Author Topic: Democrats Hatch Plans A, B, and C to Impeach Trump  (Read 554 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats Hatch Plans A, B, and C to Impeach Trump
« on: July 16, 2017, 12:14:20 pm »
Democrats Hatch Plans A, B, and C to Impeach Trump

Fred Lucas / @FredLucasWH / July 10, 2017 / comments

It’s a movement that began before President Donald Trump was sworn into office and the drive for impeachment has gone through many iterations.

“They don’t even have low crimes and misdemeanors,” Ken Boehm says.

The earliest rationale was the Constitution’s “emoluments clause,” which came amid loose talk of the Trump campaign’s alleged collusion with Russia and emerged as the dominant theme. In lieu of a smoking gun in the Russian matter, the prevailing justification became that Trump tried to obstruct an FBI probe of his former national security adviser.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/07/10/democrats-hatch-plans-a-b-and-c-to-impeach-trump/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Top5&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTnpabFl6azBNRGN3TlRWaiIsInQiOiJwTGRzdHlLbnlXZlg3dnlPZ3hqdVhYeHljVm9WeVdaTzQ0T3lVRHI3bWxIcGFQRWhOXC9TNFBvSXMweDc1cTVRaDNaa2tha012c29jdTNUZXJMcFcyN3FXcXBVa01xemJsU2U1NlpcL3hhQ3pBbFYzdTRad0UrRm53MTMweWttSFFtIn0%3D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:15:45 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Victoria33

Re: Democrats Hatch Plans A, B, and C to Impeach Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 01:13:56 pm »
Impeachment could happen to this president by:

1.  Proven "Obstruction of Justice" (this was one of the charges against Bill Clinton)
2.  25th Amendment, Section 4
Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 01:27:33 pm »
One wonders if the Democrats have truly thought out the consequences of "President Mike Pence".

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 01:37:29 pm »
One wonders if the Democrats have truly thought out the consequences of "President Mike Pence".
@Oceander

What are the consequences of Mike Pence as president?  I ask this as a real question.  What can you tell me about Mike Pence?  Are you saying he would be a good president or a bad president?  I have not checked the background of this man.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 01:43:02 pm »
@Oceander

What are the consequences of Mike Pence as president?  I ask this as a real question.  What can you tell me about Mike Pence?  Are you saying he would be a good president or a bad president?  I have not checked the background of this man.

I have no doubt he would be much better than Trump.  That being said, he wouldn't be the left's cup of tea.  And he'd be more likely to get actual stuff done - as opposed to endless twitter feuds.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 01:52:24 pm »
I have no doubt he would be much better than Trump.  That being said, he wouldn't be the left's cup of tea.  And he'd be more likely to get actual stuff done - as opposed to endless twitter feuds.
@Oceander

That is what I thought but not having read his life history, I knew I could be wrong.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 01:58:51 pm »
@Oceander

That is what I thought but not having read his life history, I knew I could be wrong.

Keep in mind, Trump has set a rather low bar.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 02:04:18 pm »
Meh. Not a fan of the Trumps but I still don't see an impeachable offense.