Author Topic: Four young men go missing in Pennsylvania and police fear foul play  (Read 973 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Four young men go missing in Pennsylvania and police fear foul play

Authorities are searching for four young men who vanished over a two-day period in a wealthy Philadelphia suburb, and say foul play is suspected.

Pennsylvania officials announced a person of interest on Tuesday as search crews focused on a vast farm owned by the man's parents.

Cosmo DiNardo, 20, was identified and also arrested on an unrelated weapons charge, but later released on bail.

Officials say his arrest was not linked to the criminal investigation.

Continued: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40573672

I heard on the nightly news, they are holding someone on $5 million bail now.

At first, 2 days ago, the 4 were reported missing. Now, we are coming to expect the worse.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Four young men go missing in Pennsylvania and police fear foul play
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 04:56:19 am »

From the link.

Search crews using heavy machinery, metal detectors, and cadaver dogs have been scouring the Solebury Township 68-acre farm - about 40 miles (65km) north of Philadelphia.

News helicopters have been hovering overhead broadcasting the workers tearing up concrete and sifting through dirt.

Do they have that much new concrete?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 09:37:08 am »
The remains of one of the men have been found and identified.  This story also says there is a second set of remains that hasn't been identified:

http://wnep.com/2017/07/13/pennsylvania-man-found-dead/

Reminds me of an episode of Criminal Minds.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 09:38:12 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/13/multiple-remains-found-on-pennsylvania-farm-in-search-for-missing-men-1-man-idd.html

Multiple remains found on Pennsylvania farm in search for missing men, 1 man ID'd
By Ryan Gaydos, Travis Fedschun

By Ryan Gaydos, Travis Fedschun
Published July 13, 2017
Fox News

Now Playing

New evidence in search for missing Pennsylvania men

Authorities in Pennsylvania said early Thursday they have found multiple sets of human remains in search for four missing men and were able to identify one of the victims.

Dean Finocchiaro, 19, was identified as one of the men recovered in a 12-feet-deep common grave on a sprawling farm in Solebury Township, which is 30 miles north of Philadelphia, authorities said.
Related Image
0713 dean fin2 Expand / Collapse

Dean Finocchiaro  (Bucks County District Attorney's Office via AP)

Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said he could not identify the other remains at this time.

Finocchario, Mark Sturgis, 22, Tom Meo, 21, and Jimi Tar Patrick, 19, were all last seen seven days ago. Patrick's family members said Sturgis and Meo worked together and Finocchiaro was a mutual friend.

Authorities on Wednesday arrested the son of the property’s owners-- 20-year-old Cosmo DiNardo-- on charges that he tried to sell Meo’s car for $500 on July 9, a day after he was last seen. The 1996 Nissan Maxima was found on the DiNardo’s farmland.

continued at above link
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 10:29:31 am »
Solesbury township is near New Hope if I recall correctly, beautiful country. I know there is a HS there that caters to kids with ADD/ADHD and bipolar, anxiety and other psychological issues. I've seen their ads and met two of their graduates who I don't think would have been able to attend a colllege program.

This is a heartbreaking story, my sympathies for the parents of these boys

Ping
@rodamala
@Suppressed
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 11:49:53 am »
Solesbury township is near New Hope if I recall correctly, beautiful country. I know there is a HS there that caters to kids with ADD/ADHD and bipolar, anxiety and other psychological issues. I've seen their ads and met two of their graduates who I don't think would have been able to attend a colllege program.

This is a heartbreaking story, my sympathies for the parents of these boys

Ping
@rodamala
@Suppressed

Thanks for the ping, @Freya. I was following this on the radio yesterday and heard of the arrest and setting at $5 mill cash, but not that they'd found remains.   Those poor parents.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 04:44:04 pm »
Dean Finocchiaro, 19, was identified as one of the men recovered in a 12-feet-deep common grave on a sprawling farm in Solebury Township, which is 30 miles north of Philadelphia, authorities said....

...It is unclear how the four men knew DiNardo, if at all....

12 foot deep and unknown connections.  If not caught trying to sell the car for $500, may have not been caught.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 04:49:25 pm »
DiNardo had a previous mental health commitment. Prayers for the parents of the victims.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 04:50:53 pm »
Thanks for the ping, @Freya. I was following this on the radio yesterday and heard of the arrest and setting at $5 mill cash, but not that they'd found remains.   Those poor parents.

The $5 million is because they think he's a flight risk.   There were indications his parents might help him run.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 06:30:47 pm »
The $5 million is because they think he's a flight risk.   There were indications his parents might help him run.

I realized the former but hadn't heard the latter. Thanks for further info!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 09:40:28 pm »
FoxNews just announced DiNardo has confessed to all four murders in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 10:03:42 pm »
FoxNews just announced DiNardo has confessed to all four murders in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table.

I just got the same alert from CNN on my phone. I wonder what his motive was.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Idiot

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 02:23:43 am »
Oh just great....he'll get to spend the rest of his life in a mental health facility that WE pay for. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 02:46:36 am »
He's also telling them where the bodies are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 02:54:33 am »

Stupid idiot. We don't ever kill anyone on death row in PA. Gary Heidnik was the last one 20 friggen years ago.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 01:48:07 am »
Update, they have arrested a second accomplice, Sean Kratz.

Also, in the recent coverage, I am hearing little about "mental health" issues, sounds like they heinously and with depraved minds, planned this.  Horrible.

Pennsylvania murders: Two charged in deaths of four young men

14 July 2017
    From the section US & Canada

Two men are now charged with the killings of four young men in an affluent Philadelphia suburb.

Cosmo DiNardo and Sean Kratz, both 20, each face murder charges as well as multiple counts of conspiracy, robbery and abuse of a corpse.

Continued: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40615168