used to call it a Mickey... he survived but barely I guess. Although he died before I was old enough to understand my mother always told me that after that experience he would only drink beer when out of the country, needed to have the waitress put the bottle on the table and he opened it himself. 

That advice has stood me in good stead no matter where I've been  outside of the US and in a few places here.. :shrug:

Offline kidd

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 05:25:07 pm »
You couldn't pay me to take a vacation in Mexico.

The so-called "safe" resorts are now open to cartel shootings and tainted alcohol.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 11:22:45 pm »
You couldn't pay me to take a vacation in Mexico.

The so-called "safe" resorts are now open to cartel shootings and tainted alcohol.

I agree with you.  I have family and friends who vacation in Mexico all the time.  I think they're nuts.  Who wants to be stuck at the resort for a week or more?  I like to go exploring the area where I travel to.  Can't do that in Mexico.  You could get killed.  And as you said, even the resorts aren't safe.  Pfft!  If I want to go to the beach, there are plenty of nice ones right here in the USA and in other parts of the world.