Author Topic: Exclusive: Conservatives launch war on Southern Poverty Law Center, promotes 'terrorism'  (Read 350 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Exclusive: Conservatives launch war on Southern Poverty Law Center, promotes 'terrorism'
by Paul Bedard | Jul 16, 2017, 12:55 PM

A coalition of conservative groups whose advocacy has been labeled "hate" by the leftist media-darling Southern Poverty Law Center are launching a counteroffensive Monday, accusing it of fueling hate, killing free speech and even encouraging terrorist-style attacks on those it doesn't agree with.

The effort, which includes a video and planned Monday tweetstorm, takes aim at SPLC's so-called "hate map" which identifies groups it says promotes hate and extremism. It includes groups like the Ku Klux Klan, but also conservative nonprofits that promote traditional marriage, enforcement of immigration laws, and other policies it doesn't agree with.

The campaign, revealed to Secrets, is being led by the Washington-based Family Research Council, the social conservative policy giant whose entrance guard was shot in 2012 by a man inspired by SPLC's hate map that listed FRC as an anti-gay "hate" group.

"Despite SPLC's baggage — which also includes connections to two liberal gunmen – they continue to be cited as a credible source by mainstream media and others....

Continued: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/exclusive-conservatives-launch-war-on-southern-poverty-law-center-promotes-terrorism/article/2628801

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The SPLC has been briefing the government on who is and who isn't a 'hate group' since the Clinton Administration. That's when the whole 'right wing christian domestic terrorist' crap started, and it is still going.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
The general public seems to be slowly catching on to the fact that a very small percentage of key figures play a very large role in shaping policy, public opinion and the "news" they spoon feed us every day.  The David Brock's of the world are finding it increasingly difficult to hide in the shadows.  What remains to be seen is what will be done about it.