Author Topic: GOP governor in deep-blue Maryland becomes top Dem target  (Read 222 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
GOP governor in deep-blue Maryland becomes top Dem target
« on: July 19, 2017, 01:06:03 pm »
Republican Larry Hogan is among the most popular governors in Maryland history, but Democrats in the deep-blue state are intent on denying him a second term.

As many as eight Democrats already have announced or hinted at a campaign to knock off Hogan -- only the second Republican governor in Maryland in nearly five decades -- in next year's election.

“The latest polling that we have shows about 6 percent of the people in Maryland strongly disapprove of the job I’m doing,” Hogan told Fox News, during a recent event in voter-rich Montgomery County. “It seems like all of them want to run for governor. I wish them all well. I don’t know who’ll be the lucky one … but we’ll be ready for them.”

His November 2014 victory was widely considered the political upset of that election cycle, with Hogan even admitting he pulled off the “nearly impossible.”

The evolving field of 2018 Democratic hopefuls includes such marquee names as former NAACP leader Ben Jealous, Maryland Rep. John Delaney and former state Attorney General Doug Gansler.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/18/gop-governor-in-deep-blue-maryland-becomes-top-dem-target.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: GOP governor in deep-blue Maryland becomes top Dem target
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 01:08:14 pm »
Dems seem intent on destroying any good that happens in the country.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:35:34 pm »
Hogan was helped by the Dems choice of Brown in the last election.  He was a terrible and boring candidate.  Remember the walkout during Obama's speech?  I left that state in 2006 because of the blue creep into Frederick, one of the last safe refuges at the time.  Hogan can still hold on because Baltimore City has shrunk considerably and is no longer the power center it once was.  The growth of Hartford County (people fleeing Baltimore) and the Biotech Corridor businesses will be his assets.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 03:23:39 pm »
Hogan was helped by the Dems choice of Brown in the last election.  He was a terrible and boring candidate.  Remember the walkout during Obama's speech?  I left that state in 2006 because of the blue creep into Frederick, one of the last safe refuges at the time.  Hogan can still hold on because Baltimore City has shrunk considerably and is no longer the power center it once was.  The growth of Hartford County (people fleeing Baltimore) and the Biotech Corridor businesses will be his assets.

I'm thinking that the Baltimore riots and the absolute disaster the Democrat Mayor and States Attorney made of the aftermath would be enough to bring the GOP vote out to try and rid the state of some of the disease that is Liberalism.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 04:00:50 pm »
I'm thinking that the Baltimore riots and the absolute disaster the Democrat Mayor and States Attorney made of the aftermath would be enough to bring the GOP vote out to try and rid the state of some of the disease that is Liberalism.

Maryland political corruption is deep and legendary.  The D'Alesandro family was among them and includes Nancy Pelosi.  Wouldn't surprise me if Martin O'Malley made another run in 2020.  He's one of the biggest 2nd Amendment threats they have.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.