Author Topic: WOW! Fake News AP: ‘If North Korea Sent Missiles Towards US Should the US Shoot Them Down?’  (Read 674 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WOW! Fake News AP: ‘If North Korea Sent Missiles Towards US Should the US Shoot Them Down?’

Cristina Laila Aug 10th, 2017 11:07 pm

U.S. intelligence officials have concluded North Korea has successfully produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead. The ‘Hermit Kingdom’ is officially a nuclear power.

Following President Trump’s warning North Korea over further provocations, the Hermit Kingdom has announced it is considering striking Guam.

The North Korean military warned it may carry out a “preemptive operation once the US shows signs of provocation”, and that it is “seriously considering a strategy to strike Guam with mid-to-long range missiles.”

more
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08/wow-fake-news-ap-north-korea-sent-missiles-towards-us-us-shoot/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
WOW!

I don't know where Jim Hoft gets 'fake news' from this. The analysis from the AP is pretty thought out in regards to if the NORK missiles have the navigational capability and what would happen if we shot them down over another country's territory or what would happen if we miss (embolden Lil'Kim to keep going).

https://apnews.com/839865501c6e4d8084c5f5258fb7f656/Pyongyang-challenge:-Should-US-shoot-Kim's-missiles-down?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Hoft's site is getting worse than Weekly World News. If they even get the slightest hint they don't like another story they scream 'fake'. Even a dry analysis story like the aforementioned AP's article.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:02:32 pm by AbaraXas »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hoft's site is getting worse than Weekly World News. If they even get the slightest hint they don't like another story they scream 'fake'. Even a dry analysis story like the aforementioned AP's article.

Agreed...I really wanted to change his headline....they are sometimes over the top.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Agreed...I really wanted to change his headline....they are sometimes over the top.

I posted the AP's article as its own thread. Worth the discussion separation from the sensationalism. It is good to keep this one just as an example of tabloidism.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
WOW!

I don't know where Jim Hoft gets 'fake news' from this. The analysis from the AP is pretty thought out in regards to if the NORK missiles have the navigational capability and what would happen if we shot them down over another country's territory.

https://apnews.com/839865501c6e4d8084c5f5258fb7f656/Pyongyang-challenge:-Should-US-shoot-Kim's-missiles-down?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

That's what I got out of it too.

Obviously we would want to shoot them down if they were going to hit populated American territory but care must still be taken. Back during Gulf War 1 there were concerns and complaints about where Iraqi SCUDs were falling after being hit by Patriot missiles.

Most likely any missiles NK would launch would be unarmed anyway. Allowing one to reach American territorial waters might be a good thing in the sense that you then have clear evidence of him firing on America.

There is nothing wrong with looking at the possible scenarios.

Offline Suppressed

Most likely any missiles NK would launch would be unarmed anyway. Allowing one to reach American territorial waters might be a good thing in the sense that you then have clear evidence of him firing on America.

Yes, but you are sensible, @Cripplecreek, not sensationalist.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:09:37 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's what I got out of it too.

Obviously we would want to shoot them down if they were going to hit populated American territory but care must still be taken. Back during Gulf War 1 there were concerns and complaints about where Iraqi SCUDs were falling after being hit by Patriot missiles.

Just as an aside...the scuds that Saddam had were poorly maintained hence the reason they were losing parts even as they launched.

The original Patriot systems weren't meant as a missile intercept weapon...they were strictly for aircraft.  Their warhead was a proximity type which exploded near an aircraft showering it with shrapnel instead of making direct contact...another cause for the wide debris fields.

Since then they have developed warheads for the Patriot system that are purpose built for BMD that cut down on the pollible collateral damage on the ground from the destruction of an incoming missile.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

Yes, but you are sensible, @Cripplecreek, not sensationalist.

I don't know why people have chosen to believe that Lil Kim is pointlessly suicidal.

I think he would use one only once he saw the end of his regime looming on the horizon and all hope is lost. He might try to launch a couple but I suspect he would primarily use them on the ground in NK in order to deny the territory to anyone.

Offline dfwgator

I don't know why people have chosen to believe that Lil Kim is pointlessly suicidal.

I think he would use one only once he saw the end of his regime looming on the horizon and all hope is lost. He might try to launch a couple but I suspect he would primarily use them on the ground in NK in order to deny the territory to anyone.

I still think it's "The Mouse the Roared"....lose the war, and get billions of dollars from the US to rebuild, and for China,  get the US troops out of the Korean Peninsula.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I still think it's "The Mouse the Roared"....lose the war, and get billions of dollars from the US to rebuild, and for China,  get the US troops out of the Korean Peninsula.

Ha..my husband says the same thing..it's all about the money...not sure if I agree with him
Support the USO

Offline Cripplecreek

Personally I think we've been taking their missiles down for some time now. The laser systems have shown a great deal of promise despite Obama ending the airborne laser program. The land and sea based systems are still being tested.

If its at all feasible I'd like to see Trump restart the airborne program since it seemed to be specifically designed to deal with ICBMs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_YAL-1