Author Topic: Pictured: the remains of a Stone Age fish supper from 8,000 years ago  (Read 527 times)

rangerrebew

Pictured: the remains of a Stone Age fish supper from 8,000 years ago
By The Siberian Times reporter
12 July 2017

Mesolithic meal found at site on the Lena River in Yakutia whets the appetite of local archeologists.

The remarkable discovery includes the skeletons of three fish of different size, and four floats or bobbers - presumably used with nets for the catch - made from rolled birch bark which is still intact after eight millennia.

Historian Prokopiy Nagovitsyn said proudly:'I was the first one to touch these food remains of the Mesolithic people who lived here approximately 8,000 years ago. These were the Sumnagin people, fishermen who likely used nets because next to three skeletons there were floats.

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/pictured-the-remains-of-a-stone-age-fish-supper-from-8000-years-ago/
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:37:31 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Suppressed

Historian Prokopiy Nagovitsyn said proudly:'I was the first one to touch these food remains . . .

Thanks, dude, for contaminating the evidence.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn