Author Topic: About Those Trump Supporters  (Read 11811 times)

Silver Pines

Re: About Those Trump Supporters
« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2017, 08:16:40 pm »
That how you see it. I see it as Trump punishing Fox News (no Trump no rating) for its' very unfair moderating of the so called "debate". MeAgain, Wallace and Beir clearly had an ambush planned. MeAgain Kelly ruined her career that night she will never recover.

@jpsb

Why would Trump want to punish Fox when the network was his propaganda outlet? 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2017, 08:17:58 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

If it had been Cruz with a past like Trump's, I would have expected he'd have had explaining to do.  I would have been interested in seeing how he handled it and what he said. 

To this day I view Trump's behavior as cowardly and that's just the way it is.   Stating my opinion isn't "goading."

Well, you're right, it's not in our little place here because nobody really cares what we think.  And that's a good thing.   :shrug:  Reasonable minds will differ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2017, 08:29:01 pm »
@jpsb

Why would Trump want to punish Fox when the network was his propaganda outlet?

They like to conveniently forget that fact.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2017, 09:16:46 pm »
They like to conveniently forget that fact.

"Fox News supported him" is not saying the same thing as "The debate Moderators at Fox News supported him."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #279 on: July 24, 2017, 09:00:00 am »
"Fox News supported him" is not saying the same thing as "The debate Moderators at Fox News supported him."

Fox News went all in and became a Trump mouthpiece...they continue to be a mouthpiece and they are paying for it in the ratings. They have brought MSNBC back from the dead.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2017, 12:13:16 pm »
Fox News went all in and became a Trump mouthpiece...they continue to be a mouthpiece and they are paying for it in the ratings. They have brought MSNBC back from the dead.

Everything he touches turns to crap.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #281 on: July 24, 2017, 12:21:58 pm »

Nah. The resurgence of MSNBC was inevitable, the instant the election results were known. The channel(s) which broadly support the administration are watched less than the ones which support the opposition - that holds true irrespective of which side is in power in every Western country.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2017, 12:35:20 pm »
Nah. The resurgence of MSNBC was inevitable, the instant the election results were known. The channel(s) which broadly support the administration are watched less than the ones which support the opposition - that holds true irrespective of which side is in power in every Western country.

Gotta disagree here...at least where stateside news is concerned Fox News dominated even during the Bush 43 Presidency.  They started in 1997 during Clinton and really took off during W's tenure in office. I started watching them about 2002 and liked them because they were airing far more balanced hard news stories than any of the other cable news channels.  That's why a lot of us watched them.

Had they maintained their objectivity during last years election...I seriously doubt they'd be in this situation they currently find themselves in.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2017, 01:20:04 pm »
Gotta disagree here...at least where stateside news is concerned Fox News dominated even during the Bush 43 Presidency.  They started in 1997 during Clinton and really took off during W's tenure in office. I started watching them about 2002 and liked them because they were airing far more balanced hard news stories than any of the other cable news channels.  That's why a lot of us watched them.

Had they maintained their objectivity during last years election...I seriously doubt they'd be in this situation they currently find themselves in.

I've never seen such a blatant throwing in with a candidate as FOX did early in the primaries.

Even at the height of his "fight" with FOX news and Megyn Kelly Trump still had his weekly call in segment on Fox and Friends. He continued to be an on air personality like that through the primaries till I abandoned FNC in June of last year. The final straw was during Trump's weekly call into FOX he lied and said Rafael Cruz had been involved in the JFK assassination. The fine "journalists" of FOX sat there nodding like bobbleheads and never bothered to do any of that icky journalistic crap like follow up questions or further investigaton.

On the night of the NH primary, Jeanne Pirro started screeching on twitter that those who don't support "presumptive nominee Donald Trump" are traitors.

None have been worse than Hannity. That piece of garbage has outright lied for Trump about others for more than a year. When confronted by twitter users about why he always managed to give Trump a full hour the night before the primaries, Hannity lied and said Cruz (Who was the only other legitimate candidate at that point) refused to come on the show. cruz responded that he would be happy to do an interview via satellite or phone since he didn't fly home to NY every night. Hannity responded with another lie and claimed that he doesn't do satellite or phone interviews. Sure enough, the very next day he interviewed Trump via phone from down the street because Trump didn't feel like going to the studio.

FNC has joined the ranks of infowarts.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2017, 01:21:30 pm »

That's fairly true, but their fall started long ago. They were in the sack for Romney and McCain too. I ain't gave em the time of day, except in a nat'l level emergency in years... And at that, even in an emergency, CNN seems to be more on the job. Fox just builds 6hrs and then plays it repeatedly with little blurb updates... CNN stays on it 24/7 till it's done.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2017, 01:33:55 pm »

BTW @txradioguy

I started watching CNN for GOP primary news because in their dislike of republicans, they at least reported fairly among the GOP candidates. In fact it was CNN's Jake Tapper who came to the defense of Rafael Cruz over the JFK murder claim by Trump. He pointed out that there was absolutely no evidence of Rafael Cruz being anywhere near Oswald and that all evidence they could find was evidence contrary to Trump's claim.

The very next night Trump told Wolf Blitzer that he never believed the story about Cruz but he repeated it anyway because he wanted to win. (He repeated something he knew wasn't true. That's called LYING)

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2017, 01:40:18 pm »
Alternative viewing when FNC jumped into bed with DT
Anderson Cooper
Jake Tapper
Rachel Maddow

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2017, 02:09:12 pm »
I've never seen such a blatant throwing in with a candidate as FOX did early in the primaries.

Even at the height of his "fight" with FOX news and Megyn Kelly Trump still had his weekly call in segment on Fox and Friends. He continued to be an on air personality like that through the primaries till I abandoned FNC in June of last year. The final straw was during Trump's weekly call into FOX he lied and said Rafael Cruz had been involved in the JFK assassination. The fine "journalists" of FOX sat there nodding like bobbleheads and never bothered to do any of that icky journalistic crap like follow up questions or further investigaton.

On the night of the NH primary, Jeanne Pirro started screeching on twitter that those who don't support "presumptive nominee Donald Trump" are traitors.

None have been worse than Hannity. That piece of garbage has outright lied for Trump about others for more than a year. When confronted by twitter users about why he always managed to give Trump a full hour the night before the primaries, Hannity lied and said Cruz (Who was the only other legitimate candidate at that point) refused to come on the show. cruz responded that he would be happy to do an interview via satellite or phone since he didn't fly home to NY every night. Hannity responded with another lie and claimed that he doesn't do satellite or phone interviews. Sure enough, the very next day he interviewed Trump via phone from down the street because Trump didn't feel like going to the studio.

FNC has joined the ranks of infowarts.

I'd say you nailed it, cc.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #288 on: July 24, 2017, 05:32:46 pm »
@Cripplecreek Yep, nailed it with both posts! 888high58888
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis