Author Topic: State officials fume after leak shows how feds planned to use armed troops  (Read 267 times)

rangerrebew

State officials fume after leak shows how feds planned to use armed troops
by Todd Shepherd | Jul 23, 2017, 12:01 AM

An organization representing top state election officials is complaining it's being kept in the dark by the federal government after a new report showed the Obama administration was quietly making extensive plans — including the possibility of deploying armed troops — in the case of an election day cyberattack or last-minute propaganda efforts from Russia.

Time Magazine reported on a document it obtained showing the administration's plans, which noted that state and local governments would have the primary jurisdiction, but called for the deployment of armed troops to counter a "significant incident."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/state-officials-fume-after-leak-shows-how-feds-planned-to-use-armed-troops/article/2629405
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 11:35:42 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm not understanding this - how would it have been helpful to deploy federal troops in case of a Russian cyberattack? 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I'm not understanding this - how would it have been helpful to deploy federal troops in case of a Russian cyberattack?
Most everything is online these days. A cyberattack could possibly take down the electrical grid and who knows what kind of mayhem could happen.

More Jade Helm?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Because it would be a great cover story to implement the wet dream of liberals to have troops in the streets hauling of conservatives to the camps and the gas chambers.

It's very disturbing how eager the Obama admin seemed to really want something to have gone horribly wrong election day.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Because it would be a great cover story to implement the wet dream of liberals to have troops in the streets hauling of conservatives to the camps and the gas chambers.

It's very disturbing how eager the Obama admin seemed to really want something to have gone horribly wrong election day.

Yes, that would be my guess.  It's disturbing that the "journalists" who reported this didn't ask any of those questions.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:49:02 pm by Sanguine »