Author Topic: Kid Rock says U.S. Senate campaign website 'not a hoax'  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Kid Rock says U.S. Senate campaign website 'not a hoax'
« on: July 14, 2017, 12:11:52 pm »
Kid Rock expanded upon his initial tweets on a U.S. Senate campaign Thursday night, criticizing the media and promising more information at midnight.

In a post on his website titled "Once again the press is wrong," the musician refuted speculation that the kidrockforsenate.com website making rounds around social media is a gimmick: "It's not a hoax, it's a strategy and marketing 101!"

"Like politicians write books during their campaigns, I'm planning on putting out music during mine and IT ALL STARTS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT," the post read.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/07/kid_rock_says_us_senate_campai.html#incart_river_home

:facepalm2:

Silver Pines

Re: Kid Rock says U.S. Senate campaign website 'not a hoax'
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 01:14:12 pm »
Kid Rock expanded upon his initial tweets on a U.S. Senate campaign Thursday night, criticizing the media and promising more information at midnight.

In a post on his website titled "Once again the press is wrong," the musician refuted speculation that the kidrockforsenate.com website making rounds around social media is a gimmick: "It's not a hoax, it's a strategy and marketing 101!"

"Like politicians write books during their campaigns, I'm planning on putting out music during mine and IT ALL STARTS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT," the post read.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/07/kid_rock_says_us_senate_campai.html#incart_river_home

:facepalm2:

Why not?  It's all entertainment now.

Maury Povich for VP---they can do campaign stop paternity tests and really get the crowd going.  "YOU ARE THE FATHER!"

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 01:19:58 pm »

Maury Povich for VP---they can do campaign stop paternity tests and really get the crowd going.  "YOU ARE THE FATHER!"

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 01:22:53 pm »
Kanye West and Oprah have expressed interest as well...

I know people say "idiocracy" but look at how much of a mess professional politicians have made of our country.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 01:27:38 pm »
Why not? Other entertainers have been in public office. Jesse Ventura, Al Franken, Jane Hathaway from the Beverley Hillbillies, Gopher from the Love Boat, Sonny Bono, Arnold Schwenegger ,  this is just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

And don't forget President Reagan was an actor before he was a president. Yay!

He might be good. Who knows? He might be horrible. I don't know his music so I don't have an opinion of him.

Btw, I am just naming names here. I'm not talking about these peoples political views.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 01:30:52 pm »

Mike Judge for President.

Only he can stop  Idiocracy, and TPS Reports.
@Cripplecreek
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:31:39 pm by Freya »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 01:34:09 pm »
Kanye West and Oprah have expressed interest as well...

I know people say "idiocracy" but look at how much of a mess professional politicians have made of our country.

And Trump is doing such a fine job. :silly:

I've always appreciated Kid Rock's obvious love for America and for Michigan but I cannot abide Trumpian stupidity. Hopefully his run will end in the primaries like nearly every other simpleton who tried to run by attaching their wagon to Trump. If it doesn't we'll end up with a democrat in that seat for 6 more years.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 01:41:24 pm »
I don't know much about him (Bob Ritchie, isn't that his name?), but could he really be as huuuge an idiot as the so-called comedian senator, Al Franken? The best people don't run for office, so perhaps celebrities is what we get.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 02:40:43 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 02:47:09 pm »

You mock Kid Rock for running, but have no problem with two professional losers like Debbie Stabenow and Gary Peters sitting in those seats? Just from listening to Kid Rock I can tell he give a shit about Michigan 10X more than the 2 current Senators do.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 02:49:08 pm »
I don't know much about him (Bob Ritchie, isn't that his name?), but could he really be as huuuge an idiot as the so-called comedian senator, Al Franken? The best people don't run for office, so perhaps celebrities is what we get.

Another reason we get celebrities is that those are the people lo-fo voters go for.  People are dazzled by the guy they saw on tv.  Don't really care whether the celebrity can actually do the job or not.

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 02:50:16 pm »
You mock Kid Rock for running, but have no problem with two professional losers like Debbie Stabenow and Gary Peters sitting in those seats? Just from listening to Kid Rock I can tell he give a shit about Michigan 10X more than the 2 current Senators do.

Frank, I didn't even mention Debbie Stabenow and Gary Peters.  When in the hell did we get to this "if you don't like Y, you love Z" reasoning?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 02:51:02 pm »
Another reason we get celebrities is that those are the people lo-fo voters go for.  People are dazzled by the guy they saw on tv.  Don't really care whether the celebrity can actually do the job or not.

Some have been good. Yay Reagan!  :patriot:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 02:58:22 pm »
Frank, I didn't even mention Debbie Stabenow and Gary Peters.  When in the hell did we get to this "if you don't like Y, you love Z" reasoning?

Because Peters and Stabenow are Commie filth. Kermit the Frog could do a better job than those two. If it takes some Rock N Roller who as a solid record of being pro American to take that seat so be it.

It can't get any worse than it is now in MI.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 03:07:24 pm »
Some have been good. Yay Reagan!  :patriot:

Yes, but remember, Reagan was governor before he became president.  He had been out of show biz for some time.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 03:18:51 pm »
Because Peters and Stabenow are Commie filth. Kermit the Frog could do a better job than those two. If it takes some Rock N Roller who as a solid record of being pro American to take that seat so be it.

It can't get any worse than it is now in MI.

@Frank Cannon

Yeah, we know what those two are.  Doesn't mean a circus clown is going to be any improvement, no matter how mad people are.

We're going to learn this lesson one day, I hope.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 03:24:37 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Yeah, we know what those two are.  Doesn't mean a circus clown is going to be any improvement, no matter how mad people are.

We're going to learn this lesson one day, I hope.

Well I can go through the list of GOP Senators currently in office. All of them are "serious" men and women who came from "serious" professions. Are they getting anything real done? No. Are they led by a backstabbing "serious" man who is only interested in himself? Yes. Does a mans profession prior to running for office really matter in the broad scope of things? Absolutely not.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 03:26:20 pm »

Its the usual false dichotomy "reasoning" of the tiny Trumper mind that it must be a Trumper or the democrat will win. What they refuse to face is that nearly every single challenger who tried to run on Trump's coattails went down in defeat during the primaries. In my district, the idiot who challenged my GOP congressman screaming about how my congressman is owned by Goldman Sachs, building a wall, MAGA, and bringing our jobs home crashed and burned in the primaries by a 70/30 margin.

If I had a question for Kid Rock I would ask for his feelings on the 17th amendment.

I haven't really given any thought to the senate races but I am pretty sure my vote wouldn't be wasted on Kid Rock. His behavior is tolerable in a performer but we need adults in office, not showmen.   

Personally I'm hoping MI AG Bill Schuette runs for Governor. I could definitely get behind a Pat Colbeck run for senate. Colbeck was campaign director for Ted Cruz in Michigan, has been a leader in finding patient based alternatives to Obamacare. Colbeck is also a solid education reformer who wants to eliminate social studies and return to teaching geography and civics as separate courses plus he wants to require proficiency standards in the bill of rights and constitutional principles before a student can get a diploma or GED.

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 03:27:16 pm »
Well I can go through the list of GOP Senators currently in office. All of them are "serious" men and women who came from "serious" professions. Are they getting anything real done? No. Are they led by a backstabbing "serious" man who is only interested in himself? Yes. Does a mans profession prior to running for office really matter in the broad scope of things? Absolutely not.

I know all that.  Doesn't make this guy any better.   

It isn't KR's profession, it's that he's a clown.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 03:29:55 pm »
Colbeck is also a solid education reformer who wants to eliminate social studies and return to teaching geography and civics as separate courses plus he wants to require proficiency standards in the bill of rights and constitutional principles before a student can get a diploma or GED.

Great!

I wish more conservatives took an interest in education.  It's a crucial fight.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 03:31:37 pm »
Mike Judge for President.

Only he can stop  Idiocracy, and TPS Reports.
@Cripplecreek
@Freya

Mike Judge, the Candidate without Flair!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 03:41:17 pm »
Yes, but remember, Reagan was governor before he became president.  He had been out of show biz for some time.
No, he had not been out of show biz for some time.

His last TV appearance was in 1965 and he was elected Goverrnor in 1966. Fresh in peoples' minds.

Nobody would have known who Reagan was, were it not for his entertainment industry career.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan#Entertainment_career
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 03:45:22 pm »
Great!

I wish more conservatives took an interest in education.  It's a crucial fight.

Some of his proposals

http://www.senatorpatrickcolbeck.com/education/

Another plus for Colbeck is his performance for Cruz in Michigan. I thought a 4th place finish behind Rubio, Kasich, and Trump was optimistic but Cruz pulled off a 2nd place finish earning 1 less delegate than Trump. Pat Colbeck (And Wendy Day) had a lot to do with that surprising showing.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 04:15:35 pm »
Some of his proposals

http://www.senatorpatrickcolbeck.com/education/

Another plus for Colbeck is his performance for Cruz in Michigan. I thought a 4th place finish behind Rubio, Kasich, and Trump was optimistic but Cruz pulled off a 2nd place finish earning 1 less delegate than Trump. Pat Colbeck (And Wendy Day) had a lot to do with that surprising showing.

Thanks!

I'm looking at his proposals for the changes to the science standards now.  Only thing I question is that I'm not sure it's worthwhile doing genus-to-genus or species-to-species on the evolutionary standards.  This is distracting from the main mechanisms and concepts.

Others look really quite good.
+++++++++

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 05:30:31 pm »
I know all that.  Doesn't make this guy any better.   

It isn't KR's profession, it's that he's a clown.

@CatherineofAragon

Yeah. Kid is a clown. We need more people who started successful businesses. Have run successfully for elected office. Speak well in front of the cameras. Has the right look for the job. That right there is the winning combination to get solid legislation done in DC. Someone exactly like.............Bob Corker.