Author Topic: He Fights  (Read 3204 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: He Fights
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 08:09:24 pm »
Clever, but you know damn well the point I was making.

We have seen "savage" politics in this country, at its very outset. They were, in fact, probably very necessary at the time.

:thumbsup3:

You said that much better than I could.

Globalism, illegals, the Supreme Court, our country has been plowed under in recent years.

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2017, 08:12:01 pm »
I'm not commenting on the quality of Trump's tactics. I'm not even saying that this is his intention,  (I think he's a showman first who is in the process of growing a political philosophy).

I'm saying that when the system of government has been noodled and processed to the point it becomes isolated and unresponsive to the voters, in order to be effective perhaps political etiquette, or at least what was deemed politically apropos, may have to go out the window.

So, because the political system seems to have become unresponsive (I'll assume that arguendo), the only solution is to bring on an incompetent yahoo simply because he gets nasty on twitter?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 08:12:48 pm »
:thumbsup3:

Trump;

Christian values defended, pro-choicers shut down.

Sure, that's why Lisa Murkowski was bribbed with money for, among other things, Planned Parenthood, because Pro-Choicers have been shut down. And Trump is waiting at his desk with pen in hand ready to sign off.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 08:18:44 pm »
Sure, that's why Lisa Murkowski was bribbed with money for, among other things, Planned Parenthood, because Pro-Choicers have been shut down. And Trump is waiting at his desk with pen in hand ready to sign off.

Planned Parenthood International defunded $12 billion dollars, pro-life Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch, Planned Parenthood ready to be defunded in health care.  Giving the right back to the state to defund Planned Parenthood and maybe even recover past monies.

Diss these accomplishments all one wants to.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2017, 08:24:03 pm »
So, because the political system seems to have become unresponsive (I'll assume that arguendo), the only solution is to bring on an incompetent yahoo simply because he gets nasty on twitter?

Kind of like frustrated chimpanzees in the zoo. They impotently throw crap at the spectators and the spectators point and laugh increasing the frustration.

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2017, 08:25:02 pm »
Kind of like frustrated chimpanzees in the zoo. They impotently throw crap at the spectators and the spectators point and laugh increasing the frustration.

Good analogy.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2017, 08:25:29 pm »
And calling people "losers" is almost exactly the same as tar & feathering and burning the governor's mansion.

You need a little remedial history too.

I didn't realize we were at the tar and feathering stage.  Who do you think should go first?  The conservative members of Congress he threatened to primary or should we just go ahead and do the half of the country that disagrees with him?

I realize it is considered a personal insult, but you don't mind if everyone calls you a loser do you?  That silly rule about no personal insults makes no sense, we always have such great and productive conversations when we insult each other.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2017, 08:29:23 pm »
Planned Parenthood International defunded $12 billion dollars, pro-life Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch, Planned Parenthood ready to be defunded in health care.  Giving the right back to the state to defund Planned Parenthood and maybe even recover past monies.

Diss these accomplishments all one wants to.

I guess Lisa and whoever agreed to her demands for funds from every other state to go to Alaska for Planned Parenthood didn't get the memo.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2017, 08:43:59 pm »

Yeah, thats sounds pretty silly, huh.

And its not even close to what I said.

Oceander

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 08:45:56 pm »
Yeah, thats sounds pretty silly, huh.

And its not even close to what I said.

It captures the gist of it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2017, 08:46:49 pm »
It captures the gist of it.

If you say so.

Oceander

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2017, 08:47:34 pm »
If you say so.

Glad you agree with me.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2017, 08:48:50 pm »
I didn't realize we were at the tar and feathering stage.  Who do you think should go first?  The conservative members of Congress he threatened to primary or should we just go ahead and do the half of the country that disagrees with him?

I realize it is considered a personal insult, but you don't mind if everyone calls you a loser do you?  That silly rule about no personal insults makes no sense, we always have such great and productive conversations when we insult each other.

Is the above your idea of how to have a productive conversation?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2017, 08:50:42 pm »
Glad you agree with me.

It makes my day, too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2017, 08:50:57 pm »
Clever, but you know damn well the point I was making.

I think you completely missed mine.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2017, 08:51:04 pm »
I guess Lisa and whoever agreed to her demands for funds from every other state to go to Alaska for Planned Parenthood didn't get the memo.

It'd be nice to have a source of what you are referring to, otherwise, this just seems to be a vague reference.

We do have this:

These Two Republicans are Opposing the Senate Bill to Defund Planned Parenthood
National   Steven Ertelt   Jul 13, 2017   |   3:56PM    Washington, DC

The reconciliation bill to repeal Obamacare has undergone a couple of different revisions since the House of Representatives passed its version. However, every single version of the legislation has contained the House-approved provision that defunds the nation’s biggest abortion company.

Now it is up to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and other Republican leaders to persuade enough Republicans to support the bill. Senator Ted Cruz has already said he would support the measure and pro-life advocates are lobbying senators to support the legislation. Senator Rand Paul and a couple of other Republicans have balked at previous versions of the bill and Paul has already re-upped his opposition. Pro-abortion senators including Republicans Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski have previously said they support funding the Planned Parenthood abortion company and have discussed potentially voting against the legislation because it revokes taxpayer funding.

Continued: http://www.lifenews.com/2017/07/13/these-two-republicans-are-opposing-the-senate-bill-to-defund-planned-parenthood/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:51:51 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2017, 08:51:54 pm »
I think you completely missed mine.

Perhaps. Try being more concise.

Offline corbe

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2017, 08:52:25 pm »
                   Comeon folks lets get back on topic.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2017, 09:01:11 pm »

A favor, please, @Cripplecreek ... if this cold war should explode wide open on the streets of America promise you'll stay in the basement and out of the way.  We won't have time to backtrack and explain what's happening.  We'll be busy winning.

Thanks in advance!   :beer:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2017, 09:06:33 pm »
As happens in politics, they may be designating more funds to Alaska but it doesn't look like Planned Parenthood money, they are defunding it.

------------

GOP Health Bill Aims Cash at Reluctant Senator's Home State (2)
Anna Edney, Hannah Recht and Laura LitvanJul 14, 2017 4:39 am ET

(Bloomberg) -- Call it the Polar Payoff.

Changes made to the Republican legislation to repeal large parts of Obamacare would send hundreds of millions of extra federal dollars to Alaska, whose Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski has been holding off from giving her much-needed vote to the bill. Under formulas in the revised legislation, only Alaska appears to qualify for the extra money.

The money comes from the legislation’s $182 billion in funding meant to help stabilize insurance markets and help states provide coverage. Under the formulas, states -- in this case just Alaska -- with disproportionately higher premiums would get extra funds from that account.

The legislation, called the Better Care Reconciliation Act, would repeal large parts of the Affordable Care Act. Republicans possess only a narrow margin in the Senate, and can only afford to lose two votes from their 52-vote majority. Murkowski had expressed concern about the legislation’s Medicaid spending reductions and lessened aid for people buying individual coverage. She also opposes a ban of at least a year on Planned Parenthood funding that was kept in the updated version of the legislation.

Questioned by reporters Thursday, Murkowski said she needed to read the bill before she decides how she’ll vote. Her office didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment, though last month she said she wasn’t interested in a special program for her state.

“Let’s just say that they do something that’s so Alaska-specific just to, quote, ‘get me,’” Murkowski said in June. “Then you have a nationwide system that doesn’t work. That then comes crashing down and Alaska’s not able to kind of keep it together on its own.”

Legislative Dealing

Such legislative maneuvers aren’t uncommon. Senator Ben Nelson of Nebraska became the crucial Democratic vote for the Affordable Care Act after the inclusion of a provision that gave the state extra federal money for Medicaid, which is jointly funded by the federal government and states. Critics called it the Cornhusker Kickback, a reference to the Nelson’s home state.

Two related parts of the bill appear to specifically benefit Alaska.

Continued: http://washpost.bloomberg.com/Story?docId=1376-OT1HTZ6JTSE801-7N4ALFJ06H96N8VHCN1QSJD2M3

Offline corbe

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2017, 09:16:12 pm »
A favor, please, @Cripplecreek ... if this cold war should explode wide open on the streets of America promise you'll stay in the basement and out of the way.  We won't have time to backtrack and explain what's happening.  We'll be busy winning.

Thanks in advance!   :beer:

@Right_in_Virginia

In other words @Cripplecreek it may be time to double the size of your perimeter.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2017, 09:20:22 pm »
   @Right_in_Virginia

In other words @Cripplecreek it may be time to double the size of your perimeter.

The chairborne rangers on the "right" aren't going to do squat except continue aging and widening.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2017, 09:34:28 pm »
Is the above your idea of how to have a productive conversation?

What's wrong with what I wrote?  Only a loser cares about anyone being crude or obnoxious.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2017, 09:36:03 pm »
As happens in politics, they may be designating more funds to Alaska but it doesn't look like Planned Parenthood money, they are defunding it.

------------

GOP Health Bill Aims Cash at Reluctant Senator's Home State (2)
Anna Edney, Hannah Recht and Laura LitvanJul 14, 2017 4:39 am ET

(Bloomberg) -- Call it the Polar Payoff.

Changes made to the Republican legislation to repeal large parts of Obamacare would send hundreds of millions of extra federal dollars to Alaska, whose Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski has been holding off from giving her much-needed vote to the bill. Under formulas in the revised legislation, only Alaska appears to qualify for the extra money.

The money comes from the legislation’s $182 billion in funding meant to help stabilize insurance markets and help states provide coverage. Under the formulas, states -- in this case just Alaska -- with disproportionately higher premiums would get extra funds from that account.

The legislation, called the Better Care Reconciliation Act, would repeal large parts of the Affordable Care Act. Republicans possess only a narrow margin in the Senate, and can only afford to lose two votes from their 52-vote majority. Murkowski had expressed concern about the legislation’s Medicaid spending reductions and lessened aid for people buying individual coverage. She also opposes a ban of at least a year on Planned Parenthood funding that was kept in the updated version of the legislation.

Questioned by reporters Thursday, Murkowski said she needed to read the bill before she decides how she’ll vote. Her office didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment, though last month she said she wasn’t interested in a special program for her state.

“Let’s just say that they do something that’s so Alaska-specific just to, quote, ‘get me,’” Murkowski said in June. “Then you have a nationwide system that doesn’t work. That then comes crashing down and Alaska’s not able to kind of keep it together on its own.”

Legislative Dealing

Such legislative maneuvers aren’t uncommon. Senator Ben Nelson of Nebraska became the crucial Democratic vote for the Affordable Care Act after the inclusion of a provision that gave the state extra federal money for Medicaid, which is jointly funded by the federal government and states. Critics called it the Cornhusker Kickback, a reference to the Nelson’s home state.

Two related parts of the bill appear to specifically benefit Alaska.

Continued: http://washpost.bloomberg.com/Story?docId=1376-OT1HTZ6JTSE801-7N4ALFJ06H96N8VHCN1QSJD2M3

The bill defunds PP for one year as I understand it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2017, 09:36:29 pm »
The chairborne rangers on the "right" aren't going to do squat except continue aging and widening.

Meanwhile your throwing arm is definitely improving.