Author Topic: The global warming fraud explained in one simple chart  (Read 722 times)

rangerrebew

The global warming fraud explained in one simple chart
« on: July 13, 2017, 11:25:02 am »
July 12, 2017
The global warming fraud explained in one simple chart
By Thomas Lifson

The global warming fraud is based entirely on the practice of "adjusting" data.  Michael Mann's infamous hockey stick graph was "adjusted" to "hide the decline," most notably.  But every prediction of catastrophe, every "hottest year ever" story, depends on adjusting the actual data of surface temperatures.

A recent scientific study of global average surface temperature reports and the CO2 endangerment finding has produced a remarkable graph that says it all, very clearly.

James Delingpole of Breitbart spotted it and explains:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/07/the_global_warming_fraud_explained_in_one_simple_chart.html#ixzz4mi4IWsca
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Suppressed

Re: The global warming fraud explained in one simple chart
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 07:32:13 pm »
Okay, the piece states an observation.

Now, how about it addresses the actual reasons for the adjustments and explain why they are wrong?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 01:46:34 pm »
Okay, the piece states an observation.

Now, how about it addresses the actual reasons for the adjustments and explain why they are wrong?

The actual reason for the adjustments to the raw data is very simple. They wanted to suppress inconvenient facts.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 05:16:51 pm »
The actual reason for the adjustments to the raw data is very simple. They wanted to suppress inconvenient facts.

Now address the reasons they cite.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 05:43:59 pm »
Read the Hadley-Crut emails. I believe one of the phrases used a lot was "hide the decline".

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 06:24:32 pm »
Read the Hadley-Crut emails. I believe one of the phrases used a lot was "hide the decline".

I've read a substantial portion of them.  I did not see "hide the decline" more than once, and that was in reference to Keith Briffa's high-latitude tree-ring growth. Please give me some of the "lot" of other examples you're referring to.

And again, I ask for the specific critique of the adjustments made.  For example, many of the adjustments came from the time of day for daily data collection.  Earlier measurements were made in the afternoon, and then the change was made to record morning measurements.  Obviously, plotting those on one graph would show an artificial decrease.  Please explain why the data shouldn't be adjusted to account for the change in sampling technique.
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 06:37:08 pm »
I just discovered another dishonesty in this report. 

The implication left with the reader about that "red and blue" graph is that it's showing adjustments between raw and corrected data.  It's not.  It's merely a graph showing differences between two correction rounds.

If the point is that the corrections are biased over time, then why don't they show the raw vs corrected graph?
+++++++++