Author Topic: New GOP health bill lacks the votes to pass  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: New GOP health bill lacks the votes to pass
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 03:42:29 am »
@Right_in_Virginia This time it was a dig at Congress, but truthfully digs at both are easy and well deserved.

Oh, good ... you saw my reply.  I thought I was going to  modify, but hit remove by mistake.

Thanks!!   @RoosGirl

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 03:44:38 am »
Lady, you know full well what I meant with that comment. Or do you not remember that the republican congress repealed obamacare previously to no effect?  Now why was that?!
That was back when the GOP knew Obama was around to VETO the repeal.  I'm looking forward to the second act of this failure.  A GOP that can't pass a repeal they passed 74 times (give or take) before.  ***suicide***

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 03:44:59 am »
Between the President's dinner with the Senators, his tweet and McConnell's update it appears full repeal is a coordinated plan.
@INVAR --- Thought this would interest you.

I'm not so impressed with Trump's dinner guests, he might as well had Schumer and his hordes of flying monkeys at the table given that pathetic lot....

HOWEVER....

I AM hopeful that they will indeed take up the 2015 FULL REPEAL bill and pass the damn thing.  End the mandates now - give time for the market to readjust, and figure out something else to shore up Medicare to handle the boondoggle already most of Obamacare's clients have been shoved into.

Thx for the head's up.

Now would be a good time for Trump to begin a Tweet storm trying to gin the public up to pressure the Senate to repeal this monstrosity.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:46:08 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 03:46:16 am »
New GOP health bill lacks the votes to pass

At least they have stopped calling it a repeal bill.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 03:47:39 am »
Sen Cruz has the solution if the senate is so hell bent on saving obamacare. In fact his solution satisfies conservatives and most moderates. Why not attach his amendment to the "mean" House bill and declare victory.

Because Cruz is a Conservative, and McConnell doesn't like him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 03:49:45 am »
I thought the Senator's amendment was included.

If the Cruz Amendment were included, then Obamacare would end for the vast majority of Americans.  McConnell doesn't want to end Obamacare.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-