Author Topic: Israel’s War Against George Soros  (Read 495 times)

rangerrebew

Israel’s War Against George Soros
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:41:46 pm »
Israel’s War Against George Soros

By MAIRAV ZONSZEINJULY 17, 2017

JAFFA, Israel — As a Holocaust survivor, a successful financier who embraces free market capitalism and a philanthropist who champions liberal democracy, George Soros should be a darling of the Israeli establishment. But Mr. Soros has failed the only litmus test that seems to count for Israel’s current leadership: unconditional support for the government, despite its policies of occupation, discrimination and disregard for civil and human rights.

For years Mr. Soros largely avoided Israel-related philanthropy, but he became involved in 2008 when he contributed to J Street, a moderate pro-Israel, pro-peace lobbying group based in Washington, after it was founded. Through his Open Society Foundations, Mr. Soros also contributes to the Israeli human rights organization B’Tselem and the anti-occupation group Breaking the Silence, which have been subjected to a growing delegitimization campaign by the Israeli government.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/17/opinion/george-soros-israel-hungary.html?ref=opinion
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:42:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Israel’s War Against George Soros
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 08:54:50 pm »
But Mr. Soros has failed the only litmus test that seems to count for Israel’s current leadership: unconditional support for the government, despite its policies of occupation, discrimination and disregard for civil and human rights.

No bias in this story, not even a smidgen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 09:16:15 pm »
No bias in this story, not even a smidgen.

Considering the Author of the piece writes for +972 Magazine, a left-wing news and opinion website that not only leans but is purposefully progressive and anti-israeli.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:17:12 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 09:25:31 pm »
Considering the Author of the piece writes for +972 Magazine, a left-wing news and opinion website that not only leans but is purposefully progressive and anti-israeli.

And doubly so when you see it's published hand-in-glove with the Slimes....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 12:26:08 am »
I'd have thought the whole "betraying your own to their deaths for money and safety" thing was a failed litmus test too, but what do I know?  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 12:31:02 am »
As a Holocaust survivor, a successful financier who embraces free market capitalism and a philanthropist who champions liberal democracy, George Soros should be a darling of the Israeli establishment.

Are they &^$^#$ serious? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 12:33:45 am »
I'd have thought the whole "betraying your own to their deaths for money and safety" thing was a failed litmus test too, but what do I know?  :shrug:

Yeah, me too.  It takes my breath away watching these idiots defend him.
I will NOT comply.