Author Topic: The Disturbing Rise of Monarchism in America  (Read 10413 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: The Disturbing Rise of Monarchism in America
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2017, 08:37:58 pm »
Even on the thread where Trump is proposing backing the feds out of Education they complain.  Nothing is good enough for them.
I think I missed that thread. But proposing is one thing. Backing the federal government out of education has been
proposed before. Backing the federal government out of everything that isn't its legitimate bloody business has been
proposed before. When I see the proposal turning into the needed doings for consummation, I'll be the first to applaud
and give credit where due, no matter to whom the credit is due.

Until those doings and that consummation come to pass, I have no interest in such proposals from anyone in the
nation's largest organised crime family. (That's the government, for those who still have no idea what I meant by the
nation's largest organised crime family.)

The vast majority of government agencies can neither be reinvented nor reformed. If Americans want good
government, hundreds of failed government programs must be abolished and legions of laws that turn
government into a public nuisance must be repealed. All other "reforms" will merely prolong the abuse of the
American people
---James Bovard, from "feeling your pain": The Explosion and Abuse of Government Power in the Clinton-
Gore Years

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2017, 09:19:38 pm »
@Night Hides Not
I for one am weary beyond belief of the folks that want to do nothing but complain.   They claim to only be holding Trumps feet to the fire but there is NEVER anything positive from them.  Even on the thread where Trump is proposing backing the feds out of Education they complain.  Nothing is good enough for them.
Why, yes, I do have a complaint.

Not one time that I HAVE said the right thing was done or a good thing was done do I get any credit for doing so--none of us do. So, aside from an innate sense of fairness, what's the point of giving anyone, at any level of government any damned credit at all?
We'll just be regaled with another round of sweeping generalizations that we NEVER this or we ALWAYS that (whatever you don't like us pointing out). Well, tough titty. It is what it is. What is the point of having a political discussion area if there is nothing to discuss?
Maybe you'd be happier commenting on Melania's shoes over on the fashion thread.
Everyone seems pretty much in agreement that she dresses well. You can quibble about the accessories because that seems to be the level of disagreement y'all find appropriate.

It is garbage like this generalization that gets me to the point where I don't care if those bastards in DC strip the Federal Government to its bones per the Constitution and amputate what doesn't belong, walk on water, and emcee the Second Coming of Christ, that I'll never have a good word to say about that bunch of felchers in DC because it took them 100 years too many to do it.

Pardon me if I got your intent wrong. It dawns on me that if the 'supporters' are insufferable enough, maybe Trump will seem palatable in comparison. So before I have another good thing to say about anyone in government they'll have to get two out of three in the paragraph above done. Then I'll consider it. Until then everyone in DC can #sand.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2017, 10:44:04 pm »
Welcome to the party, 'pal'.    *****rollingeyes*****

We NEVER needed a moderator to butt in the threads until ....., well, until you guyz showed up from TOS.

I'm not ragging on you....been there, done that.   Just making a statement of FACT.

We've always policed ourselves.  Successfully.

PS:   The charge of favortism toward NTs?   A blind person could see it.  :laugh:
That's nonsense. This started when Donald Trump started behaving abhorrently and instead of acknowledging it, a cabal led by you, the now-departed aligncare, absentee owner R4, and a number of others, started attacking the rest of us for stating the obvious. This was literally less than a week after Trump announced his campaign, and months before the purges at TOS.

Oh, I told the truth. Are you going to attack me for that, too?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2017, 11:01:50 pm »
Why, yes, I do have a complaint.

Not one time that I HAVE said the right thing was done or a good thing was done do I get any credit for doing so--none of us do. So, aside from an innate sense of fairness, what's the point of giving anyone, at any level of government any damned credit at all?
We'll just be regaled with another round of sweeping generalizations that we NEVER this or we ALWAYS that (whatever you don't like us pointing out). Well, tough titty. It is what it is. What is the point of having a political discussion area if there is nothing to discuss?
Maybe you'd be happier commenting on Melania's shoes over on the fashion thread.
Everyone seems pretty much in agreement that she dresses well. You can quibble about the accessories because that seems to be the level of disagreement y'all find appropriate.

It is garbage like this generalization that gets me to the point where I don't care if those bastards in DC strip the Federal Government to its bones per the Constitution and amputate what doesn't belong, walk on water, and emcee the Second Coming of Christ, that I'll never have a good word to say about that bunch of felchers in DC because it took them 100 years too many to do it.

Pardon me if I got your intent wrong. It dawns on me that if the 'supporters' are insufferable enough, maybe Trump will seem palatable in comparison. So before I have another good thing to say about anyone in government they'll have to get two out of three in the paragraph above done. Then I'll consider it. Until then everyone in DC can #sand.

Well said my friend.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2017, 12:01:23 am »
Across the political spectrum, longing for a strongman–savior has reached uncomfortable levels.
By Max Bloom
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449455/american-monarchism-bipartisan-authoritarian-tendencies-growing

What a garbage article.  The monarchical impulses that exist are overwhelmingly on the left, where supporters of Obama urged him to take any steps necessary, including ignoring the will of the Congress and our constitutional structure, to implement his agenda.  A huge proportion of Trump's support was because of the hope that he'd appoint Supreme Court justices who would help restore checks and balances, and limit the ability of any President to rule by regulatory decree and executive order.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2017, 12:01:34 am »
That's nonsense. This started when Donald Trump started behaving abhorrently and instead of acknowledging it, a cabal led by you, the now-departed aligncare, absentee owner R4, and a number of others, started attacking the rest of us for stating the obvious. This was literally less than a week after Trump announced his campaign, and months before the purges at TOS.

Oh, I told the truth. Are you going to attack me for that, too?

You wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit you on the ass, @jmyrlefuller

And don't give me your crap that it was when "...Donald Trump started behaving abhorrently".

He could have been a frigging monk....wouldn't have changed your opinion of him.

I have EXACTLY the President I want at this time.   You can continue to pretend your guy could have won and have us in a better place.

The DEMS are emboldened to the point they wouldn't have recognized any Republican as the winner.  This ain't about Trump and you know it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2017, 12:17:49 am »
What a garbage article.  The monarchical impulses that exist are overwhelmingly on the left, where supporters of Obama urged him to take any steps necessary, including ignoring the will of the Congress and our constitutional structure, to implement his agenda.  A huge proportion of Trump's support was because of the hope that he'd appoint Supreme Court justices who would help restore checks and balances, and limit the ability of any President to rule by regulatory decree and executive order.

Nonsense.  There were, and are, plenty of Trump supporters calling for him to rule as a strong-man.  It's a bipartisan vice. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2017, 12:21:51 am »
Nonsense.  There were, and are, plenty of Trump supporters calling for him to rule as a strong-man.  It's a bipartisan vice.
Yep. I recall seeing the 'justification' floated that 'we need a dictator to set things right'.

I vehemently disagree with that idea, and having heard the gushing appreciation of a Russian National for the "Strongman" Josef Stalin, that idea did not fly with me one bit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2017, 12:24:14 am »
Welcome to the party, 'pal'.    *****rollingeyes*****

We NEVER needed a moderator to butt in the threads until ....., well, until you guyz showed up from TOS.

I'm not ragging on you....been there, done that.   Just making a statement of FACT.

We've always policed ourselves.  Successfully.

PS:   The charge of favortism toward NTs?   A blind person could see it.  :laugh:

Refresh my memory @DCPatriot ...were threads routinely locked prior to the great refugee flood?  Did we have MODs patrolling through threads?  I don't remember this happening .... but your memory may be better than mine.

Thanks.   :beer:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2017, 12:26:45 am »
What a garbage article.  The monarchical impulses that exist are overwhelmingly on the left, where supporters of Obama urged him to take any steps necessary, including ignoring the will of the Congress and our constitutional structure, to implement his agenda.

The impulses existed since long before His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama
Dada was a blip on the presidential radar, and on both sides of the political aisle. I commend to your (and anyone's)
reading, once again, Mr. Healy's The Cult of the Presidency (and its followup, False Idol: Barack Obama and
the Continuing Cult of the Presidency
) and Mr. (F.H.) Buckley's The Once and Future King: The Rise of Crown
Government in America

I've seen assorted supporters of most of my lifetime's presidents urging them to take any steps necessary including
ignoring Congress and even the Constitution to implement their agendae. Perhaps they have only become more
vocally noticeable in the Internet era, but they were as profound among George W. Bush's supporters as they were
among the supporters of His Excellency and the old bat who would have been Queen Hilarious Rodent Clinton.

The author of the garbage article actually scored more points off His Excellency and Would-Be-Queen Bat than he
scored off Donaldus Minimus. I might remind you, too, that there's little enough to stop a president---any president
---from nominating Supreme Court justices they hope, rhetorically anyway, to restore checks and balances, while
behaving concurrently as though checks and balances don't apply to the president when he (she?) finds them
inconvenient.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2017, 12:35:01 am »
Refresh my memory @DCPatriot ...were threads routinely locked prior to the great refugee flood?  Did we have MODs patrolling through threads?  I don't remember this happening .... but your memory may be better than mine.

While I'm passing beer around, I'm still looking for old threads where people were routinely demanding Mods ban other users for their opinions.  I'll consider my heart blessed, in advance.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2017, 12:35:02 am »

On fringe garbage sites like FR. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

HonestJohn

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2017, 12:36:40 am »
@MOD8

This is bullshit. Just because I throw a harder punch than @Oceander doesn't mean he didn't violate the rules here either. Why isn't his personal attack directed at me removed and chastised. "Trump Harpie" is a personal attack even though I directed my initial post here at the writer of the article and the publication he was writing in. @Oceander  directed that comment at me personally yet you do nothing about that.

I want you to defend your actions on the open forum because right now it is blatant #NT favoritism. We are either not supposed to personally attack or we are. We better get this hammered out now.

Where did he call *YOU* one?

Self-identifying doesn't count.

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2017, 12:36:49 am »
While I'm passing beer around, I'm still looking for old threads where people were routinely demanding Mods ban other users for their opinions.  I'll consider my heart blessed, in advance.

Wasn't done prior to the great flood. There must have been something in the "water". 

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:37:37 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2017, 12:37:51 am »
Wasn't done prior to the great flood.

And that was my point, exactly.  Thanks for making it for me.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:39:01 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2017, 12:39:30 am »
Sorry... I forgot the beer   :beer:

Forgiven!   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

HonestJohn

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2017, 12:41:43 am »

Yes.  We did.

Quite a few when you and yours kept demanding purges of those that didn't like Trump.  Then came your safespace to keep the peace.

Wingnut

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2017, 12:43:10 am »
Good thing I can tread water real good... cuz that epic flood of biblical proportions must have been a bitch.

« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2017, 12:43:28 am »
Yes.  We did.

Quite a few when you and yours kept demanding purges of those that didn't like Trump.  Then came your safespace to keep the peace.

Post flood, dear, post flood.   ^-^

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2017, 12:44:21 am »
Yes.  We did.

Good times!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2017, 12:45:32 am »
Post flood, dear, post flood.   ^-^

Would you be happy if we deleted all the accounts since last Spring?  Is that what you're asking here?  Dear?
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2017, 01:20:27 am »

Your memory is just fine, my dear FRiend.

And recall, the MODs didn't need to be camouflaged either.  We knew full well who was who.

"MOD8" ?  EIGHT?     *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2017, 01:24:48 am »
Yes.  We did.

Oy vey!

There, but for the grace of 'Godzilla'...huh?   :whistle:

Online corbe

« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2017, 01:34:50 am »
   What a bunch of whiners you Trumpers can be at times.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2017, 01:19:43 pm »

There were people on here wanting him to rule that way as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!