Author Topic: UAE slams Al-Jazeera for anti-Semitism, inciting hate  (Read 327 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
UAE slams Al-Jazeera for anti-Semitism, inciting hate
« on: July 12, 2017, 05:24:11 pm »
UAE slams Al-Jazeera for anti-Semitism, inciting hate

Foreign Affairs minister Anwar Gargash accused the broadcaster of promoting 'anti-Semitic violence'

Wednesday 12 July 2017 16:42 UTC

A top UAE official on Wednesday accused Qatari broadcast giant Al-Jazeera of anti-Semitism, discrimination and inciting religious hate, in a rebuttal to UN accusations of attacking freedom of expression.

The United Nations has warned that demands that Qatar close Al-Jazeera by a rival Saudi Arabian-led alliance, which includes the UAE, violate basic freedoms.

The United Arab Emirates' state minister for foreign affairs, Anwar Gargash, hit back in a letter to UN rights chief Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein.

In it, Gargash wrote that Al-Jazeera had "promoted anti-Semitic violence by broadcasting sermons by the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, Yusuf al-Qaradawi".

Qaradawi, he added, had "praised Hitler, described the Holocaust as 'divine punishment', and called on Allah to 'take this oppressive, Jewish, Zionist band of people... and kill them, down to the very last one'".

The letter was published in a statement from the UAE National Media Council.

Continued: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/uae-slams-al-jazeera-anti-semitism-inciting-hate-935639922

If one reads the remaining story, Al Jazeera published a story criticizing a prominent Emirati (UAE) cleric of anti-Semitism.   So, what a circle we are seeing here. I'm sure there is quite a bit anywhere in the Arab world at the least.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
Re: UAE slams Al-Jazeera for anti-Semitism, inciting hate
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 03:59:58 pm »
[snip] The United Nations has warned that demands that Qatar close Al-Jazeera... violate basic freedoms.
This is the same UN which does everything it can to nurture a terrorist pseudostate and pseudo-nationality in "Palestine', which is run by criminal gangs.

...Al-Jazeera had "promoted anti-Semitic violence by broadcasting sermons by the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, Yusuf al-Qaradawi". Qaradawi, he added, had "praised Hitler, described the Holocaust as 'divine punishment', and called on Allah to 'take this oppressive, Jewish, Zionist band of people... and kill them, down to the very last one'". [/snip]
The same UN that elected a former "I know nothing!" Wehrmacht officer and blatant liar to Sec'y General, who then invited Yesser Arafat to address the body, which Arafat did while wearing one of his used pistols on his hip.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert