Author Topic: Exclusive – Sen. Rand Paul: Senate GOP Decides to Keep Obamacare  (Read 4148 times)

Offline ConservativeGranny

Re: Exclusive – Sen. Rand Paul: Senate GOP Decides to Keep Obamacare
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 03:28:31 am »

What we need is better Republicans. We need to stop listening to rhetoric and start looking at the records of people we vote in. Look at what they've done previously in the Senate or in other offices they've held.  Only 8 Republicans are up in 2018 but 2020 could be the year we clean house and salt the ground.

Like we did with Trump? Some Conservatives tried that already. All we got for our efforts is to be told "x" is better than (insert dem candidate here).

Every election it's the same old thing. The problem is that Repubs are still going into the election booth and choosing the lesser evil. Therefore we will always have evil. That is how a qualified man like Ted Cruz was thrown under the bus because voters didn't care about a candidate's voting record or his morality and instead listened to rhetoric or chose the man just because he had a "R" after his name. Then they labeled those who wanted to actually vet a candidate "Never Trumpers" and were vilified.

In the end party loyalty rules the day. Not common sense. Nothing is going to change unless those who keep saying that we have to research our candidates, vet them, examine their past record and ignore their rhetoric actually walk the walk right up to and including the point where they register their vote at the polling place. This is why I'm an independent voter. I make my choices freely without having to hold my nose and vote with the herd.

Offline corbe

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2017, 04:01:55 am »
   Everyone was pissed at the GOP I get that, but nominating and electing a NY Liberal seems counter productive.
   Why not the Guy the GOP hated cause he shut down the GOV for 13 days to end funding for obummercare, was instrumental in removing Boehner from the House and called McConnell a liar IN THE WELL.

go figure @ConservativeGranny
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2017, 11:48:24 am »
   Everyone was pissed at the GOP I get that, but nominating and electing a NY Liberal seems counter productive.
   Why not the Guy the GOP hated cause he shut down the GOV for 13 days to end funding for obummercare, was instrumental in removing Boehner from the House and called McConnell a liar IN THE WELL.

go figure @ConservativeGranny

:amen:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2017, 03:37:42 pm »
In my defense, I never posted to Invar.  I should know better.  I was posting to people advocating a third party.

I know that frustration with our current crop of Republicans sometimes makes people want to cry out for something else.  But I don't think a third party is the answer.

If there were enough conservatives to make a "conservative" party the largest of the three (meaning more than 33% support of the electorate), then there would certainly be enough to be a majority within the 45-50% or so of the electorate that votes Republican.  It wouldn't take more than 25% of the total electorate (and that's on the high side) to seize conservative control of the GOP.

The problem isn't the GOP as a party.  It is the lack of enough conservative voters to elect conservatives in the GOP primary.  And you don't solve the lack of conservative voters by breaking off into a fringe party that can't possibly win the 35%+ it would take to win national elections.

The math says the best conservative path to power - even if it is a slim one - is within the GOP.

@Emjay
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:38:02 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2017, 04:36:45 pm »
And you don't solve the lack of conservative voters by breaking off into a fringe party that can't possibly win the 35%+ it would take to win national elections.

I've heard that silly excuse being flung by the party since Perot.

Not buying it anymore.  It will take you 3 generations and 150 years with a lot of hope and hard work speaking in Spanish to achieve what you think you will by playing your part for the oligarchy in D.C. for the GOP wing of the Beast.

I'm done voting for the lesser Liberal and thinking myself a patriot.  I wasn't.  All I was doing was enabling Statism with my stupid time, effort and votes.

No more.

Third party, where at least I'm voting FOR what I believe in, rather than playing checkmate to vote AGAINST a worse liberal Leftist than what your party fronts.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775