Author Topic: The Disturbing Rise of Monarchism in America  (Read 10419 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The Disturbing Rise of Monarchism in America
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 05:45:35 pm »
Well since you are going to violate the set rules here at TBR about insulting other posters, let me respond you shitbag by pointing out that I said nothing about Trump. I am calling out the no name loser who wrote this garbage for making up new definitions to well defined words just to make his paycheck this week.

Uncalled for attack, @Frank Cannon ~should have cleaned this up hours ago~Mod8

@MOD8

This is bullshit. Just because I throw a harder punch than @Oceander doesn't mean he didn't violate the rules here either. Why isn't his personal attack directed at me removed and chastised. "Trump Harpie" is a personal attack even though I directed my initial post here at the writer of the article and the publication he was writing in. @Oceander  directed that comment at me personally yet you do nothing about that.

I want you to defend your actions on the open forum because right now it is blatant #NT favoritism. We are either not supposed to personally attack or we are. We better get this hammered out now.

Wingnut

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2017, 05:57:06 pm »
You're thinking of the television skirmishes Buckley had with Gore Vidal, one of which climaxed in the following exchange during
ABC (who arranged their exchanges) covering the 1968 Democratic National Convention:

Yeah that was the one Thanks!   
No F word just the Q one!   lol.  A difference without a distinction!

Offline rodamala

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2017, 06:07:05 pm »
Here come the Trump harpies.

@Oceander

Today's word of the day, children, is shitbag.  Repeat after me.  Shit.  Bag.  Shitbag.  Now Uncle Frank will use it in a sentence...

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2017, 06:11:47 pm »
I dont like the direction this is going one damn bit, there will surely be timeouts if I have to come back in here. Chill!!!!

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2017, 06:13:08 pm »
@MOD8

This is bullshit. Just because I throw a harder punch than @Oceander doesn't mean he didn't violate the rules here either. Why isn't his personal attack directed at me removed and chastised. "Trump Harpie" is a personal attack even though I directed my initial post here at the writer of the article and the publication he was writing in. @Oceander  directed that comment at me personally yet you do nothing about that.

I want you to defend your actions on the open forum because right now it is blatant #NT favoritism. We are either not supposed to personally attack or we are. We better get this hammered out now.

:amen: :thumbsup: :hands:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2017, 06:14:31 pm »
It's not just the Presidency.

Look how many people, in total seriousness, worship that half-bit singer Beyoncé as a queen.

This phenomenon goes far beyond government and politics; it pervades our culture.

Worse yet, the Eloi worship the Kardashians.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2017, 06:17:58 pm »
We better get this hammered out now.

IT'S FRIDAY, BITCHES!  LET'S ALL GET HAMMERED.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2017, 06:18:09 pm »

Like I said on the other thread about your nastiness:  it's like a poker player's "tell" - the nastier you get, the more obviously scared you are.

@Oceander

Just because someone is eloquent doesn't mean they aren't full of rotten Mexican burritos after a tequila binge.

You felt it appropriate to insult everyone who isn't a nevertrumper.    For all your eloquence we know the truth.

@Frank Cannon
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2017, 06:21:02 pm »

@Night Hides Not
I for one am weary beyond belief of the folks that want to do nothing but complain.   They claim to only be holding Trumps feet to the fire but there is NEVER anything positive from them.  Even on the thread where Trump is proposing backing the feds out of Education they complain.  Nothing is good enough for them.

Wingnut

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2017, 06:22:13 pm »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2017, 06:26:02 pm »
@MOD8

Frank does have a legit point here.  His first comment was not directed at anyone on the board:

First, I should clarify.

You need to clarify you effing stupid NR hack because what you are explaining ISN'T a monarchy. You are just selling it as that because you drool on yourself trying to make your brain work.

However, while I would think 'Trump harpies' is a general disparagement of a group that came in response to Frank's quote - I will grant 'shit and bag' is easily a bit more personal, but Frank was insulted by the general comment.

Personally, I have no problem being referenced as a shitbag such during a poker game of political argumentation, which we are indeed having.

All of this said, everyone involved here is more than capable of sitting down to poker and punching one another in the face over sleights and cheating, and then get back up to the drinking and cards once we pull ourselves up off the floor.

While Frank and I have completely differing viewpoints on Trump - he makes me laugh and I am happy to play at the table - even if he likes to pour that cheap bourbon over my head and call me a shitbag because I grabbed an extra card and thought he didn't notice.

We NeverTrump dish out the same as what the AlwaysTrump dish out.

I suppose we can ask Oceander if he was personally offended at Frank's remark - something tells me no, Oleander is a big boy who knows the stakes at the table.

Bottom line, I do not like the charges of favoritism flung on the Mod staff - but Frank does indeed have a point.  Sometimes letting us friends fight it out among ourselves is better than having the Marshals break up the game and toss us in the slammer every single time an argument gets heated.

We are discussing politics and ideology after all.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2017, 06:28:18 pm »

I hear ya.

Wingnut

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2017, 06:29:59 pm »
I hear ya.

Specially MOD 8   If anyone ever needed a stiff one it's that one!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2017, 06:31:00 pm »
@MOD8

Frank does have a legit point here.  His first comment was not directed at anyone on the board:

However, while I would think 'Trump harpies' is a general disparagement of a group that came in response to Frank's quote - I will grant 'shit and bag' is easily a bit more personal, but Frank was insulted by the general comment.

Personally, I have no problem being referenced as a shitbag such during a poker game of political argumentation, which we are indeed having.

All of this said, everyone involved here is more than capable of sitting down to poker and punching one another in the face over sleights and cheating, and then get back up to the drinking and cards once we pull ourselves up off the floor.

While Frank and I have completely differing viewpoints on Trump - he makes me laugh and I am happy to play at the table - even if he likes to pour that cheap bourbon over my head and call me a shitbag because I grabbed an extra card and thought he didn't notice.

We NeverTrump dish out the same as what the AlwaysTrump dish out.

I suppose we can ask Oceander if he was personally offended at Frank's remark - something tells me no, Oleander is a big boy who knows the stakes at the table.

Bottom line, I do not like the charges of favoritism flung on the Mod staff - but Frank does indeed have a point.  Sometimes letting us friends fight it out among ourselves is better than having the Marshals break up the game and toss us in the slammer every single time an argument gets heated.

I have absolutely not problem with being insulted by Oceander or anyone for that matter. I just want a level playing field.

Actually I lie. I want a crooked playing field that favors me over everyone else.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2017, 06:45:59 pm »
@MOD8

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2017, 06:48:11 pm »
@Oceander

Just because someone is eloquent doesn't mean they aren't full of rotten Mexican burritos after a tequila binge.

You felt it appropriate to insult everyone who isn't a nevertrumper.    For all your eloquence we know the truth.

@Frank Cannon

Indeed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2017, 06:51:38 pm »
Actually I lie. I want a crooked playing field that favors me over everyone else.

Don't we all Frank?

In fact, I want my damn own lane in traffic that favors me over everyone else too.

I'm tired of having to be stuck behind old men driving 30 in a 55 MPH two-lane highway in pristine Town Cars wearing hats with ear flaps on them in July.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline MOD8

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2017, 06:52:05 pm »
The language and the tone of your post were reported @Frank Cannon that is what I thought I was addressing. It’s not always a conspiracy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2017, 06:54:22 pm »
The language and the tone of your post were reported @Frank Cannon that is what I thought I was addressing. It’s not always a conspiracy.

Tone is irrelevant. If insults are verboten then all insults are off limits whether they be written like a Robert Frost poem or a Buddy Hackett routine.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2017, 06:55:01 pm »

Welcome to the party, 'pal'.    *****rollingeyes*****

We NEVER needed a moderator to butt in the threads until ....., well, until you guyz showed up from TOS.

I'm not ragging on you....been there, done that.   Just making a statement of FACT.

We've always policed ourselves.  Successfully.

PS:   The charge of favortism toward NTs?   A blind person could see it.  :laugh:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2017, 07:07:22 pm »
Welcome to the party, 'pal'.    *****rollingeyes*****

We NEVER needed a moderator to butt in the threads until ....., well, until you guyz showed up from TOS.

I'm not ragging on you....been there, done that.   Just making a statement of FACT.

We've always policed ourselves.  Successfully.

PS:   The charge of favortism toward NTs?   A blind person could see it.  :laugh:

@DCPatriot

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2017, 07:39:15 pm »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2017, 07:49:16 pm »
Like I said earlier .....

Thanks for proving my point, folks.  It's amazing how scared some of y'all are becoming.  That cognitive dissonance must really be beginning to hurt. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 07:50:04 pm by Oceander »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2017, 07:56:34 pm »
Like I said earlier .....

Thanks for proving my point, folks.  It's amazing how scared some of y'all are becoming.  That cognitive dissonance must really be beginning to hurt.

@Oceander
I bet that made sense in your mind when you wrote it.  I bet it sounded like Robert Frost channeling Edgar Allen Poe.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2017, 07:56:46 pm »
There is a disturbing rise in celebrity worship among conservatives these days as well.