Author Topic: Jeb Bush calls out Republicans silent on Trump's Russia probe  (Read 847 times)

Online corbe

Jeb Bush calls out Republicans silent on Trump's Russia probe

By John Bowden - 07/22/17 06:31 PM EDT

Former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-Fla.) on Saturday called out Republicans for not speaking out about the investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Speaking at the OZY Fest in New York City on Saturday, the Florida Republican and former opponent to President Trump gave the crowd a series of rules for politics, what he called "Jeb's rules."

The first rule wasn't caught on camera, but Bush's second "rule" spoke directly to the Russia investigation swirling around the Trump administration.

"If your opponent does things that you, your head explodes on, if Barack Obama did something as it's related to Russia, you say 'this is outrageous,' all this stuff, then when your guy does the same thing, have the same passion to be critical," Bush said.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/343325-jeb-bush-calls-out-republicans-silent-on-trumps-russia-probe
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Jeb Bush calls out Republicans silent on Trump's Russia probe
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 03:54:46 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 03:58:09 am »
The basic point is right: don't be a hypocrite.

But the specific example?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 04:16:33 am »
Did Jeb give the speech in English or Spanish?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 05:35:56 am »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 05:48:06 am »
I was never much of a Jeb Bush supporter but he is right.  All attempts to call it a nothing burger is nothing less than attempt to cover up.  I have said it before this is going to be a long 4 years of one problem and controversy after another.  We knew it.  Trump doesn't follow the law.  He goes around it and then calls in the lawyers.  One lawsuit after another.  That is how the Trump family roles.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 09:50:39 am »
I was never much of a Jeb Bush supporter but he is right.  All attempts to call it a nothing burger is nothing less than attempt to cover up.  I have said it before this is going to be a long 4 years of one problem and controversy after another.  We knew it.  Trump doesn't follow the law.  He goes around it and then calls in the lawyers.  One lawsuit after another.  That is how the Trump family roles.

Cover up of what @Chosen Daughter?  What laws has the President broken?

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 02:08:32 am »
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 02:51:40 am »
Jeb has revealed himself as a small bitter man.  Never in the course of human events has a man spent so much money in a political primary for such a small number of votes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-