Author Topic: Rush: Lost in the Weeds on the Don Jr. Story? Here Are the Facts  (Read 652 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/07/13/lost-in-the-weeds-on-the-don-jr-story-here-are-the-facts/

Lost in the Weeds on the Don Jr. Story? Here Are the Facts

Jul 13, 2017

RUSH: I tell you what, I didn’t ever do one, but if I had had to do a doctoral thesis to get my Ph.D., that’s what show prep today would have, or did, probably feel like. I mean, so much of this stuff is in the weeds now that it is difficult to siphon through it. but that’s why I’m here, my friends, to make the complex understandable. And we will endeavor to engage in that quest today.

And we’re gonna do Open Line Friday on Thursday today because I’m out tomorrow. It’s an annual summer event, member-guest golf tournament out of town that runs Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: The honey pot. Folks, this story has taken so many twists and turns. And after immersing myself in it from the time I got home yesterday — well, I piddled around a little. From the moment I began to immerse myself in it until this program began. And reading things I don’t normally read, such as the New York Times.

And then knowing how to read between the lines in the New York Times, I now understand, if I put myself in the position, in the shoes of the media who hates Trump, and they want Trump to become Richard Nixon II and they want this to become Watergate, I understand why they think this episode gives them the opportunity. As opposed to the previous episodes of the last nine months not really providing that opportunity.

The New York Times is quite instructive on this today. Bear with me on this. I know you probably don’t like me quoting the New York Times, but bear with me on this. Because I am endeavoring to make all this complexity understandable. And unlike many, I will have a hard and fast conclusion when we get there.

But the New York Times has a story and a headline today that indicates it was Jared Kushner’s law firm which outed Donald Trump Jr. and the emails. If you read the story and if you don’t know how to connect something two paragraphs earlier to an innocuous sentence in a paragraph three paragraphs later, you’re gonna miss what this is really about.

You’re gonna end up concluding that Jared Kushner dropped the dime on Don Jr. I don’t think that’s what happened. But the New York Times writes their story and headlines it in such a way that most people are gonna conclude, and they’re gonna have mind-dropping, jaw-dropping reactions to it. What happened was that Jared’s legal team, Jared’s lawyers, he’s Trump’s son-in-law, so in the pecking order of the family he would rank below Don Jr., right? Plus, Jared is an official White House adviser.

Junior is not. Junior is over there running Trump Enterprises. In fact, part of the deal for the Trump family to not have to put everything in a blind trust is that Don Jr. got nothing to do with the government. He’s not a lobbyist; he’s not an adviser; doesn’t have a West Wing or East Wing office. He’s not there. He’s over there running Trump Enterprises.

So Jared Kushner and his lawyers had to amend their disclosure forms as part of security clearance and compliance with government service. And when all of this excrement hit the fan, they came across this meeting, which, up until recently, in most people’s view, was not much of anything. But the meeting between the honey pot and Don Jr. and Manafort and Jared. And so they amended the disclosure to admit that the meeting had happened because this babe is supposedly tied to the Kremlin. That’s arguable as well.

And if you read the New York Times story and you stop there, you might think, you might ask yourself, “Are you kidding me? Jared Kushner sold out his own brother-in-law? Jared Kushner dropped the dime on Don Jr.?” And then you’ll start asking, “What Trump’s gonna do? Oh, my God, is he gonna fire Jared? Can’t fire Jared. Jared’s married to Ivanka! And Ivanka won’t let him fire Jared. If anything, brothers and sisters, Ivanka will demand that Don Jr. walk the mile over to the prison and be done with it.” That’s what people are speculating.

I don’t think the Jared camp actually dropped the dime. My thinking and the thinking of quite a few others, I must say — this is not original to me — just common sense. Who, when you amend, if you’re a government service employee such as in the White House, Jared and his legal team, if they feel the need to upgrade, update disclosure form information, to whom do they give it? Who administers this?

The FBI. The FBI is it background checks. The FBI clears people. The FBI at the Department of Justice is where this kind of stuff goes. Well, then the next question is, how did New York Times find out about Don Jr. meeting with the honey pot? There were only three people in the honey pot meeting. Don Jr., Manafort, and Jared. President Trump says he didn’t know a thing about it when it happened. Did the honey pot leak? We don’t know. The honey pot was there under apparently false premises. She wanted to talk about adoption and the McGinsky Act.

So the conclusion here is that it’s the FBI who called the New York Times and reported on this meeting that Don Jr. had with the honey pot, and the email thread then enters the scene and we all know at the end of it Donald Jr. decided to get out in front of this and release the whole email thread, beating the New York Times to it, who also had the email thread as well. The theory was to get out in front of it.

There’s another faction in the Trump White House that doesn’t believe that at all. One of Trump’s guiding mentors was a New York lawyer named Roy Cohn. He was from the Truman Capote era. He was a battler. And Roy Cohn believed you don’t tell anybody anything. You don’t disclose anything. You don’t do it until God makes you, ’til a judge makes you, you don’t. But Junior went out and executed an entirely different corporate philosophy, just flood the zone, let’s get it all out there, it’s coming anyway, let’s get it out there and try to control it.

But the question remains, how did the New York Times find out about it before all of this happened? It looks like there’s another FBI leak here that made all of this public. Not to say — don’t misunderstand — not to say just ’cause the FBI leaked it that what happened is irrelevant and doesn’t have any meaning. I’m just trying to make sense of a New York Times story which makes it look like Jared dropped the dime, makes it look like an internal family squabble. It makes it look like Jared and his lawyers decided to throw Donald Jr. under the bus.

And yet if you believe the New York Times and their story construction here, it would not have been. They turned over the data. The FBI specified that this is proper government sources. Well, that would be the FBI in this case. So that’s one thing. Keep that in mind. All of this is relevant as this jigsaw puzzle gets put together.

Now, let’s do a simple timeline of the honey pot’s activities, based on various news stories that we have and will choose to believe or not. In October of 2015, the honey pot has an extraordinary hearing at the U.S. attorney’s office of the Southern District of Manhattan, Southern District of New York, an extraordinary hearing in which she is seeking permission to enter the country. She at the time does not have proper credentials to enter the country.

Remember, now, the Obama Justice Department’s running the show at this time. She received what’s called immigration parole. You ever heard of that? I hadn’t either. The U.S. attorney’s office in New York confirmed yesterday to TheHill.com that it let the honey pot, Veselnitskaya, into the country on a grant of immigration parole that ran from October of 2015 to early January of 2016. Meaning the Obama DOJ enabled the honey pot to enter the country without a visa.

She had been turned down for a visa to enter the U.S. lawfully but then was granted special immigration parole by then attorney general Loretta Lynch for the limited purpose of having a company owned by a Russian businessman, who happened to be the honey pot’s client, defend itself against a Justice Department asset forfeiture case in federal court in New York City. That’s ostensibly why she wanted to come into the country and was granted immigration parole.

In June of 2016, six months beyond the length of time of her immigration parole, she lures Trump Jr. into a meeting on the pretense of opposition research, that she has earth-shattering news from the highest levels of the Kremlin on corruption and sleaze on the part of Hillary Rodham Clinton. An email chain is established and leaked. The source of the leak remains unknown but I happen to believe, after having read the New York Times today, it’s the FBI.

The honey pot, Veselnitskaya, a documented liar, has said that her contacts with Trump Jr. and others in Washington was simply part of a lobbying campaign to get members of Congress and the American political people, members of Congress, so forth, to see the real circumstances behind the Mignitsky Act. And in fact her meeting with Trump Jr. and Manafort and Jared was about nothing but that. She had no drop-dead corruption info on Mrs. Clinton.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay. Now the thing in question at this point that I want to next go to is the honey pot claimed in her… Well, she didn’t. This Goldstone guy, the music publicist from the U.K. — who actually wrote these emails to Junior and was representing another third-party, the son of an oligarch in Russia who is very close to Putin. It is the British publicist who claims that this lawyer, the honey pot, has got news from the highest levels of Russian government about Mrs. Clinton and her corruption. And the honey pot never said so.

She never participated in the emails. It was just Donald Trump Jr. and the publicist — and, by extension, the son of the Russian oligarch that the publicist was talking to. He was in the email thread as well. So Trump Jr. and everybody takes the meeting on the basis that the honey pot’s got some knock-down-drag-out news about Mrs. Clinton.

When she shows up, she has none of the sort. She has nothing but an appeal to them to help with this McGinsky Act. Now, there a number of people who are speculating this isn’t true. There are a number of people who say, “This doesn’t make any sense.” A lawyer from the Kremlin is going to call the son of an unlikely winner, i.e. Trump? This is June, 2016! At this point in time, nobody thinks Trump’s gonna win anything. He’s gonna get the nomination, but he’s not gonna win at all. Hillary’s gonna win in a landslide.

So with that mind-set, what is this? Some lawyer, some honey pot from the Kremlin calls the son of a candidate likely to lose to make a pitch on an adoption issue involving Russians that nobody cares about? People think that isn’t true.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34