Author Topic: New Senate Healthcare Bill Will Include Cruz ‘Consumer Choice’ Amendment  (Read 3683 times)

Online corbe

I share your concern @Frank Cannon Trump and the GOp don't like Mo Brooks, the Conservative in the upcoming election to replace Sessions and instead are backing Judge Roy Moore.

Don't get me wrong Moore's OK but your Stew Theory shines a whole new light on this.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Don't get me wrong Moore's OK but your Stew Theory shines a whole new light on this.

See how vast the Beef Stew Illuminati (commonly known as the "Meat Heads") conspiracy goes?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
   I will not post that meme I found of Sen. Cruz wearing pink panties, I've not exactly been thrilled with him since his endorsement of all things Trump, but hey, he's all I got right now unless @Emjay or @INVAR runs for national office.

What in the world did I ever say to you that would warrant such a horrible suggestion upon my person?

I want nothing to do with even the thought of polluting myself with seeking political office.

Nor should you upset the stomachs of everyone who would be horrified and sickened by the suggestion.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:18:03 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
If you like your stew you can keep your stew

Online corbe

Dude, I like your attitude, I would vote for you anytime for anything. @INVAR

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rodamala

Dude, I like your attitude, I would vote for you anytime for anything. @INVAR

@INVAR
@corbe

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Got it covered.
   By this Bill, I mean anything that has any semblance of the Cruz/Lee Consumer Choice Amendment in it. I don't believe Mitch can get the 50 votes with this Amendment even though it just came to light he gave Murkowski $100B.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,271652.0.html

OK, @bilo ?

I hope I lose this bet but I don't trust the Mitchster at all.  I'm not even sure he wants the bill to pass and I'm afraid he might sabotage it at the last minute by removing key parts of the Cruz Amendment.

BTW ... it's gonna be a while before we know on the bet so you'd better put it in your memo book.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
   I'll put $20 in Myst's tip jar, above my already monthly to help her run this site, if this thing is EVER voted on, any takers?

*****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
*****rollingeyes*****

I'm already in deep to Corbe ... well, actually to Myst via Corbe.  I could hedge my bet by taking your challenge.

At least I think I could ... Corbe got me so confused I don't even know what my bet was now, but I think I lose if the bill comes to the floor, is voted on and passes.

Online corbe

I'm already in deep to Corbe ... well, actually to Myst via Corbe.  I could hedge my bet by taking your challenge.

At least I think I could ... Corbe got me so confused I don't even know what my bet was now, but I think I lose if the bill comes to the floor, is voted on and passes.

@Emjay My original bet with @bilo was that the Cruz/Lee Amendment will never be voted on, McConnell will strip it out to even get close to 50 votes and even then he won't have them, so if my theory holds, this latest rendition of HealthCare whack-a-mole is as likely to be passed as well, Trump ripping up that 'bad, bad, bad Iran deal, on day one.

So to summarize: If the Cruz/Lee Consumer Choice Amendment is voted on in the US Senate (in any flavor) I owe the kitty, IF it never receives a vote (tossed by Mitch) you and bilo owe.   Capech?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   @Emjay My original bet with @bilo was that the Cruz/Lee Amendment will never be voted on, McConnell will strip it out to even get close to 50 votes and even then he won't have them, so if my theory holds, this latest rendition of HealthCare whack-a-mole is as likely to be passed as well, Trump ripping up that 'bad, bad, bad Iran deal, on day one.

So to summarize: If the Cruz/Lee Consumer Choice Amendment is voted on in the US Senate (in any flavor) I owe the kitty, IF it never receives a vote (tossed by Mitch) you and bilo owe.   Capech?

Got it!  It's looking more like I'm gonna lose...but at least I'm losing to a good cause ... not the Man down at the bowling alley.

Any ideas on when I should get money ready?  I mean, when will we know?

Online corbe

Got it!  It's looking more like I'm gonna lose...but at least I'm losing to a good cause ... not the Man down at the bowling alley.

Any ideas on when I should get money ready?  I mean, when will we know?

@Emjay

If I'm not mistaken the Vote is tentatively scheduled for next Thursday the 20th, if it is held at all, which I find highly unlikely.  At that point if my assumption is true the Mitch/Cornyn circus show will conclude there is much more important things to do, another omnibus, tax reform (yea right) and the $1T infrastructure bill.
   Before the next ACA open enrollment begins in November the nutless wonders Ryan/McConnell will shore up the exchanges with billions of newly printed money.  IMHO 
   I've been wrong before, on numerous occasions, in fact.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

If I'm not mistaken the Vote is tentatively scheduled for next Thursday the 20th, if it is held at all, which I find highly unlikely.  At that point if my assumption is true the Mitch/Cornyn circus show will conclude there is much more important things to do, another omnibus, tax reform (yea right) and the $1T infrastructure bill.
   Before the next ACA open enrollment begins in November the nutless wonders Ryan/McConnell will shore up the exchanges with billions of newly printed money.  IMHO 
   I've been wrong before, on numerous occasions, in fact.

I hope this is one of those rare occasions when you are wrong  ... but the words "Ryan/McConnell" don't cheer me up much.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If I'm not mistaken the Vote is tentatively scheduled for next Thursday the 20th, if it is held at all, which I find highly unlikely.

Ryan has said he'd 'consider' delaying the August recess for the House, if the Senate delivers.  We'll see on both accounts.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm with you. Lets hope your wrong. I think the Cruz Amendment is our best hope at this point.

If the Pubs fail at this they can say goodbye to their majority. You can't break the biggest promise you've made for 7 years and not pay a price.

The biggest promise made was REPEAL.  Yes, Cruz's amendment opens up the marketplace yet it still maintains part of Obamacare, does it not? I am a huge supporter of Cruz, but full repeal is what was promised. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The biggest promise made was REPEAL.  Yes, Cruz's amendment opens up the marketplace yet it still maintains part of Obamacare, does it not? I am a huge supporter of Cruz, but full repeal is what was promised.

Full 'root and branch' repeal is dead.

The GOP never intended to repeal it in the first place.  It was all kabuki theater.

We were played for suckers.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

The GOP never intended to repeal it in the first place.  It was all kabuki theater.

The RINO's dog and pony show doesn't come as a surprise but I am disappointed that Cruz didn't stand his ground on full repeal. The only one who seems to remain steadfast on full repeal is Rand Paul.  He has never backed down on this issue.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Well, yeah ... and it only has a slim chance of passing.

What chance do you think full repeal would have with this bunch of losers?

Cruz was trying to help people out from under some of the worst parts of Obamacare.

I see that as a good thing.

Offline Suppressed

Cruz was trying to help people out from under some of the worst parts of Obamacare.

I see that as a good thing.

That's right.

There's nothing wrong with doing this now and then continuing if voters ever do their part and send a conservative majority.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

HonestJohn

What gets me is that people bought it; lock, stock, and barrel.

People that stupid should be barred from voting.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What gets me is that people bought it; lock, stock, and barrel.

People that stupid should be barred from voting.

That would likely reduce the eligible voting roll to a couple hundred thousand people in this country.

HonestJohn

That would likely reduce the eligible voting roll to a couple hundred thousand people in this country.

If they want a monarchy, then they can be the serfs that come with it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If they want a monarchy, then they can be the serfs that come with it.

They don't care, as long as they get to have their beer, cable and EBT filled each month while others pay for it - they are happy to be dependent serfs.