Author Topic: Couple who married as man and wife 21 years ago renew their vows as two women after the husband had a sex change following tearful discussion about his wife's wedding dress  (Read 915 times)

Offline mountaineer

Couple who married as man and wife 21 years ago renew their vows as two women after the husband had a sex change following tearful discussion about his wife's wedding dress
Daily Mail (U.K.)
By Gareth Davies For Mailonline
Published: 18:14 EDT, 12 July 2017 | Updated: 23:23 EDT, 12 July 2017
A couple who married as man and wife are set to renew their vows as a same-sex couple after the husband had a sex change.

Denise and Kristiana Taylor will walk down the aisle again 21 years after first getting married - but both wearing ivory dresses.

The couple renewed their vows in 2012 after more than 15 years of marriage, but just days later, former Royal Navy sailor Kristiana told Denise he wanted to have a sex change.

Kristiana broke down in tears just three days after the ceremony as they discussed Denise's dress, which prompted her to come out as trans.

But there is a part of her former self that lives on as they decided to call their son after Kristiana's birth name - Stephen. ...

Kristiana, 49, left school at 16 and spent most of her life in the Royal Navy, serving in the Gulf War, but left in the mid-90s and soon met her future wife.

Now, five years after beginning her transition - which also included gender reassignment surgery - Mrs and Mrs Taylor could not be happier.

Denise, a midwife at Medway hospital, added: 'I had my suspicions for quite some time, and every time I'd try to approach the subject we'd have a full-blown argument and she'd storm out.

'For me I thought, her as a man was having an affair or was gay and I kept finding things round the house and didn't know how to approach it and I was anxious of thinking what was going on.  ...

Stephen Taylor, who is named after his birth name of his biological father
(there! fixed it), flanked by his parents

Bet you can't guess which one is Kristiana.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

Kristiana, 49, left school at 16 and spent most of her life in the Royal Navy....

Lifetime in the Royal Navy will do it.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

@CatherineofAragon See, not wanting poop washed off sidewalks because it's racists isn't really so weird afterall when you look at other stories.

Wingnut

Kristiana, 49, left school at 16 and spent most of her life in the Royal Navy....

Lifetime in the Royal Navy will do it.

Man, now that damn Village People song  "In the Navy" is earwormed in my brain!

Thanks Frank. 

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon See, not wanting poop washed off sidewalks because it's racists isn't really so weird afterall when you look at other stories.

@RoosGirl

The hell with it, I'm going to take up day drinking.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

The hell with it, I'm going to take up day drinking.

Lol.  The world would probably make a lot more sense, and if it didn't you wouldn't care.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org