Author Topic: Why did we elect a Republican Congress?  (Read 1284 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why did we elect a Republican Congress?
« on: July 15, 2017, 01:26:33 pm »
July 15, 2017
Why did we elect a Republican Congress?
By J. Marsolo

Obama and the Democrats passed Obamacare without any Republican votes on a slick parliamentary move by Harry Reid.  Republicans vowed to repeal Obamacare.  Next, Obamacare was saved by the vote of Justice Roberts when he decided that it is constitutional as a tax even though Obama and the Dems did not pass it as a tax.  Republicans again vowed to repeal Obamacare.

Republicans said Obamacare is designed to fail so we end up with a single-payer system.  The passage of Obamacare energized the Republican base, leading to a Tea Party, and a revival of conservative politics.   We won the House in 2010 and have retained it since.  We won the Senate in 2012 and have retained it since.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/07/why_did_we_elect_a_republican_congress.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Why did we elect a Republican Congress?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 01:44:47 pm »
Because of 'hope'. America took them at their word. But so far, the Republicans have been nothing but duplicitous liars. They have no intention of doing anything.

All the Republicans are interested in is drawing a salary, keep getting their kickbacks, and getting reelected. America and the American people, mean nothing to them. They only want to get whatever they can get for themselves for as long as they can make it last. Then they and their family will retire as multimillionaires, and screw everybody else.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 01:46:26 pm »
Mostly because they are not democrats and most thought they would behave differently!  A notion they are rapidly putting to rest!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 01:31:30 am »
"Why did we elect a Republican Congress?"

Because we believed that once elected, they would DO something.

We... were wrong.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 01:41:08 am »
Because the American people want to believe the lie.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 01:52:27 am »
Because of 'hope'. America took them at their word. But so far, the Republicans have been nothing but duplicitous liars. They have no intention of doing anything.

All the Republicans are interested in is drawing a salary, keep getting their kickbacks, and getting reelected. America and the American people, mean nothing to them. They only want to get whatever they can get for themselves for as long as they can make it last. Then they and their family will retire as multimillionaires, and screw everybody else.

You know, it actually hurts me to say this. As demented, perverted, and misguided as the Democrats are, at least they have a mission. Democrats have hardcore goals that they will do anything to achieve. "By any means necessary" is their cult chant. That is spirit. That is passion.

Republicans on the other hand do not seem to have any 'passion' about anything. They are not driven by any mission. They seem to sort of amble along maintaining the status-quo at any cost. Republicans don't want to do anything about anything. Stall, delay, kabuki theater, more stalling, then vacation, speeches, committees, then more debate, more stalling, more debate, more committees, more speeches, vacation again, ... and on and on and on. And nothing ever gets done.

I have no love or respect for Democrats, but you have to give the Devil his due. They run circles around Republicans with their fire, their passion, and their motivation. It is shame. But it is true.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:53:46 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 02:02:29 am »
There are small numbers of problem Senators in the GOP. (same for the House)

Everybody knows this, and no amount of repetition, changes it.

Cruz is NOT the same as Collins. Simplistic blanket derision of them all, is not logical, reasonable, or constructive.

Focus. On. The. Problem.  Just a few of them.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 02:22:17 am »
A team is judged by wins vs. losses. Why?, is a secondary consideration.

It doesn't matter if the Jets lose because of one or two players. What matters is that they lose. What matters for the team and their fans is that they never win.

Why would anyone bet on a losing team, regardless of the reasons why they lose? If they lose, then they lose. End of story.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 03:07:22 am »
Focus. On. The. Problem.  Just a few of them.

That right there is your problem.

It's NOT just a 'few' of them.

It is the entire party and institution.

The rot of corruption and crony fascism is total and complete.

You are never getting rid of it playing by rules they have created to ensure their power and corruption continues in perpetuity.

Call it The Deep State, call it the Oligarchy, call it Uniparty.... it doesn't matter if you want to keep practicing insanity, nothing is going to change.

Not when you are stuck voting a two-party shell game you have convinced yourself is the only way to preserve liberty. Not when your choices are choosing between Leftist Democrats or Liberal Republicans pretending to be Conservatives.  Not when corruption is institutionalized and the majority of the people in this country WANT what is anathema to the survival of liberty.

Hell, we cannot even agree among ourselves what the definition of liberty is as we argue whether principles are even necessary or if those foundations need to be declared an enemy of the good.

The 'good' being compromise that gets you 10% or less of the promise of liberty's retention and 90% Statism redressed in GOP approvals.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 04:41:19 am »
That right there is your problem.

It's NOT just a 'few' of them.

It is the entire party and institution.

The rot of corruption and crony fascism is total and complete.

You are never getting rid of it playing by rules they have created to ensure their power and corruption continues in perpetuity.

Call it The Deep State, call it the Oligarchy, call it Uniparty.... it doesn't matter if you want to keep practicing insanity, nothing is going to change.

Not when you are stuck voting a two-party shell game you have convinced yourself is the only way to preserve liberty. Not when your choices are choosing between Leftist Democrats or Liberal Republicans pretending to be Conservatives.  Not when corruption is institutionalized and the majority of the people in this country WANT what is anathema to the survival of liberty.

Hell, we cannot even agree among ourselves what the definition of liberty is as we argue whether principles are even necessary or if those foundations need to be declared an enemy of the good.

The 'good' being compromise that gets you 10% or less of the promise of liberty's retention and 90% Statism redressed in GOP approvals. 

Isn't there a local political arena or forum where you could spend 24/7 educating real, live illiterates about all they do not know or understand?  It might be a more rewarding way to spend this time ... as opposed to spending it here.

Just a suggestion ... :shrug:

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 04:48:08 am »
Isn't there a local political arena or forum where you could spend 24/7 educating real, live illiterates about all they do not know or understand?  It might be a more rewarding way to spend this time ... as opposed to spending it here.

@Right_in_Virginia

That's always a good way to shut down debate, suggest the poster quit infecting minds here and instead clean windshields on the 405 or some such, I like that, it's kinda like your buddy @DCPatriot admonishing me to 'get a life' which I'm sure you agree with.   
      Our Life is here polluting the minds of thoughtless trumpers, get over it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:48:35 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 04:56:11 am »

Just continue to keep working on the owners to try and get those of us who do not genuflect Trump banned so you can have yet another Trump Safe Space that you so desperately want this board to be.

Because until such time, I intend to stay here on this local political forum 24/7,  posting my opinions to the absolute disgust and revulsion of real live GOP Party hacks like yourself.

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 05:05:15 am »
      If these trumpers are correct about this being such a heavily biased #nevertrump place with mods to boot, I'm doing something wrong cause I sure catch a lot of hell.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 05:10:23 am »
Just continue to keep working on the owners to try and get those of us who do not genuflect Trump banned so you can have yet another Trump Safe Space that you so desperately want this board to be.

Because until such time, I intend to stay here on this local political forum 24/7,  posting my opinions to the absolute disgust and revulsion of real live GOP Party hacks like yourself.

All things considered, I just find it odd that such a family man as yourself would sit 24 hours a day preaching to a computer screen @INVAR

But, hey, whatever works for you and yours.  Could even be they appreciate it more than I do.   :laugh:

Keep posting, Invar, you're a national treasure and we're blessed to have you (hope "blessed" isn't sacrilegious)

Good night.   :seeya:

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 05:16:26 am »
   @Right_in_Virginia

That's always a good way to shut down debate ...

Not shutting down debate @corbe.  In fact, I'm a little starved for actual debate here lately--on issues and policy, not personalities -- there's more than enough of that. 

I was simply questioning why someone with such passion doesn't split the hours in a day between a computer screen and actual humans....spreading all the good news and dire warnings to both.   It doesn't make sense to me.  So I asked.   :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 06:06:25 am »
All things considered, I just find it odd that such a family man as yourself would sit 24 hours a day preaching to a computer screen

When you're self employed; work from a computer; your kids are all growed up and on their own; the wife is on a travel assignment; I don't get the grandkids until Tuesdays and Thursdays; and the next mission trip isn't until next Spring - I have plenty of time to do everything I do, and drive you absolutely bonkers in fits of irritable froth.

In between postings I even have time to build and light model kits and tend several acres of hilly backwoods.

Keep posting, Invar, you're a national treasure and we're blessed to have you (hope "blessed" isn't sacrilegious)

How disappointing, and here I was content to be seen as a national irritant and regarded as a forum curse.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 02:51:44 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ClCpfeIELw

It is a beautiful Sunday morning. I have a wonderful breakfast before me. Next week, I will amazing things. The stock market is going interstellar.

I am encouraged about life, and what is to come very soon. It is all a matter of perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

We're all in this thing together. And nobody gets out alive.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 09:30:47 pm »
"Why did we elect a Republican Congress?"

Because we believed that once elected, they would DO something.

We... were wrong.
Or undo something, as the case may (and, in a lot more instances than just ObamaCare, should) be.

I used to say it all the time but it bears repeating: the road to Damnocratic hell is paved with Republican't
good intentions.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 09:48:41 pm »
Not shutting down debate @corbe.  In fact, I'm a little starved for actual debate here lately--on issues and policy, not personalities -- there's more than enough of that. 

I was simply questioning why someone with such passion doesn't split the hours in a day between a computer screen and actual humans....spreading all the good news and dire warnings to both.   It doesn't make sense to me.  So I asked.   :shrug:

You sound unhappy with the quality of discussion on TBR....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 12:47:46 am »
Because there is no viable small government party in the US and a Democrat Congress would have been even worse.

Next question...
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.