Author Topic: Angela Merkel offers defense of Ivanka Trump for sitting in for her father at G-20 summit  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You've accused me of being passive-aggressive before so I guess you meant that for me.

It's so easy to slap a psychiatric insult on someone that you don't have to prove. 

Just because I don't post an insult directly to you doesn't mean I don't want to.

It just means I'm trying not to do personal insults.

You should try that.

@Catherine of Aragon..... A little passive aggressive of you posting that book, wasn't it?

Why didn't you just come out and diss me like you wanted to.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here's today's topic boys and girls..... discuss: 

Silver Pines

@Emjay

I'm going to say this to you, and then I'm done.  Trust me when I say that respect for the forum, and not you, is the only reason I don't lay out my opinion of you.  Plus your passive-aggressive (there it is!) sniping, grousing, and crabbing usually don't merit a response, but I'm feeling expansive today.  Also, monthly hormones are leaving me with a zero tolerance for crap right now.

Don't  yap to me about you "trying not to do personal insults."  Hell, you live for them.  Who are you kidding?  And that's fine, but you lack the guts to own it.  You like your little drive-bys while you put on the demure dowager act.  Then when you get called on your crap, you're all "Oh my, was I bad?", "Gee, I was just trying to be funny", etc.  Or, if someone happens to really hit a nerve, you cry and play the victim like you did last night, and are still doing today.  You get a big kick out of dishing it out in your coy little way, but you reeeaaally can't take it.  When you get it thrown back at you, it festers, doesn't it?

If you don't like being pegged as passive-aggressive, stop acting that way.  Or not.  Regardless, you might as well go play your games with someone else.

If the mods want to slap my hand for that, fair enough---I'll take my lumps.  It was worth it to kick off an ankle-biter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

I'm going to say this to you, and then I'm done.  Trust me when I say that respect for the forum, and not you, is the only reason I don't lay out my opinion of you.  Plus your passive-aggressive (there it is!) sniping, grousing, and crabbing usually don't merit a response, but I'm feeling expansive today.  Also, monthly hormones are leaving me with a zero tolerance for crap right now.

Don't  yap to me about you "trying not to do personal insults."  Hell, you live for them.  Who are you kidding?  And that's fine, but you lack the guts to own it.  You like your little drive-bys while you put on the demure dowager act.  Then when you get called on your crap, you're all "Oh my, was I bad?", "Gee, I was just trying to be funny", etc.  Or, if someone happens to really hit a nerve, you cry and play the victim like you did last night, and are still doing today.  You get a big kick out of dishing it out in your coy little way, but you reeeaaally can't take it.  When you get it thrown back at you, it festers, doesn't it?

If you don't like being pegged as passive-aggressive, stop acting that way.  Or not.  Regardless, you might as well go play your games with someone else.

If the mods want to slap my hand for that, fair enough---I'll take my lumps.  It was worth it to kick off an ankle-biter.

Now you're talking.  Instead of doing your usual psycho-babble, you're telling it like it is.  I always knew you disliked me.  You said once you had me on ignore which was a total lie ... you read everything I write.

So, I hope you enjoyed laying out your true opinion for once.  I don't think your insults merit Mod interference.  But ... ankle-biter.  Maybe a little further up.  LOL

Silver Pines

@Emjay

I enjoyed it a lot.  But get it straight---I've never said I had you on ignore.  I don't use that feature.

Whine on.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Try this.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

And there always is a next............
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

And there always is a next............

Right!  I can't speak for Catherine but I got a little carried away with the little prissin' match and now I feel guilty.

It doesn't matter who started it, I didn't have to continue it.  Mea Culpa.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
Journalists who weren't alarmed in the least when Clinton announced his 'two for one' presidency.
It was probably their idea in the first place.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline Rivergirl

How I see it.......
Whatever daddy wants, Ivanka does.
They have been brought up to toe the line........or else.

Offline jpsb

Then they are deranged lunatics consumed by demons.

Apparently so.  So much hate is hard to believe.

Offline jpsb

@driftdiver

Yes, because this is the first time Ivanka has pushed herself in where she has no business going.

As a senior adviser to the president she can go anywhere she wants as long as the president does not object. Also she did not "sit in on the meeting", she briefly took his chair while he stepped out for a minute or two. BFD.

Offline jpsb

I imagine if this were Obama at the G-20 during his reign, and his daughter Sasha sat in for him among world leaders while Obama pushed an initiative she was heading (right after Sasha writes an Op-Ed declaring the virtues of paid family leave for both dads and moms), while her dad pledges 50 million in taxpayer dollars to 'jump-start' this initiative so as to entice other world leaders to get their taxpayers to also fund it - we would rightfully be pissed off and making the same exact comments some of us Conservatives are making in this case.

But apparently it's okay when OUR political messiah does it.

Get real, Sasha Obama was 9 years old when Obama was elected, 17 when he left office.  As with most of your analogies you are completely wrong.

Ivanka Trump is 35 years old, an accomplished business woman on her own and has been advising Trump for many years. That she continues to do so, as a senior adviser to the President, should not surprise anyone.

Offline jpsb

Hey, relax ... I am not equating the two at all.  I just happened to remember how ticked off people got at that and it was really nothing.

I don't like Ivanka and I don't like Jared.  So ... let me up.

Nobody got "ticked off" about it we all thought how typical of that buffoon Jimmy to consult with a 12 year old girl on nuclear weapons.

Silver Pines

Apparently so.  So much hate is hard to believe.

@jpsb

It really is, isn't it?

You have to have a deep-seated hate to label fellow conservatives who criticize your political idol
devils and demons.

Silver Pines

As a senior adviser to the president she can go anywhere she wants as long as the president does not object. Also she did not "sit in on the meeting", she briefly took his chair while he stepped out for a minute or two. BFD.

@jpsb

Wow, some of the most solid Trump fans freely admit they don't like his political nepotism.  That's an extreme position.

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

Wow, some of the most solid Trump fans freely admit they don't like his political nepotism.  That's an extreme position.

Whatever, Bing about her sitting in the presidents' chair for a few minutes seem quite petty to me.

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

It really is, isn't it?

You have to have a deep-seated hate to label fellow conservatives who criticize your political idol
devils and demons.

I would like to see most of President Trumps' agenda implemented. I dislike those that oppose President Trump and are preventing him from implementing his agenda. You want to go after Trump on issues? Fine, let's debate the merits of his policies and stop with all the petty crap.

Immigration, tax reform, trade reform, ACA repelled, restoration of our military. DRAIN THE SWAMP!

Constant attacks on Trump are preventing him from doing the above. I would like to see the above get done. Hence my dislike of hard core NeverTrumpers (note the "hard core").

Silver Pines

Whatever, Bing about her sitting in the presidents' chair for a few minutes seem quite petty to me.

@jpsb

But it isn't just that, now is it.  And you're well aware.

Offline Suppressed

Fine, let's debate the merits of his policies and stop with all the petty crap.
@jpsb

Corruption, such as using taxpayer dollars to give access and to support his daughter's project, is not "petty crap".

Immigration, tax reform, trade reform, ACA repelled, restoration of our military. DRAIN THE SWAMP!

Constant attacks on Trump are preventing him from doing the above. I would like to see the above get done. Hence my dislike of hard core NeverTrumpers (note the "hard core").

Since Donald Trump's actions -- far more than any "NeverTrumpers" -- are "preventing him from doing the above," so if you are logical, you will dislike Trump even more.

Are you logical?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:55:54 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

Corruption, such as using taxpayer dollars to give access and to support his daughter's project, is not "petty crap".

Since Donald Trump's actions -- far more than any "NeverTrumpers" -- are "preventing him from doing the above," so if you are logical, you will dislike Trump even more.

Are you logical?

I hope you enjoy the Marxist/Islamic America you are helping to create.

Ivanka Trump is an accomplished business woman worth tens, if not hundreds of millions of dollars. She is exactly the kind of person (smart, honest, intelligent, not a career politician) we should want in government. It is a shame that people like you are why people like Ivanka will not serve in government. Once not to long ago, good people would serve, now not so much, it's just not worth all the petty, mean spirited attacks on ones' character to serve.

Online LMAO

I imagine if this were Obama at the G-20 during his reign, and his daughter Sasha sat in for him among world leaders while Obama pushed an initiative she was heading (right after Sasha writes an Op-Ed declaring the virtues of paid family leave for both dads and moms), while her dad pledges 50 million in taxpayer dollars to 'jump-start' this initiative so as to entice other world leaders to get their taxpayers to also fund it - we would rightfully be pissed off and making the same exact comments some of us Conservatives are making in this case.

But apparently it's okay when OUR political messiah does it.

@INVAR

:amen:

90% of the outrage you see in politics is more based on partisanship than principle.

That's why I chose the tagline I did
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:37:23 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I hope you enjoy the Marxist/Islamic America you are helping to create.

Let's get something straight. You sit in the middle. We're the Conservative America. You settled. You got all pragmatic on America, the Constitution, on Liberty itself, and settled. You are the ones who shifted Left. We didn't. Whether you are just cowards who can't stand up for what they believe in or whether you just don't  believe in America, with the Federal Government constrained by the Constitution, I don't pretend to know, but daily you prove by your attacks on Conservatives you are either  liberals or pissant pant wetters who don't  have the guts to stand your ground against the pajamaboys and bleep and even Muslims on the Communist left.  Instead you frustrated, impotent dirtbags feel like you just  have to attack SOMEone because your boy ain't getting the  job done, so you go menstrual on us.
I have no use for any of you.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR

:amen:

90% of the outrage you see in politics is more based on partisanship than principle.

That's why I chose the tagline I did

@LMAO Yes, absolutely correct.  It's Party over principles.  Pragmatism over character.

The only principle they have is "winning", which appears limited to a single SCOTUS seat and the fact Hildabeast is not there.  Conservatism as an agenda is not one to be fought for.

Instead Liberalism is the agenda to make excuses for.

We have been told repeatedly by those who flaunt Trump at every opportunity that people who adhere to principles are LOSERS.

Just this past week I have been awarded a Principles Pedestal and a Drama Queen award by the Academy of Fools here who ridicule anyone enumerating, reminding and extolling foundational principles that they apparently hate and disdain as much as the Left does.  They hate being reminded of them.  They hate seeing them mentioned and they go absolutely apeshit berserk when applying those foundational principles as a measuring stick against the myriad consequences of Trump not having any such core himself.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775