Author Topic: The Disturbing Rise of Monarchism in America  (Read 10551 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: The Disturbing Rise of Monarchism in America
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2017, 01:46:32 pm »
While I'm passing beer around, I'm still looking for old threads where people were routinely demanding Mods ban other users for their opinions.  I'll consider my heart blessed, in advance.

Thanks.   :beer:

NeverTrumpers tried more than once to get me banned when I first started posting here. They almost succeed, I got a three day ban and warned of more to come.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:50:00 pm by jpsb »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2017, 01:49:54 pm »
Tone is irrelevant. If insults are verboten then all insults are off limits whether they be written like a Robert Frost poem or a Buddy Hackett routine.

Just my $.02...I'm an old fuddy duddy that doesn't like profanity in any forum. I'm no saint, but when I refer to certain obscene words, I don't spell it out, ala s**t.

A woman I dated during my tour in Germany told me she liked to see me swear. In her view, Americans displayed passion when swearing.

To each his/her own.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2017, 01:52:11 pm »
NeverTrumpers tried more than once to get me banned when I first started posting here. They almost succeed, I got a three day ban and warned of more to come.

NOPE! YOU tried more than once to get yourself banned and nearly succeeded!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2017, 01:56:09 pm »
NOPE! YOU tried more than once to get yourself banned and nearly succeeded!

Politely telling the truth has gotten me banned at FR, WeatherUndergroud and here. Temporary bans but banned none the less. I would post more often but the truth is an unwelcome commodity these days. These days I mostly use Twitter and Discus. haven't had my hand slapped yet and both are unfriendly ground for a conservative Trump supporter.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:58:25 pm by jpsb »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2017, 02:00:25 pm »
:2popcorn:

Saturday morning revisionist history is more entertaining than cartoons. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2017, 02:07:33 pm »
Politely telling the truth has gotten me banned at FR, WeatherUndergroud and here. Temporary bans but banned none the less. I would post more often but the truth is an unwelcome commodity these days. These days I mostly use Twitter and Discus. haven't had my hand slapped yet and both are unfriendly ground for a conservative Trump supporter.

UH no!  You have undoubtedly convinced yourself that that is true but the reality is quite different!  I was here the entire time!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2017, 02:13:34 pm »
:2popcorn:

Saturday morning revisionist history is more entertaining than cartoons.

Your 'normal' Saturday morning routine, cartoons and Count Chocula.   ^-^

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2017, 02:13:39 pm »
   There is an easily discernible pattern if you folks would just open your eyes about the recent bans, timeouts and admonishments from the mods, Their all RUSSIANS!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2017, 02:15:39 pm »

Bugs Bunny and Friends via YouTube and Cheerios.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2017, 02:21:13 pm »
Bugs Bunny and Friends via YouTube and Cheerios.

^-^   Hard pressed to find an argument for that. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jpsb

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2017, 02:23:29 pm »
UH no!  You have undoubtedly convinced yourself that that is true but the reality is quite different!  I was here the entire time!

I was simply making the point that yes there were lots of folks here trying to get me banned for telling, IMHO, the truth about nevertrumpers. I find it hugely ironic that I was labeled anti-Trump at FR and banned for it, I got banned from WU for being a CC skeptic.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2017, 02:23:54 pm »

Shows how dated we're all become.  Saturday morning cartoons were cancelled years ago, along with Count Chocula commercials.   8888crybaby

A good point was made upthread:  We had plenty of flame wars back before we had a lot of new members sign up last year, and I fully expect them to continue into the future.  This place would be pretty boring without them, face it. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2017, 02:25:10 pm »
I was simply making the point that yes there were lots of folks here trying to get me banned for telling, IMHO, the truth about nevertrumpers. I find it hugely ironic that I was labeled anti-Trump at FR and banned for it, I got banned from WU for being a CC skeptic.

I think it's important to appreciate they failed to get you banned here.  I hope they never do.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 02:25:37 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2017, 02:27:14 pm »
^-^   Hard pressed to find an argument for that.

Now if you want to tie this back into the thread theme of totalitarianism...its a real shame that the PC crowd has deemed 99.9% of the classic cartoons racist and insensitive and banished them from TV.

I heard a story one time that one of the reasons Ted Turner launched Cartoon Network was to get his hands on the Looney Toons library to eventually get them off TV.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2017, 02:28:29 pm »
Shows how dated we're all become.  Saturday morning cartoons were cancelled years ago, along with Count Chocula commercials.   8888crybaby

A good point was made upthread:  We had plenty of flame wars back before we had a lot of new members sign up last year, and I fully expect them to continue into the future. This place would be pretty boring without them, face it.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2017, 02:32:15 pm »
Mike Lee explains the superiority of federalism which is about as far from monarchism than one can get.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,271903.msg1387627.html#msg1387627

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2017, 02:43:58 pm »
Mike Lee explains the superiority of federalism which is about as far from monarchism than one can get.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,271903.msg1387627.html#msg1387627

A great column by the Senator.  Thanks for posting it, CC.
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2017, 03:24:26 pm »
Just my $.02...I'm an old fuddy duddy that doesn't like profanity in any forum. I'm no saint, but when I refer to certain obscene words, I don't spell it out, ala s**t.

A woman I dated during my tour in Germany told me she liked to see me swear. In her view, Americans displayed passion when swearing.

To each his/her own.

I love it when you talk dirty.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2017, 04:44:13 pm »
I heard a story one time that one of the reasons Ted Turner launched Cartoon Network was to get his hands on the Looney Toons library to eventually get them off TV.
I used to watch Cartoon Network with my son when he was little.

He still has a passion for Looney Tunes even at age 25 . . . from all those showings on Cartoon Network and its
spinoff channel for classic cartoons, Boomerang. (Which also showed heaping helpings of classic Hanna-Barbera
'toons . . . )

It's a passion his father has had since age six watching ABC's The Bugs Bunny Show on Tuesday nights
in the early 1960s.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2017, 04:52:45 pm »
It is Saturday morning after all.

Ahhhhh...... nostalgia.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqKf7j43i_k

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:55:22 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2017, 05:47:30 pm »
Ah, Saturday morning, with Mel Blanc. And sugary cereal

Life is good.

RIP, Mr. Blanc, you were the best.

You still are.

(I still love Bugs Bunny and friends)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:50:21 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2017, 05:55:08 pm »

Life is good.

You still are.

I recall going to the movie theater as a young boy....admission was just a quarter.

Instead of a half dozen previews like they give you today, they did the black and white newsreel updates for 5 minutes followed by a couple of full feature cartoons, Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, Heckle and Jeckle, Yosemite Same and the Road Runner.

When the lights dimmed the entire house cheered out loud.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2017, 06:09:19 pm »

Life is good.

You still are.

@Freya
He wasn't too shabby on radio, either . . .

The Mel Blanc Show (CBS, 1946-47)

Mel Blanc as himself, an appliance repairman who was never really able to fix anything; and, as Zookie,
Mel's shop assistant, speaking like Porky Pig.
Mary Jane Kroft as Betty Colby, his girl friend
Joseph Kearns as Mr. Colby, grocer and Betty's father
Hans Conreid as Mr. Cushing, president of the Benevolent Order of Loyal Zebras lodge

The director was Joe Rines, who married Portland Hoffa three years after the death of her first husband,
radio comedy legend Fred Allen. Both marriages lasted long enough for Portland Hoffa to be able to say
she'd celebrated two silver wedding anniversaries in her lifetime.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:31:04 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2017, 08:28:37 pm »
It is Saturday morning after all.

Ahhhhh...... nostalgia.......

I thought that stuff was named Quix.   Oh boy.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:29:04 pm by Wingnut »