Author Topic: Tourist killed by jet blast at notorious Caribbean airport / New Zealand woman killed by jet plane takeoff on Caribbean island  (Read 768 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Tourist killed by jet blast at notorious Caribbean airport

Gavin Haines
The Daily Telegraph
July 13, 2017

A tourist has died at one of the world’s most dangerous airports.

The woman – a 57-year-old New Zealander – was reportedly watching a plane take off from the notorious Princess Juliana Airport in St Maarten when she was knocked over by the thrust from one of its engines.
More

New Zealand woman killed by jet plane takeoff on Caribbean island

The New Zealand Herald
July 13, 2017

A New Zealand woman has been tossed to her death by the jet blast from a plane at a Caribbean beach.

The 57-year-old tourist was knocked over in Sint Maarten and seriously injured, dying a short time later.

Several people were apparently holding on to the airport fence by the Princess Juliana International Airport.
More

Offline Frank Cannon

“I met with the family of the deceased this evening and while they recognised that what they did was wrong, through the clearly visible danger signs, they regret that risk they took turned out in the worst possible way,”

No shit. So doing something dangerous and stupid CAN get you killed.

Offline endicom

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
“I met with the family of the deceased this evening and while they recognised that what they did was wrong, through the clearly visible danger signs, they regret that risk they took turned out in the worst possible way,”

Wingnut

She should have just taken a selfie on the train tracks with the train doing 90..

But then this looks like so much more fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV28AL0k1kY&ab_channel=JohannPidoux
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:56:31 pm by Wingnut »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Once in a while a sailor will get blown off the flight deck of a carrier by jet exhaust. But that is far from the worst thing that could happen out there. Several times a day, the crew (anyone available) will do FOD walk across every inch of the deck. FOD is 'foreign object debris'.

This is done for two reasons. First, any debris sucked into the turbines could cause a catastrophic failure. Second, any debris on-deck becomes a bullet when it is picked up by a thrusting jet engine. This causes an unsafe environment for the deck crew and pilots.

The people holding on to that fence shouldn't be as concerned about how fast the wind is coming at them, they should be much more concerned about what the wind could be carrying. If any one of them gets hit in the head or the eye with even a pebble, they will die instantly. In fact, when I read the headline, I thought that was what happened to this woman.

These people are risking their lives. And most of them are too ignorant to know it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

She should have just taken a selfie on the train tracks with the train doing 90..

But then this looks like so much more fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV28AL0k1kY&ab_channel=JohannPidoux

Only you would post something about a girl getting blown by a plane.

Offline Suppressed

Coulda been a guy getting sucked...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jxcSY1AwrM
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

I know.  Ain't I grand!   :seeya: