Author Topic: Testicles on menu: Will Vice President Mike Pence try at Nevada fundraiser?  (Read 793 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Testicles on menu: Will Vice President Mike Pence try at Nevada fundraiser?
Siobhan McAndrew, Reno (Nev.) Gazette-Journal Published 5:17 a.m. MT July 15, 2017 | Updated 5:17 a.m. MT July 15, 2017
AP CONGRESS HEALTH CARE A USA DC

(Photo: Alex Brandon, AP)
220 CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 62 COMMENTEMAILMORE

RENO, Nev. — Vice President Mike Pence will get the opportunity to try lamb testicle at what has become an annual fundraiser for conservative causes, candidates and organizations at a ranch in Gardnerville, Nev.

Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt said Pence is the featured guest for Mornings In Nevada PAC’s Annual Basque Fry at Corley Ranch on Aug. 26.

“We are truly excited for Nevada to welcome Vice President Mike Pence to this year’s third Annual Basque Fry event,” Laxalt said. “This has truly become the grassroots event for Nevada conservatives and Republicans, attracting residents from all 17 counties.”

Pence will be part of a line up of entertainment and other speakers, according to organizers.

A Basque Fry is traditional stew with the main ingredient being lamb testicle.

Continued: http://www.ruidosonews.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/07/15/testicles-menu-mike-pence-try-nevada-fundraiser/481668001/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Why not?

I've never really understood the aversion in the US to offal. Some of the best, most flavorful parts of an animal are the organs and 'cut off' parts.

Ok, caveat, we do like offal if it is in tube form (aka, sausage).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:30:35 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The article goes on to name a number of the candidates from 2016 having attended in the past along with John Bolton, Tom Cotton and Sheriff David Clarke.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Why not?

I've never really understood the aversion in the US to offal. Some of the best, most flavorful parts of an animal are the organs and 'cut off' parts.

Ok, caveat, we do like offal if it is in tube form (aka, sausage).

The thought of it is sickening to me, but whatever.  I hope he doesn't eat it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fantom

Organ meat is fine, but offal ..as in menudo...intestine...not so much.

I love heart, liver, testes.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass