Author Topic: Does this photo prove Amelia Earhart SURVIVED crash landing and was captured by the Japanese ? New image 'shows aviator boarding ship on Pacific island' AFTER she vanished  (Read 2165 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Does this photo prove Amelia Earhart SURVIVED crash landing and was captured by the Japanese ? New image 'shows aviator boarding ship on Pacific island' AFTER she vanished

A new image appears to show Amelia Earhart preparing to board a boat in the Marshall Islands after she vanished from the sky in 1937
    The legendary aviatress was last heard from on July 2 of that year, noting the poor visibility and her declining gas levels in a series of transmissions that morning
    She was never seen or head from again after her plane went down near the waters of Howland Island
    The photograph, taken by a US spy working behind enemy lines, shows the pilot and navigator Fred Noonan along with the wreckage of Earhart's plane
    This would mean that Earhart and Noonan were almost certainly taken captive and held as prisoners of war by the Japanese after surviving the crash
    It also means that the government was aware that Earhart was taken captive, claims that will be explored this Sunday on the History special 'Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence'

By Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:40 EDT, 5 July 2017 | Updated: 11:23 EDT, 5 July 2017

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4667854/Photo-proves-Amelia-Earhart-SURVIVED-crash-landing.html
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:42:43 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

As much as they want to prove otherwise.... She was fish food.

Besides, it is a "History" channel production.   
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:58:57 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Wingnut

Oh yeah, that's clearly her. *****rollingeyes*****

Only the history channel can take a blurry and doctored photo and turn it into a 90 minute Al Copone's vault type show.

Was Geraldo not available for narration work?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:07:34 pm by Wingnut »

Offline endicom

Why, I'd know her anywhere. And if that ain't anywhere then where is it?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:05:19 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

As much as they want to prove otherwise.... She was fish food.

Besides, it is a "History" channel production.

Considering she, or rather she and her navigator, were making their way across a huge expanse of open ocean in a 1930s vintage aircraft and were reportedly broadcasting signals indicating distress this is as good a place as any to evoke Occams Razor.

She augered in.

Wingnut

Considering she, or rather she and her navigator, were making their way across a huge expanse of open ocean in a 1930s vintage aircraft and were reportedly broadcasting signals indicating distress this is as good a place as any to evoke Occams Razor.

She augered in.

I first heard the term "augered in" from a f-4 phantom pilot who taught me flight ground school to get my instrument rating.  He also was fond of "Crash and Burn"  which was often preceded by...  If you do that...you will Auger in and

It always seemed redundant to those of us in class.  We kinda figured if you "augered in" a "crash and burn" was your only option!

Offline skeeter

I first heard the term "augered in" from a f-4 phantom pilot who taught me flight ground school to get my instrument rating.  He also was fond of "Crash and Burn"  which was often preceded by...  If you do that...you will Auger in and

It always seemed redundant to those of us in class.  We kinda figured if you "augered in" a "crash and burn" was your only option!

A dated term from the era of propeller driven flight. I wonder if they still use it?

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
I don't find the photo compelling, but I find this claim more credible than anything from TIGHAR.  :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Wingnut

A dated term from the era of propeller driven flight. I wonder if they still use it?

I think so.  Well at least thu the 90's.  A guy in the same class was an F-111 pilot and he was using it in his squadron in RAF Hereford, Mt. Home Idaho and Clovis NM when they were F-111 bases.   But then he may have just propagated its usage.  Maybe @EC knows.  He fly's for the "otherside"

Offline skeeter

Earhart's plane had twin vertical stabilizers which were quite a bit smaller than the one we can see in the photo. JIMO.

And where would this picture have been taken? Several ships picking up radio signals put Earhart in the vicinity of Howland Island and low on fuel. Its not as if she could've landed anywhere else.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 01:32:20 am by skeeter »

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
Did a search on his name of course, TIGHAR describes him as "Majuro-based amateur historian" and "Majuro-based diver". ( https://tighar.org/Projects/Devastator/surveyamerican2.htm+Matthew+B.+Holly+TIGHAR&hl=&ct=clnk )

OTOH:

[snip] Holly said evidence presented by TIGHAR and the group that focuses on Mili Atoll in the Marshalls "both have serious flaws." [/snip] -- http://www.mvariety.com/regional-news/96730-world-war-ii-expert-disputes-date-of-new-earhart-photo

It appears he's merely the only English speaking person living there who is available and/or willing to give a quote.

Marshall Islands-based military expert casts doubt on Earhart photo claims
AFP-JIJI
Jul 10, 2017
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/07/10/national/history/marshall-islands-based-military-expert-casts-doubt-earhart-photo-claims/

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
[snip] The documentary is hosted by former FBI Executive Assistant Director Shawn Henry, whose fascination with the case is equaled by former U.S. Treasury Agent Les Kinney, who discovered the photo hidden and mislabeled in the U.S. National Archives.

In the documentary, that photo is subjected to facial-recognition and other forensic testing. It is judged authentic, and likely that of Earhart and Noonan.

The film also displays plane parts found in an uninhabited island of the Marshall Islands by Earhart investigator Dick Spink that are consistent with the aircraft that Earhart was flying on her round-the-world attempt. And it hears from the last living eyewitness who claims to have seen Earhart and Noonan after their crash. [/snip]

-- http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/07/06/national/history/film-claims-amelia-earhart-crashed-marshalls-taken-prisoner-japan-u-s-knew/

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
Earhart's plane had twin vertical stabilizers which were quite a bit smaller than the one we can see in the photo. JIMO.
Thanks skeeter.  The photo of the plane isn't too good, either.
And where would this picture have been taken? Several ships picking up radio signals put Earhart in the vicinity of Howland Island and low on fuel. Its not as if she could've landed anywhere else.
That Holly fellow agreed with the author of the theory, and stated that the location of the picture is obvious, hasn't changed much, there's a photo of it from the current day in that linked article. One of the problems she had (besides the fact that she was, as it were, in over her head) was only leaving her radio on long enough to broadcast, so no triangulated fix could be made to help them figure out a correction to their calculated position.

Offline Cripplecreek

Thanks skeeter.  The photo of the plane isn't too good, either.That Holly fellow agreed with the author of the theory, and stated that the location of the picture is obvious, hasn't changed much, there's a photo of it from the current day in that linked article. One of the problems she had (besides the fact that she was, as it were, in over her head) was only leaving her radio on long enough to broadcast, so no triangulated fix could be made to help them figure out a correction to their calculated position.

From what I've read, she was not nearly the spectacular pilot popular history makes her out to be.

Offline skeeter

Thanks skeeter.  The photo of the plane isn't too good, either.That Holly fellow agreed with the author of the theory, and stated that the location of the picture is obvious, hasn't changed much, there's a photo of it from the current day in that linked article. One of the problems she had (besides the fact that she was, as it were, in over her head) was only leaving her radio on long enough to broadcast, so no triangulated fix could be made to help them figure out a correction to their calculated position.

It may be that she was 700+ miles due east of her last estimated reported position but if she were anywhere at all within the vicinity of Howland Island and low on fuel there's no way she could've made it all to the Marshalls. The Electra's normal range was about that far and had a max speed of 200 mph.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
From what I've read, she was not nearly the spectacular pilot popular history makes her out to be.
That's been my impression as well.  She married a sugar daddy who enabled her flying habit.  Had she actually survived and succeeded in her attempt, she'd have become a marble model, and probably have spent decades lecturing everyone about feminism.

Offline Cripplecreek

That's been my impression as well.  She married a sugar daddy who enabled her flying habit.  Had she actually survived and succeeded in her attempt, she'd have become a marble model, and probably have spent decades lecturing everyone about feminism.

Annie Oakley on the other hand was the real deal. She met and defeated Frank Butler who was considered to be the best. They became friends and later married. Butler soon stepped out of the limelight to let his wife shine with him acting as her manager, promoter, and assistant till his death.

Feminist ideology doesn't like to acknowledge the men like Frank Butlerwho had no problem stepping aside for women who were superior at their craft. It was far more common than popular history wants to acknowledge.

My great grandfather signed his family farm over to my great grandmother as sole owner so she could decide what happened with it while he was away for months at a stretch working as a surveyor and electrical lineman in the upper peninsula. After a year of that granny decided that she didn't want to be a farmer, my great grandfather had never wanted to be a farmer and they didn't want the kids to be farmers. She sold te farm, bought a house in our tiny hometown and sent my grandfather a letter telling him she sold the farm and told him where she bought a house. She got a letter back saying that it sounds like she got a fair price for the farm and an even better deal on the house and that he would be home in 6 weeks.

Horrifying oppression of women eh?