Author Topic: Media Fail: Just 9% of Rs Think Team Trump Colluded w/ Russia (Down from 18% in April)  (Read 477 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Media Fail: Just 9% of Rs Think Team Trump Colluded w/ Russia (Down from 18% in April)
Breitbart, Jul 16, 2017

Republicans may be consolidating behind President Donald Trump—and against the legacy media—the more the establishment press sensationalize their Russia coverage.

Despite the legacy media’s wall-to-wall coverage of various Russia-related “scandals” involving President Donald Trump’s associates since April, “the number of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents who think that the Russians sought to influence the election, and that the Trump team intentionally helped them,” has plummeted from 18 percent in April to nine percent, according to the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll released on Sunday.

The poll was conducted July 10-13. Partisan divisions in the poll were “35-23-35 percent, Democrats-Republicans-independents.” Its margin of error is +/- 3.5 percentage points.

More: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/16/just-nine-percent-republicans-think-trump-russia-collusion-abc-wash-post-poll/

Oceander

Republicans consolidated behind Nixon, until the truth became too painfully obvious.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Republicans consolidated behind Nixon, until the truth became too painfully obvious.

Democrats consolidated behind the Clintons, despite the truth becoming painfully obvious.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

Democrats consolidated behind the Clintons, despite the truth becoming painfully obvious.

/snicker

Offline Concerned

I’ve said for months that I doubt there’s any material collusion between Trump principals and the Russians.  Assuming that’s true, it just makes the lies, omissions, and deceptions that much more stupid (at least IMO).  From the git-go, I think the Administration should have condemned any involvement by the Russians in interfering with our election; and indicated they’d cooperate fully with the investigation, but state they’re going to refuse to comment further publicly because they’re focused on working hard on behalf of the American people. 

Instead we get self-inflicted wound after self-inflicted wound (e.g., meetings not disclosed, tweets that Obama “wiretapped” him, Comey “tapes” tweets, changing and/or misleading stories, etc.).    As The Donald might tweet:  “Sad”. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Some of us are still trying to figure out what Nixon did that was a hanging crime ... particularly after some of the people who followed him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I’ve said for months that I doubt there’s any material collusion between Trump principals and the Russians.  Assuming that’s true, it just makes the lies, omissions, and deceptions that much more stupid (at least IMO).  From the git-go, I think the Administration should have condemned any involvement by the Russians in interfering with our election; and indicated they’d cooperate fully with the investigation, but state they’re going to refuse to comment further publicly because they’re focused on working hard on behalf of the American people. 

Instead we get self-inflicted wound after self-inflicted wound (e.g., meetings not disclosed, tweets that Obama “wiretapped” him, Comey “tapes” tweets, changing and/or misleading stories, etc.).    As The Donald might tweet:  “Sad”.

I nominate you to be one of Trump's main advisors.  Do you think he'd listen to you?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Concerned

I nominate you to be one of Trump's main advisors.  Do you think he'd listen to you?

No I don't think he'd listen to me, and worse yet, I suspect he has trusted advisers who are already telling him these things and he's ignoring them.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.