Author Topic: McCain’s Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought, Experts Say  (Read 3454 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: McCain’s Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought, Experts Say
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2017, 02:18:57 am »
However problematic he may be as a Senator, I have spoken and listened to a number of people who were in Hanoi Hilton with McCain. To a man, they praise him and his willingness to take torture and beatings for other prisoners. He was implacable and selfless in a horrific situation, and that deserves respect from ALL of us. I understand some may want to see him replaced with a more reliably conservative Senator, and I share that view...but lets all be careful not to disrespect a man who is a genuine American hero. I was angry with President Trump when he criticized McCain's military service, and I am pretty unhappy now with those today who seem more concerned about getting rid of the Senator than they are willing to honor the man and all he's given for his country.

John came by my canine and I at the airport a couple weeks ago...by himself with no entourage or fanfair as usual...and did not look good at all. Just looked tired and like he'd lost a good bit of weight. But he was, nonetheless, friendly and humble. He's a good man and a great hero to this nation...so, please, lets not forget that during this discussion. My own thoughts and prayers are with him and his family during what must be a very difficult time.

Thank you....I would like to say that now is not the time to voice your ill feelings on this man...if you can't offer prayers please just keep those thoughts to yourself.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2017, 02:20:41 am »
Thank you....I would like to say that now is not the time to voice your ill feelings on this man...if you can't offer prayers please just keep those thoughts to yourself.

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2017, 02:25:05 am »
I'll go for that. Prayers up for the whole family.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2017, 02:43:31 am »

I agree with you and Mesaclone.  I've made some thoughtless comments myself and I'm sorry.

Prayers for Senator McCain.  His daughter wrote a beautiful tribute.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2017, 03:31:23 am »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2017, 12:53:29 pm »
The prognosis is grim with median survival rate of 14 months.  Prayers for him and his family.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mg8mDmtbbA
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.