Author Topic: Trump, Party of One...By Jonah Goldberg  (Read 270 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, Party of One...By Jonah Goldberg
« on: July 22, 2017, 01:57:43 pm »
 Trump, Party of One
Admitting that Mr. Only I Can Fix It had no idea what he was talking about is for many Republicans too bitter a pill to swallow.
By Jonah Goldberg — July 21, 2017

EDITOR’S NOTE: The following is Jonah Goldberg’s weekly “news”letter, the G-File. Subscribe here to get the G-File delivered to your inbox on Fridays.

Dear Reader (especially Sean Spicer),

There is a riddle before us. Back in that simpler time, i.e., the GOP primaries, many people assured me that conservatives could trust Donald Trump because Senator Jeff Sessions trusted him. With varying degrees of rage, snark, and dudgeon (which I think is the official law firm of Hogwarts), these people would say to me: “Do you think Jeff Sessions isn’t a real conservative?”

On at least one occasion, I recall a finger being poked in my chest to fortify the point in ways reason could not.

My response isn’t really relevant (but it was something along the lines of “Sure, but even conservatives make mistakes”). What I find fascinating, however, is how the transitive property now runs the other way. A year ago, I was supposed to trust Trump because Sessions trusted Trump. Now, I’m supposed to distrust Sessions because Trump distrusts Sessions. Okay, then.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/449747/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump, Party of One...By Jonah Goldberg
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 02:08:56 pm »