Author Topic: Delta tweets insults at Ann Coulter; still want to fly Delta now?  (Read 914 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 17, 2017
Delta tweets insults at Ann Coulter; still want to fly Delta now?
By Monica Showalter

Columnist Ann Coulter is a tall woman, and apparently spent some time selecting the right sort of seat for a person who needs more legroom on frequent flights, perhaps to avoid deep-vein thrombosis, or perhaps to fly more comfortably. She spent the time and paid the extra money to get an aisle seat on an emergency row on a Delta flight, which would have done the job.

For some reason, as the flight was boarding, the airline decided to move her seat to the window in the same row and seat a group of other passengers, perhaps because they and requested to be seated together. It might have been o.k., had the flight attendant, pleaded for her cooperation, offered her a free something extra, maybe a drink and apologizing for the airline's poor planning or failed capacity to please all its customers, but decided instead to go bureaucratic and stony, telling Coulter 'I don't know' when she was asked why the seat she paid extra for was being moved to a less desirable area. It was a perfect opportunity to coax a cooperative attitude, but instead lit the fuse to an angry unsatisfied customer, which seems contrary to its mission. All they had to do was say why, apologize, and ask for cooperation.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/07/delta_hurls_insults_at_ann_coulter_still_want_to_fly_delta_now.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Delta tweets insults at Ann Coulter; still want to fly Delta now?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 02:42:50 pm »
Oh, piss off.

You want to see whiny, entitled snowflakes that put any college kid to shame? Look on any damned airplane and about 90% of the seats are filled with them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 02:46:41 pm »
Man delta needs to get a new PR person... and fast.

Delta issued the following statement in response to Coulter’s insults:

"We are sorry that the customer did not receive the seat she reserved and paid for. More importantly, we are disappointed that the customer has chosen to publicly attack our employees and other customers by posting derogatory and slanderous comments and photos in social media. Her actions are unnecessary and unacceptable.                   

Each of our employees is charged with treating each other as well as our customers with dignity and respect. And we hold each other accountable when that does not happen.

Delta expects mutual civility throughout the entire travel experience.

We will refund Ms. Coulter's $30 for the preferred seat on the exit row that she purchased."

http://news.delta.com/delta-s-response-political-analyst-ann-coulter-s-public-attack-airline-s-employees-customers

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 02:56:44 pm »
Well this is gonna go well.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 02:57:54 pm »
Oh, piss off.

You want to see whiny, entitled snowflakes that put any college kid to shame? Look on any damned airplane and about 90% of the seats are filled with them.

Coulter is certainly no different.

People just don't know the difference between a worthy fight and when to relax and let things slide. (In Coulter's case include a heaping teaspoon of entitlement and fading notoriety)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 03:01:51 pm »
Oh, piss off.

Flying domestically is a horrible experience these days.   Crowded, dirty and cramped.   The airlines treat people like cargo that moves itself.

I think Coulter needs to apologize for sending out the picture of the other passengers.   Its not their fault that Delta urinated in her wheaties.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »
Man delta needs to get a new PR person... and fast.
People hate Ann Coulter. This may be the best PR move they have ever done.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 08:31:52 pm »
I don't particularly care for Coulter, but you reserve and pay for the seat, you should get the seat.  It's not rocket science.

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 10:13:34 pm »
I don't particularly care for Coulter, but you reserve and pay for the seat, you should get the seat.  It's not rocket science.

I agree. I understand that the airlines deal with a lot. But sometimes I wonder if they are overstepping their bounds as a service based company.

Myself...I haven't flown since pre-9/11. It wasn't pleasant then. The relatives that I would have flown to see have passed and I don't have to fly for business any longer, thank goodness.

Who the heck wants to pay to be groped before you get on a plane, pay for luggage transportation, be treated rudely, be in a confined space with angry people at an exorbitant price ?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 10:42:48 pm »
I agree. I understand that the airlines deal with a lot. But sometimes I wonder if they are overstepping their bounds as a service based company.

Myself...I haven't flown since pre-9/11. It wasn't pleasant then. The relatives that I would have flown to see have passed and I don't have to fly for business any longer, thank goodness.

Who the heck wants to pay to be groped before you get on a plane, pay for luggage transportation, be treated rudely, be in a confined space with angry people at an exorbitant price ?

You forgot the screaming baby.

Offline berdie

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 10:56:15 pm »
I guess I did forget that added feature @Sanguine , lol. I may have to file that under "angry people". :laugh:

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 11:54:17 pm »
As I see it, both she and Delta are in the wrong.  Delta for taking her seat and for scolding a wronged customer,  and Coulter for taking a picture of the woman in the seat and tweeting it over social media.

That said, Coulter has been raving like a madwoman on Twitter since this happened.  Something is wrong with her.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 12:23:49 am »
As I see it, both she and Delta are in the wrong.  Delta for taking her seat and for scolding a wronged customer,  and Coulter for taking a picture of the woman in the seat and tweeting it over social media.

That said, Coulter has been raving like a madwoman on Twitter since this happened.  Something is wrong with her.

She is getting more attention over this than she has in years   She is loving it
God is still in control

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 12:26:45 am »

@CatherineofAragon

Completely agree. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 02:20:40 am »
She is getting more attention over this than she has in years   She is loving it

@Mom MD

I think that's exactly it.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 07:17:02 am »
Ann is pissed because she wanted to manspread into the aisle.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 08:30:21 am »
Traveling via motorhome is sooooo much more relaxing, AND you get to see more of the country.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy