Author Topic: June 2-13, 2016: Donald Jr.'s controversial meeting came at a pivotal point for the Trump campaign  (Read 662 times)

Online corbe

June 2-13, 2016: Donald Jr.'s controversial meeting came at a pivotal point for the Trump campaign

Allan Smith
  Jul. 13, 2017, 9:01 AM

The  controversial meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a Kremlin-connected lawyer occurred at a pivotal point in President Donald Trump's campaign.

The meeting took place just after the primary season concluded in June 2016, at a time when Trump and his campaign were wrangling with what could have been a massive floor battle for delegates at the Republican National
Convention in Cleveland the next month.

It also took place amid one of the biggest controversies of the Trump campaign: his persistent attacks on US District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who was presiding over a case involving Trump University. Trump's line of attack, based on Curiel's Mexican heritage, earned him scorn from across the political spectrum.

Trump also teased a "major speech" on "all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons" on June 13 during his victory address after the June 7 primaries, just as Trump Jr. was arranging the meeting with the Russian lawyer for June 9. Trump's promised address was later replaced, however, with a speech that focused on national security, in the aftermath of the Orlando terror attack the day before.

Here's the full timeline of events that coincide with Trump Jr.'s emails and the June 9 meeting:

June 2

The day before the music publicist Rob Goldstone, who represented a Russian pop star with ties to Trump, sent his initial email to Trump Jr., Trump was celebrating the endorsement he received from House Speaker Paul Ryan. The speaker had been hesitant to endorse Trump in the weeks following Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich dropping out of the Republican primary race, which left Trump as the presumptive Republican nominee.

"So great to have the endorsement and support of Paul Ryan," Trump tweeted. "We will both be working very hard to Make America Great Again!"

Trump also stepped up his attacks on Curiel. In  an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Trump said the judge had "an absolute conflict" in presiding over the Trump University case because he was "of Mexican heritage," as Trump put it, and belonged to a Latino lawyers association. Trump added that the Indiana-born judge's ethnic background was relevant because of Trump's campaign promises to build a wall on the Mexican border and deport immigrants who were in the country illegally.

"I'm building a wall,"  Trump said. "It's an inherent conflict of interest."

He zeroed in on Curiel on Twitter as well.

"Even though I have a very biased and unfair judge in the Trump U civil case in San Diego, I have thousands of great reviews & will win case!" Trump tweeted.

During a rally that night in San Jose, California, Trump issued a blistering response to a foreign-policy speech earlier in the day from Hillary Clinton, then the Democratic front-runner, that bashed Trump. Trump said the former secretary of state was "guilty as hell."

"Hillary Clinton has to go to jail," he said. "Alright, I said it. She has to go to jail. The fact that they even allow her to participate in this race is a disgrace to the United States, is a disgrace to our nation."

June 3

<..snip..>

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-jr-email-timeline-2017-7
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

You just had to remind me how loathsome Trump is, didn't you...  I was trying so hard to be positive!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online corbe

Nothing about Ukraine and the GOP Platform fight.

Sorry @Suppressed
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The  controversial meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a Kremlin-connected lawyer occurred at a pivotal point in President Donald Trump's campaign.

The meeting took place just after the primary season concluded in June 2016, at a time when Trump and his campaign were wrangling with what could have been a massive floor battle for delegates at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland the next month.

The "Controversial"  meeting was a set up of the politically naïve Trump campaign by the Clintons and Obama sycophant AG Loretta Lynch which opened the door for endless FISA court requests which followed!  This ENTIRE Russian collusion business is a construct of the left for the sole purpose of undermining the Trump administration!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341788-exclusive-doj-let-russian-lawyer-into-us-before-she-met-with-trump
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:24:09 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

The "Controversial"  meeting was a set up of the politically naïve Trump campaign by the Clintons and Obama sycophant AG Loretta Lynch which opened the door for endless FISA court requests which followed!  This ENTIRE Russian collusion business is a construct of the left for the sole purpose of undermining the Trump administration!

It looks that way.

But Trump always hires the best people.  He'd never leave important positions vacant!

Except when he does.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Quote from: Suppressed on July 14, 2017, 05:11:16 pm
It looks that way.

But Trump always hires the best people.  He'd never leave important positions vacant!

Except when he does.

Are you paying ANY attention at all to what is going on in the Senate with regard to Trump nominees?  Trump is doing all he can on his own initiative. The rest is going to have to come from elsewhere!

http://www.facebook.com/TheDailySignalNews/videos/883074538525166/

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:54:09 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
You just had to remind me how loathsome Trump is, didn't you...  I was trying so hard to be positive!

I never forgot and that is the problem.

Offline Suppressed

Quote from: Bigun on July 14, 2017, 05:30:26 pm
Are you paying ANY attention at all to what is going on in the Senate with regard to Trump nominees?  Trump is doing all he can on his own initiative. The rest is going to have to come from elsewhere!

http://www.facebook.com/TheDailySignalNews/videos/883074538525166/

I can't do Facebook here, but...

Scorecard
Of 564 key positions requiring Senate confirmation--
  • Confirmed:   48
  • Formally nominated:  139
  • Awaiting nomination: 7
  • No nominee: 370
+++++++++

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Scorecard

So why should he move forward with more nominations, and give the democrats more time to torpedo them, until what he already has up there are either approved or rejected?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Scorecard

Personally I think its intentional. If he puts people in those empty positions they might end up opposing him and he simply can't have that. Heck, his pick to head the FBI has already come out in support of Robert Mueller and his investigation.

In FBI confirmation hearing, Wray denies Russia investigation is a ‘witch hunt’ of Trump  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/12/christopher-wray-fbi-nominee-dismisses-donald-trum/

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Personally I think its intentional. If he puts people in those empty positions they might end up opposing him and he simply can't have that. Heck, his pick to head the FBI has already come out in support of Robert Mueller and his investigation.

In FBI confirmation hearing, Wray denies Russia investigation is a ‘witch hunt’ of Trump  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/12/christopher-wray-fbi-nominee-dismisses-donald-trum/

You are entitled to you opinions. No one has to agree with them and I sure don't on this one.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341788-exclusive-doj-let-russian-lawyer-into-us-before-she-met-with-trump

This is why the dimocraps and their buddies at CNN and MSNBC wouldn't stop the all Russia all the time reporting. They knew it would come out.
Principles matter. Words matter.